Author Topic: Warriors "paying close attention to Celtics"  (Read 2851 times)

Re: Warriors "paying close attention to Celtics"
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 10:32:20 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Until we improve our offense some more I think a lot of people threads are hyperbole.   We show signs of getting there, though.

I agree. C’s can have an elite defense but unless the offense gets rolling it won’t matter. This team falls in love with questionable shot selection. You gotta have both to beat GS. They have too many defense busters on that team.

To be fair, I think the C’s have had pretty good shot selection for the most part. Just not knocking them down. Agreed though that GSW has too many defense busters. If their guys get hot, there’s almost no defending it. Gotta keep up with offense when they go on their runs.

- LilRip

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 10:55:10 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I don't think they've played a team like BOS in a 7 game series.

BOS will make things VERY hard for them defensively....junk up the series somewhat.

Brad will cut Marcus Smart loose and let him gum up things.

Besides maybe Draymond, they don't even know what a floor burn is....getting dirty..

That "Free flowing beautiful offense" that has the NBA media drooling will come to a grinding halt versus BOS.

Don't get me wrong - GSW is one of the best teams of all time - even BETTER if Cousins comes back healthy.

But BOS is famous throughout Sports History for cutting giants down to size.

We've done it before and will do it again.

Interesting about Cousins...

In game two of series Smart will get Cousins T'd up twice, then ejected. My reason for this? Smart has done it before. Then Kerr has to figure out what to do with his new "statistical leader". Congrats, you now have the guy whose been ejected out of more games than any other active player....go get'em coach.

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Until we improve our offense some more I think a lot of people threads are hyperbole.   We show signs of getting there, though.

I agree. C’s can have an elite defense but unless the offense gets rolling it won’t matter. This team falls in love with questionable shot selection. You gotta have both to beat GS. They have too many defense busters on that team.

To be fair, I think the C’s have had pretty good shot selection for the most part. Just not knocking them down. Agreed though that GSW has too many defense busters. If their guys get hot, there’s almost no defending it. Gotta keep up with offense when they go on their runs.

My biggest problem are the players taking the “open shot”.  CBS trying to keep everyone happy kills the flow of the offense right now. There is no hierarchy and I don’t know how long that will be sustainable.

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
We'll be competitive with a sum greater than its parts again, and Ttum could also make a major leap at any time.  They have the 3 best players in the series, though, and 4 with a healthy Boogie.  GS has been slept on by other fanbases for years due to (what should be an expected) drop off with reduced motivation/boredom.  They really are that good, and we've largely tried to replicate their blueprint with the only notable difference of Al as a facilitator at the 5.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC