Author Topic: Is Theis Injured? (Update: Yes. He Is.)  (Read 4753 times)

Re: Is Theis Injured? (Update: Yes. He Is.)
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Theis destroys Pistons and then heel.

I know we all prefer Williams to get some minutes, but, won't Stevens just give minutes to Yabusele?

Three guard line ups here we come.

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
The heel is where the Plantar Fascia is.  I injured mine years ago playing basketball and it still flairs up all the time (I have been told it doesn't heal).  Hopefully nothing serious.  If just run of the mill inflammation, it can be managed.  If something completely different, who knows.

huh? i have plantar fascitis and IT DOES HEAL

with time and anti inflammatories.

i have also had to wear a boot for heel inflammation much like theis.

he should be back within two weeks. he needs to ice and take precautionary measures moving forward once back on court.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 11:27:35 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
I have just recovered from a players tear. It took most of 3 months.

I don’t know the extent of Theis’ tear and of course he’ll get state of the art therapy but expect this to take a while.

It’s a very painful injury . Expect him to be booted for a couple weeks minimum. A serious tear could easily be 3 months or longer. I’d expect a shorter time  with state of the art but we all heal differently.

Peyton Manning and Drew Brees tore planters and returned fairly quickly .

Williams should get some time now.

crap well this changes everything if it is a tear. jesus. SMH. come on THEIS THEIS BABY we need u in playoffs this year man and regular season.  where did this happen at oractice? i saw no issues last game he played. we need a full team for playoffs this year DANG IT!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
A lot of odd timelines being predicted on this thread when you consider the following:

Daniel Theis on foot injury: "I’m going to be in the boot for two weeks, just to keep the foot in the right position to heal. After the two weeks, it will be day-by-day. Two weeks in a boot and afterwards I’m gonna start running and all the stuff."

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
A lot of odd timelines being predicted on this thread when you consider the following:

Daniel Theis on foot injury: "I’m going to be in the boot for two weeks, just to keep the foot in the right position to heal. After the two weeks, it will be day-by-day. Two weeks in a boot and afterwards I’m gonna start running and all the stuff."

Stevens also said it would be a few weeks or so.

"All I know is that it didn't rupture," Brad Stevens said. "It's a tear in the muscle and supposedly it takes a few weeks before he can kind of retest it and make sure that it's in good shape and then move on from there."

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/10/daniel_theis_injury_boston_cel_2.html#incart_river_index

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 01:37:59 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
And so it begins.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 06:43:07 PM »

Offline hectorwilhem

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Either injured or not, we really shouldn't be discussing these bum players. What matters is a healthy roster come playoff time. We know Kyrie won't be playing, he's probably the most flimsy player in the league. We need to trade Rozier (overrated bum), and get a back up guard that can hit 3's and play defense. 

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 06:46:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Either injured or not, we really shouldn't be discussing these bum players. What matters is a healthy roster come playoff time. We know Kyrie won't be playing, he's probably the most flimsy player in the league. We need to trade Rozier (overrated bum), and get a back up guard that can hit 3's and play defense.

I hope you can someday find something better to do with your time than troll an Internet forum.

Best of luck in that endeavor.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 06:58:39 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 10:33:36 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

::) ::) ::)

LET'S GO CELTICS!