Author Topic: 2022 Celtics predraft workouts  (Read 13026 times)

Re: 2022 Celtics predraft workouts
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2022, 08:53:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I've always liked Michael Foster.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2022, 08:57:24 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The first few names have come out of players working out for the Celtics

Teddy Allen   6'6   SF   New Mexico
Julian Champagnie   6'7   SF   St Johns
Peter Kiss   6'5   SF   Bryant
Lucas Williamson   6'4   SG   Loyola

Gabe Brown 6'8 SF Michigan St
interesting they have Peter Kiss coming in.  top college scorer this year.  nice touch to add a local kid

Gotta love Peter Kiss.

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2022, 08:59:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I know he has elected to go back for a senior season, but Oscar Tshiebwe is someone I am dreaming of us getting. Elite of the elite when it comes to rebounding and being as strong as an ox!

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 10:22:47 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
updated
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2022, 11:05:54 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I know he has elected to go back for a senior season, but Oscar Tshiebwe is someone I am dreaming of us getting. Elite of the elite when it comes to rebounding and being as strong as an ox!

I'm just starting to look at the 2023 draft. That guy looks like a beast. I don't know anything else about him, so I don't know why he's projected to go so late in the draft, but he looks like a guy I'd feel very comfortable with under the rim.

Also reading about Wembanyama. I guess he's going to be the big prize in the lottery (the draft lottery, not the Shirley Jackson kind).

Mike

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2022, 06:22:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I'm just starting to look at the 2023 draft. That guy looks like a beast. I don't know anything else about him, so I don't know why he's projected to go so late in the draft, but he looks like a guy I'd feel very comfortable with under the rim.

Also reading about Wembanyama. I guess he's going to be the big prize in the lottery (the draft lottery, not the Shirley Jackson kind).

Mike
Yeah, I love Tshiebwe. He's a lean 260lbs with a 7'4 wingspan and an endless motor. Ideal 2nd round older pick for my mind.

Wembenyama is a ridiculous prospect. 7'3 with a 7'9 wingspan, ball skills, shooting, and is a good defender beyond just being enormous. I like him more than Holmgren.

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2022, 12:54:17 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
added Jeriah Horne
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2022, 02:09:18 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Mike
Yeah, I love Tshiebwe. He's a lean 260lbs with a 7'4 wingspan and an endless motor. Ideal 2nd round older pick for my mind.

Wembenyama is a ridiculous prospect. 7'3 with a 7'9 wingspan, ball skills, shooting, and is a good defender beyond just being enormous. I like him more than Holmgren.

Have watched Yannick Nzosa? Looks like he might be something....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flYIcBp2LIU

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 03:03:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Mike

He is years away. Regressed this most recent season, and is not worth our time given he’s probably 4 years away from even playing NBA

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2022, 03:56:08 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Mike

He is years away. Regressed this most recent season, and is not worth our time given he’s probably 4 years away from even playing NBA

I agree he is years away but one strategy that I'm not opposed to is using #53 to take a swing on one of the international bigs (Kamagate, Diop, Nzosa or Makur Maker) if they fall that low. Then use the Cs lack of end of the roster talent to try to land a preferred UDFA.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2022, 05:55:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Mike

I agree he is years away but one strategy that I'm not opposed to is using #53 to take a swing on one of the international bigs (Kamagate, Diop, Nzosa or Makur Maker) if they fall that low. Then use the Cs lack of end of the roster talent to try to land a preferred UDFA.
That's fair enough, it's just a strategy I have no interest in. We already have two long shot international prospects, a third seems like a lot. I'm more interested in NBA ready guys who spent a few years in college. I was all for someone like Herb Jones or Aaron Wiggins last year. This year it's Vince Williams or Justin Lewis. Or maybe even Jabari Walker

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2022, 06:06:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think the era of Lebron is O VER .  And Ainge and his micro players .

I expect BS to do the right thing and get RobIII. A backup pogo stick ,  and or replacement big man fore Al.   

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2022, 06:35:56 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Mike

He's only 18 and a physical freak. I'd either pick a physical freak draft stash or a older 3-D guy.

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2022, 06:48:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Mike

He's only 18 and a physical freak. I'd either pick a physical freak draft stash or a older 3-D guy.
Every year there are physical freak big men who have no discernible skills besides being tall and long. Not really interesting to me personally.

I'm much more interested in the potential 2nd round big prospects in the next draft. Tshiebwe, Bacot, Tubelis, Garcia, or even a freak like Jamarion Sharp.

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2022, 07:15:15 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Mike

Every year there are physical freak big men who have no discernible skills besides being tall and long. Not really interesting to me personally.

I'm much more interested in the potential 2nd round big prospects in the next draft. Tshiebwe, Bacot, Tubelis, Garcia, or even a freak like Jamarion Sharp.

You are right. I don't really have my mind set on anyone this year and it's either a senior older role player or a draft and stash in my opinion. Nzosa is very raw.