Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 109642 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #825 on: November 20, 2022, 04:39:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Now we're probably going to get creamed by the Vikings and Bills over the next few weeks (especially if our offense and O-Line don't improve ASAP), but just for the next few days I'll enjoy this win  ;D
This defense should, stressing should, keep the Pats' in every game the rest of the year. The Jets defense was fantastic today and is one of the best in the league. The team was still able to move the ball in bad wind conditions. I have hope. I still see 10-7 as the most likely outcome, like I did at the start of the season.

« Reply #826 on: November 20, 2022, 04:39:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Am I the only one that can't watch this on CBS?

You’re not missing much.

You just missed something!

Exciting ending, but he didn’t miss much up to that point. Glad they won, but the offense is hard to watch.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #827 on: November 20, 2022, 04:42:07 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

You’re not missing much.

Exciting ending, but he didn’t miss much up to that point. Glad they won, but the offense is hard to watch.

It was just funny you posted that within seconds of the punt return.  :)

« Reply #828 on: November 20, 2022, 04:52:13 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Now we're probably going to get creamed by the Vikings and Bills over the next few weeks (especially if our offense and O-Line don't improve ASAP), but just for the next few days I'll enjoy this win  ;D
This defense should, stressing should, keep the Pats' in every game the rest of the year. The Jets defense was fantastic today and is one of the best in the league. The team was still able to move the ball in bad wind conditions. I have hope. I still see 10-7 as the most likely outcome, like I did at the start of the season.

Optimistic take on the offense.  Yes, they moved the ball but on (just about) every obvious passing down Mac was in trouble. I wish I could say the Pats left a lot of points on the field, but I’d say it amounted to 6.  Should have won 9-3 and not have had to rely on Marcus Jones.  I’d really like to see how Mac does with a good O-line. He’s a little hard to assess currently. But, I thought he was accurate today.  And…. he didn’t give up the ball.  There were a couple of sacks he could have thrown it away (probably- though the door closed quickly) - and those sacks cost them 2 FGs.

« Reply #829 on: November 20, 2022, 04:56:22 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

You’re not missing much.

It was just funny you posted that within seconds of the punt return.  :)

Yeah, I did post that just before the last play. Haha.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #830 on: November 20, 2022, 05:13:40 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Once again, I’m happy for the win, but the offense remains unwatchable.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #831 on: November 20, 2022, 05:14:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah same. I predicted 10-7 and still am.

I expect them to lose both Buffalo games, and they'll lose 1 to MIN/MIA/CIN. But my optimistic view is they'll win two games out of that trio, even though I know all of MIA/CIN/MIN will be favored in the games. Then you just take care of business against the Raiders and Cardinals. That's 10 wins and a playoff spot (6 or 7 seed, IMO likely 6 seed given how the AFC is shaping out)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #832 on: November 20, 2022, 05:24:50 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Almost 300 yards of total offenses against a good defense in horrible conditions. The offensive line is still a problem. But we did move the ball today.

« Reply #833 on: November 20, 2022, 05:26:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Almost 300 yards of total offenses against a good defense in horrible conditions. The offensive line is still a problem. But we did move the ball today.

We did but at some point we got to actually convert with touchdowns. We're definitely not beating better teams ahead in the schedule with only FGs

« Reply #834 on: November 20, 2022, 05:32:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
And this is consistent with what the Jets gave up to Buffalo, Green Bay, Denver and Miami. Against a less than great defense, the Pats' will definitely move the ball. The issue is not to crumble in the red zone and start putting it into the end zone.

As for the schedule, I like the chances against Minnesota(as I don't think they are anywhere near as good as their record and they can give up points), Arizona, Vegas, Cincy, Miami(warm weather Miami historically is bad in cold weather New England in December and January) and one of the Bills game. No, I don't think they win all of them, but 4? Yeah, I see that.

« Reply #835 on: November 20, 2022, 06:18:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Minnesota showing why I feel good about the Pats' beating them on Thanksgiving, they're getting pummeled by the Cowboys 30-3 in the 3rd.

« Reply #836 on: November 20, 2022, 06:22:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Minnesota showing why I feel good about the Pats' beating them on Thanksgiving, they're getting pummeled by the Cowboys 30-3 in the 3rd.

I just hope our O-Line plays decent. Feels like teams, including the Cowboys currently, are able to run on the Vikings and Stevenson + Harris can feast against them. But only if the O-Line can be decent.

Also idk if it's by design but the Vikings play some of the softest coverage ever. Their prevent defense is even softer than the usual prevent defenses teams play too in the clutch moments. Mac will need to capitalize in those moments.

« Reply #837 on: November 20, 2022, 06:24:49 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
And this is consistent with what the Jets gave up to Buffalo, Green Bay, Denver and Miami. Against a less than great defense, the Pats' will definitely move the ball. The issue is not to crumble in the red zone and start putting it into the end zone.

As for the schedule, I like the chances against Minnesota(as I don't think they are anywhere near as good as their record and they can give up points), Arizona, Vegas, Cincy, Miami(warm weather Miami historically is bad in cold weather New England in December and January) and one of the Bills game. No, I don't think they win all of them, but 4? Yeah, I see that.

Yes,  I was going to check that but you beat me to it.  Buffalo vs Jets, 317 Total Yards.  Patriots vs. Jets, 297 total yards.  Our red zone was horrible and pass protection in general was even worse.

I am worried about the OL with David Andrews apparently hurt again.  Not sure how we are going to fix that. 

« Reply #838 on: November 20, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

They’re moving the ball until they reach the red zone, and that’s a problem they need to solve if they’re gonna have success against good teams.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #839 on: November 20, 2022, 07:37:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yes,  I was going to check that but you beat me to it.  Buffalo vs Jets, 317 Total Yards.  Patriots vs. Jets, 297 total yards.  Our red zone was horrible and pass protection in general was even worse.

I am worried about the OL with David Andrews apparently hurt again.  Not sure how we are going to fix that.

Yeah not just Andrews but Wynn might also miss some significant time. I know we dog on Wynn for the penalties and poor play at times but who do we really have behind him? This O-Line might be a problem the rest of this season now unless guys like Strange, Cajuste, etc. all step up ASAP