Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90639 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #540 on: September 29, 2022, 08:58:41 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
TimeLord, White, and fillers for Ayton I would do in a second, but not trading Brown
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #541 on: October 19, 2022, 10:32:03 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
BOS Out: Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (we keep the ORL pick)

BOS In: McConnell

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Griffin

Bench: Best Buyout Candidate Available, Vonleh, Hauser, Davison, Kabengele

Off-season: Use the 2023 ORL second round pick on the best available big. Match the best offer for Grant Williams. Re-sign Horford. Use the MLE on the best available big:

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
G. Williams/Horford
Timelord/MLE

Bench: Ring-chasing Vet, Hauser, Davison, 2nd round C/PF

« Reply #542 on: October 19, 2022, 10:34:30 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
BOS Out: Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (we keep the ORL pick)

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Griffin

Off-season: Use the 2023 ORL second round pick on the best available big. Match the best offer for Grant Williams. Use the MLE on the best available big:

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/MLE

Need an upgrade at C and Wing, not PG.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #543 on: October 19, 2022, 10:37:53 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Griffin

Off-season: Use the 2023 ORL second round pick on the best available big. Match the best offer for Grant Williams. Use the MLE on the best available big:

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/MLE

Matter of best available player for Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (we keep the ORL pick). We’d be lucky to dump Gallo and Kornet, and upgrade from Pritchard. Indiana has a ton of cap space and might bite.

« Reply #544 on: October 19, 2022, 10:39:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Griffin

Off-season: Use the 2023 ORL second round pick on the best available big. Match the best offer for Grant Williams. Re-sign Horford. Use the MLE on the best available big:

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
G. Williams/Horford
Timelord/MLE

Ludicrous overpay that doesn't actually address any of our roster needs
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #545 on: October 19, 2022, 10:42:30 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Griffin

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/MLE

Matter of best available player for Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (we keep the ORL pick). We’d be lucky to dump Gallo and Kornet, and upgrade from Pritchard. Indiana has a ton of cap space and might bite.

Yeah, I’d rather just keep Pritchard than have McConnel. Neither would get much burn behind Brown, Smart, White, Brogdon. If we can flip Pritchard, Gallo and a pick for a better Wing/C that would be ideal.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #546 on: October 19, 2022, 10:44:05 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Griffin

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
G. Williams/Horford
Timelord/MLE

Ludicrous overpay that doesn't actually address any of our roster needs

Getting rid of Gallo will cost us at least a second. Pritchard and a second is fair value for McConnell, particularly if they take Kornet off our hands.

With McConnell onboard, we could always be sure that one of these combinations is on the floor 48 MPG so long as our top three scorers remain healthy:

1) JT/JB
2) JT/Brogdon
3) JB/Brogdon

It would even allow us to occasionally play White at the 2, Brown at the 3 and Tatum at the 4, with Horford at the 5, while resting up Smart and Brogdon.

That is an exciting prospect, and alleviates the concern about a backup wing (Brogdon always at the 2, and JB at the 3 when he’s playing with Brogdon).

In terms of center, we just need to hold on until Timelord is healthy. We may get lucky and end up with a buyout to back him up. We may get lucky and Griffin may have a second coming. I’m not seeing any other path to upgrading our situation at center.

« Reply #547 on: October 19, 2022, 10:53:04 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Also, I’m fully onboard with JKJB. Dude has obviously improved himself this off-season and I’ve got a feeling he has a commitment to the green just like Bill Russell before him, so I’m pretty sure we’ll be extending him when the time is optimal for JB. Then I can move on to worrying about losing JT for nothing 🤣

« Reply #548 on: October 20, 2022, 08:19:39 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Also, I’m fully onboard with JKJB. Dude has obviously improved himself this off-season and I’ve got a feeling he has a commitment to the green just like Bill Russell before him, so I’m pretty sure we’ll be extending him when the time is optimal for JB. Then I can move on to worrying about losing JT for nothing 🤣
JB is my favorite player, but even I get the anxiety of losing a great player for nothing. I think that is just kind of the reality of the new NBA. It does put fans in a little bit of a bind.
#JKJB

« Reply #549 on: October 20, 2022, 10:10:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/Griffin

Smart/McConnell
JB/White
JT/Brogdon
Horford/G. Williams
Timelord/MLE

Yeah, I’d rather just keep Pritchard than have McConnel. Neither would get much burn behind Brown, Smart, White, Brogdon. If we can flip Pritchard, Gallo and a pick for a better Wing/C that would be ideal.
agreed.  if we're making a deal with those players it's to fill an actual hole in the frontcourt or the wing, not to obtain another guard where we're all set.  another pointless trade proposal

« Reply #550 on: October 25, 2022, 10:40:19 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
How about (2) of our 2023 second-rounders (we keep the ORL pick) and our TPE for Alex Len? There’s really not much of a way to upgrade from where we stand unless we’re willing to move Pritchard or D-White (off limits in my opinion).

« Reply #551 on: October 25, 2022, 10:45:05 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I wonder if the Suns would consider this:

BOS In: Crowder, Biyombo
PHX In: Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (BOS keeps the ORL pick)

« Reply #552 on: October 29, 2022, 08:43:40 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I wonder if the Suns would consider this:

BOS In: Crowder, Biyombo
PHX In: Gallo, Pritchard, Kornet, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (BOS keeps the ORL pick)

This is the move I would make, even if Kornet/Biyombo got dropped. It would be cold-hearted sending Gallo packing, but Phoenix would be a good situation for him next year and it’s not like he built connections with our roster considering he screwed himself up playing in Europe before training camp.

Assuming it ends up being Pritchard/Gallo/2nds for the return of Crowder, this is a good enough roster to win it all this year:

Smart/White
JB/Brogdon
JT/Batman or JB
Crowder/Batman or JT
Timelord/Horford

In the off-season, re-sign Horford and Crowder, assuming Crowder played well enough to be our starter next year. Match the best offer for Grant. Use our Orlando pick on the best available defensive center. In free agency, use our MLE on the best available 3/4.

« Reply #553 on: November 06, 2022, 03:24:18 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
The Nets are a complete dumpster fire, especially in the wake of this latest Kyrie headache. Kyrie surely must realize how much trouble he is in considering Nike’s cancellation. Basically, I bet he’ll soon be outreaching his big brother from his time in Cleveland, the one person who managed to keep him under control, begging for a chance to redeem himself. The Lakers are a complete dumpster fire, too. That’s two of the six biggest franchises in the dumpster fires, so I see an opportunity to buy-low on KD just before Christmas by helping these two dumpster fires try to fix themselves:

BOS In: KD
BOS Out: JB, Gallo, Kornet, 2024 BOS 1st, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (we keep ORL)

And as part of this three-way deal, LeBron forces the Lakers into an all-in move like he did his final year in Cleveland at the deadline:

LAL In: JB, Kyrie, Joe Harris, Simmons
LAL Out: AD, Westbrick, Lonnie Walker IV, Patrick Beverley, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2028 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd

BKN In: AD, Westbrick, Lonnie Walker IV, Patrick Beverley, Gallo, Kornet, 2024 BOS 1st, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, (2) 2023 2nds, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2028 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd
BKN Out: KD, Kyrie, Simmons, Harris

That’s called cashing-in on JB’s great start and buying low on one of the top 15-20 NBA players of all-time. Check out our new team:

Smart/White
Brogdon/Pritchard
JT/Hauser
KD/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Reserves: Top Buyout TBD, Griffin, Jackson, Vonleh, Davison

That’s ten deep with three of the best shooters in the league bookended by two of the best defenders in the league. Off the bench, a player who would start on 1/3rd of the teams in the league in D-White, two guys who would start on 5-10 teams in the league in Horford/G. Williams, and respectable/blooming rotation players in Hauser and Pritchard. KD finally comes where he belongs with good pal Horford, which is what he should have done in 2016. KD finally gets the championship partner in JT that he always wanted.

Brooklyn would be well-served by then shipping AD somewhere for more picks, followed by moving Royce O’Neal, Beverley, Claxton and Curry for picks and buying out Westbrick, so they can go all-in on a tank to try to win the Wembanyama sweepstakes, especially since the consolation prize for getting number two would be Scoot Henderson, a guy who would be number one probably 6-7 times every decade. In other words, this is the year for the Nets to tank and then reevaluate the available free agents later this decade.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 03:39:16 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #554 on: November 06, 2022, 04:01:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Nets are a complete dumpster fire, especially in the wake of this latest Kyrie headache. Kyrie surely must realize how much trouble he is in considering Nike’s cancellation. Basically, I bet he’ll soon be outreaching his big brother from his time in Cleveland, the one person who managed to keep him under control, begging for a chance to redeem himself. The Lakers are a complete dumpster fire, too. That’s two of the six biggest franchises in the dumpster fires, so I see an opportunity to buy-low on KD just before Christmas by helping these two dumpster fires try to fix themselves:

BOS In: KD
BOS Out: JB, Gallo, Kornet, 2024 BOS 1st, (2) 2023 2nd round picks (we keep ORL)

And as part of this three-way deal, LeBron forces the Lakers into an all-in move like he did his final year in Cleveland at the deadline:

LAL In: JB, Kyrie, Joe Harris, Simmons
LAL Out: AD, Westbrick, Lonnie Walker IV, Patrick Beverley, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2028 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd

BKN In: AD, Westbrick, Lonnie Walker IV, Patrick Beverley, Gallo, Kornet, 2024 BOS 1st, 2026 LAL 1st, 2028 LAL 1st, 2029 LAL 1st swap, (2) 2023 2nds, 2027 LAL 2nd, 2028 LAL 2nd, 2029 LAL 2nd
BKN Out: KD, Kyrie, Simmons, Harris

That’s called cashing-in on JB’s great start and buying low on one of the top 15-20 NBA players of all-time. Check out our new team:

Smart/White
Brogdon/Pritchard
JT/Hauser
KD/G. Williams
Timelord/Horford

Reserves: Top Buyout TBD, Griffin, Jackson, Vonleh, Davison

That’s ten deep with three of the best shooters in the league bookended by two of the best defenders in the league. Off the bench, a player who would start on 1/3rd of the teams in the league in D-White, two guys who would start on 5-10 teams in the league in Horford/G. Williams, and respectable/blooming rotation players in Hauser and Pritchard. KD finally comes where he belongs with good pal Horford, which is what he should have done in 2016. KD finally gets the championship partner in JT that he always wanted.

Brooklyn would be well-served by then shipping AD somewhere for more picks, followed by moving Royce O’Neal, Beverley, Claxton and Curry for picks and buying out Westbrick, so they can go all-in on a tank to try to win the Wembanyama sweepstakes, especially since the consolation prize for getting number two would be Scoot Henderson, a guy who would be number one probably 6-7 times every decade. In other words, this is the year for the Nets to tank and then reevaluate the available free agents later this decade.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)