Author Topic: Warriors "paying close attention to Celtics"  (Read 2861 times)

Warriors "paying close attention to Celtics"
« on: October 31, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://nesn.com/2018/10/warriors-paying-close-attention-to-celtics-think-very-highly-of-kyrie-irving/

The Athletic’s Sam Amick recently talked to several Golden State Warriors players about potential playoff opponents, and it’s obvious the two-time defending champions understand the Celtics would present a difficult challenge in a seven-game series.

“1. They are clearly paying close attention to Boston – never mind that they don’t play the Celtics until Jan. 26 — and hold Kyrie Irving in extremely high regard,” Amick wrote. “Anyone who remembers his stepback three over Curry from the right wing in Game 7 of the 2016 Finals understands why. Boston big man Al Horford gets all kinds of respect from his Warriors peers as well.”

Re: Warriors "paying close attention to Celtics"
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 03:59:44 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
They should be.

The Warriors have a lot more talent than Boston but I really like the way Boston matches up with Golden State and the Celtics will be hungry if they get to the Finals. If they really round into form over the course of the season and meet their potential by playoff time, I like their chances.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 04:01:50 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
As I have said in the past, as talented as a team can be, in the end there is only one ball. If we can play a high defense that can disrupt their flow of the game, they can be left looking for the 'hot' player and not get into a good rhythm. It's still unlikely but it can be done.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 04:09:30 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
They should be.

The Warriors have a lot more talent than Boston but I really like the way Boston matches up with Golden State and the Celtics will be hungry if they get to the Finals. If they really round into form over the course of the season and meet their potential by playoff time, I like their chances.
I don't think they have a lot more talent at all.  I see the C's roster as deeper with talent and top talent to boot.  I think the C's will match up with them well.  What the C's don't have that GSW does is experience playing together through a season and playoffs.

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 04:30:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Good for them

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 04:36:02 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
They need to pay close attention to the Raptors.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 04:41:12 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
They should be.

I don't think they have a lot more talent at all.  I see the C's roster as deeper with talent and top talent to boot.  I think the C's will match up with them well.  What the C's don't have that GSW does is experience playing together through a season and playoffs.

While I agree about having more talent, they clearly have the top talent. They have the best and second-best players out of both teams.

Hopefully Cousins disrupts their continuity.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 04:44:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
They should be.

While I agree about having more talent, they clearly have the top talent. They have the best and second-best players out of both teams.

definitely.  Durant and Curry are still the 2 best and Klay is making a case for third but after that, by the end of the season I suspect the C's starting 5 would be the next 5 in order and possibly having Morris next if he keeps up this level of play. 

Toronto and Milwaukee are looking like legit threats in the East but I still think the C's take them out come playoff time.  Milwaukee will be tougher than Toronto I suspect.

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I don't think they've played a team like BOS in a 7 game series.

BOS will make things VERY hard for them defensively....junk up the series somewhat.

Brad will cut Marcus Smart loose and let him gum up things.

Besides maybe Draymond, they don't even know what a floor burn is....getting dirty..

That "Free flowing beautiful offense" that has the NBA media drooling will come to a grinding halt versus BOS.

Don't get me wrong - GSW is one of the best teams of all time - even BETTER if Cousins comes back healthy.

But BOS is famous throughout Sports History for cutting giants down to size.

We've done it before and will do it again.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 04:56:16 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
They should be.

definitely.  Durant and Curry are still the 2 best and Klay is making a case for third but after that, by the end of the season I suspect the C's starting 5 would be the next 5 in order and possibly having Morris next if he keeps up this level of play. 

Toronto and Milwaukee are looking like legit threats in the East but I still think the C's take them out come playoff time.  Milwaukee will be tougher than Toronto I suspect.

I’m not sure if I can put Brown or Morris ahead of Green or Cousins just yet, but I hope you’re right. Livingston looks washed and Iguodala doesn’t move the needle for me, so I’d take our bench in a heartbeat.

I just like for every player they have, we have an answer.

I still don’t worry about Milwaukee. Parker actually hurt us a couple games and he’s gone. We have so many different bodies to throw at Giannis and nobody else is really scary (although Middleton is a good player). Toronto on the other hand, they have Kawhi and a bunch of players who know/embrace their roles. If it was up to me I’d like to see us atop the conference and have TOR and MIL battle it out in the ECSF.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 05:18:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Until we improve our offense some more I think a lot of people threads are hyperbole.   We show signs of getting there, though.

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 06:20:09 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I would think they'd be worried about our defense in a 7 game series.

Our offense is a ways off. We would need a fully healthy Kyrie and Gordan Hayward and a Tatum that has taken another full step in his development to cause them any concern.

Let's keep our sights on the Raptors for now.   

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Toronto and Milwaukee are good.  The Celtics, on paper, should be as good or better.
There is still work to do in our offense and rotations.

It is hard for players to get in a flow with so many substitutions.  CBS job is the hardest in the entire NBA.  The Warriors bench know their place.  Our bench is fighting for their next contract....and so not everyone is holding hands and singing Kumbayah...if you know what I mean.  There is no way Terry is happy, but being a professional by keeping it quiet. 

....and even so we are finding ways to win ugly.

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
Until we improve our offense some more I think a lot of people threads are hyperbole.   We show signs of getting there, though.

I agree. C’s can have an elite defense but unless the offense gets rolling it won’t matter. This team falls in love with questionable shot selection. You gotta have both to beat GS. They have too many defense busters on that team.

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 07:37:34 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I still remember how great it felt to snap Golden State's 54-game home winning streak back in 2016.