Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90604 times)

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #495 on: July 27, 2022, 08:12:11 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Celtics in the Finals were not the Celtics of 2022, the team that beat the Bucks, but instead the Celtics of 2021 again.

I have no idea what this means.  The team that beat the Bucks in 2022 and the team that lost in the finals in 2022 was exactly the same team in terms of personnel.  I am not clear what you are implying.  That they got emotionally damaged or something?  The team that I am talking about is the team that was the best team in the league for the second 41 games and that swept the Nets, and beat the Bucks and Heat, and had a chance to win the finals (but just couldn't quite handle the pressure).

Well, actually that team but with Brogdon and Gallinari added and another year to build on the schemes from the new coach.  And with our young star players all a year closer to their peak.  And with finals experience now in their back pocket.

I get the interest in Durant.  He is a generational player.  He is on the decline though and has a history (especially recently) of being uncertain or unreliable in terms of his mindset to play the game at the championship level.  If it seemed like this current Celtics group wasn't going anywhere or had capped out at first round playoff exits, I would be far more inclined to say shake it up, take the chance.  But that is not the case.  This is a good team with young stars that are still getting better and we just had a great off season with Brogdon and Gallinari.  Doesn't seem to me that there is a need to shake up this team.

Re: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)
« Reply #496 on: July 27, 2022, 01:57:14 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Your narrative that it was Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart driving the team to revert to isolation basketball in the Finals is unfounded and ridiculous. Where's your proof? To my eyes it was Tatum trying to shut up the talking heads saying he was choking that kept going iso.
And you complain about isos but want to trade for Mr. Iso Kevin Durant???
Haven't you heard the controversy going on about how Durant didn't like Kerr's pass heavy offense because he wanted to iso more? I loved watching the Warriors before Durant came. It was beautiful basketball (not counting Draymond maybe). Then with Durant they were boring with all his iso plays.
You really want to pair iso-loving Tatum with iso-loving Durant, and trade 2 of our most important players because you think they reverted to iso play???????

Mark Your Calendars: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
« Reply #497 on: July 30, 2022, 03:29:32 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
We are all sitting around wondering why the deal of the decade has not happened despite it being obvious that nobody better than JB is going to be offered for KD (at least for a location that KD would be interested in joining), and perhaps the reason why it has not happened is because Brogdon can only be traded after August 30:

BOS In: KD
BOS Out: JB, Brogdon, as many picks/swaps as we can offer

The whole time the most obvious deal—the happy medium between the Nets’ preferred JB/Smart that we all know is too much to give up, and the Nets’ rejected JB/White—has been right in front of our faces. I’m not sure any of us saw it until now. And it’s doing JB a solid by getting him paired with his buddies Kyrie and Brogdon, so nobody need fill bad about moving the guy for our final piece. Finally, it lowers our salaries by $7.2 million, meaning even more in savings in taxes (and the luxury taxes will be wiped out by KD merchandise alone, meaning this is not just smart basketball but smart business, too—and really smart for KD since he’d become the biggest name in New England sports since TB12, so his personal business interests will soar by being the next Celtic legend).

If the above happens, it may be safe to say here are your 2022-2023 NBA Champions (literally just took the team that made it to game 6 of the NBA Finals and swapped JB/Theis for KD/Gallinari, which is clearly a huge upgrade that gets us past Golden State finally):

Smart
JT
KD
Horford
Timelord

Bench: White, Batman, Gallinari, Pritchard, Hopefully a Buyout Vet Chasing a Ring, Hauser, Kornet, Begarin, Davison

Is it possible there’s already a deal but it cannot be finalized until August 31? Or is it time to move on from this?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 03:48:29 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: Mark Your Calendars: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
« Reply #498 on: July 30, 2022, 03:49:02 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If this trade happens on August 31, I will eat a bug.

« Reply #499 on: July 30, 2022, 04:24:55 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Brogdon can’t be traded until a week or so into September, so bugs are safe around you.

« Reply #500 on: July 30, 2022, 04:33:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That would be a disaster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #501 on: July 30, 2022, 04:45:49 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Brogdon can’t be traded until a week or so into September, so bugs are safe around you.

Let's not sully this with facts Cs2k21
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #502 on: July 30, 2022, 06:39:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Feel like there's a specific thread designated for posts like these...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #503 on: July 30, 2022, 06:59:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Is this your way of getting your trade ideas out of the threads they belong in so you can flood/troll the entire site with them? Just add a date and make it seem important?

« Reply #504 on: July 30, 2022, 07:59:37 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well, if there isn't a trade on the day, the least we can do is wish me a happy birthday =P

« Reply #505 on: July 30, 2022, 09:02:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Feel like there's a specific thread designated for posts like these...

Did we never teach you about the merge function?  You can do more than use green text, give ridiculous amounts of TPs, and post in the super-secret hidden forums, you know. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #506 on: July 30, 2022, 09:07:15 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Lol. TP.

« Reply #507 on: July 31, 2022, 12:24:51 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
My understanding is the Brogdon trade is back-dated to July 2 at 12 AM, so the 60 day mark would be August 31 at 12 AM, right? TradeNBA.com says he can be traded after August 30, too, so that aligns with my understanding.

In any case, in less than a month and a half we will be able to deal Brogdon and pieces if that is desired. This is not another one of my trade ideas so much as my prediction hence it being separated from the trade idea threads. We’ve all seemingly lost track of the fact that Brogdon is a better trading piece than White and that becomes an option at some point between August 31 and mid September. I think it’s worth discussing whether JB/Brogdon/draft assets is worth moving for KD, especially considering the consensus on our side that JB/Smart/assets is probably too much and clearly the Nets have turned down JB/White/assets.

And it’s been slow the last few days…

« Reply #508 on: July 31, 2022, 12:28:18 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Well, if there isn't a trade on the day, the least we can do is wish me a happy birthday =P

Well, there ya go. Let’s mark the calendar since it is an important day, y’all

« Reply #509 on: July 31, 2022, 12:31:20 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Is this your way of getting your trade ideas out of the threads they belong in so you can flood/troll the entire site with them? Just add a date and make it seem important?

[Edit]

This is a place for fans as in fanatics, right? I can’t help it I’m dying over here trying to find something to look forward to in August…I’m not alone either…45,000 views and counting in the trade ideas thread, so the entertainment is there for folks. Some folks just like cheap entertainment, ya know? 🍿 🤣 I know you’re fanatical about us keeping JB, but I’m fanatical about winning banner 18 rather than losing the title on home court with JB trying to be our best player (it never works when the dude tries to put himself above JT, and most everybody knows it…if he’s not happy being a number two, send him where he can be a number one…there are only a handful of people that would make JT the number two guy and KD is one of the handful…win-win for all of us, ya know?)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:10:44 AM by GreenlyGreeny »