Author Topic: Joel Embiid's stock?  (Read 6319 times)

Joel Embiid's stock?
« on: March 16, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
If Joel Embiid misses the whole tournament which is starting to look likely what does that do to his draft stock? Is there anyway he falls out of top 4 or 5? What do you guys think?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

Re: Joel Embiid's stock?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I read some draft analyst saying that nobody how bad (a draft fall) it is going to be until the NBA doctors check out Embiid before the draft. Until then, none of them know how bad the problem is and consequently do not know how much he'll slip. It could be a small slip or a major fall on the draft board like Sully had. But until the NBA docs get to check him out thoroughly, nobody knows.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
If there was a chance to get wiggins and Embiid. My Celtic life would be made

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
Rondo Wiggins Green Sullinger Embiid would be lethal in a few years so even if Embiid were to fall to the 6-7 range I'd be willing to move some of those future firsts to get him, even if it's something like the Sullinger injury where we could possibly lose him for his rookie season I would do it in a heartbeat. Come 2015 and a big fa sf hits the market Lebron,melo. The idea of joining the boston celtics franchise with rondo wiggins Sullinger and Embiid there would be offly enticing with Olynk maybe Humphries some other vets off the bench, and the up and coming Stevens. Sorry guys just daydreaming again.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont think he makes it passed pick one regardless of his health concerns.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Its way to early, and until teams see doctor reports pre-draft, we have no idea. Teams will take big risks (Philly w/ Noel, though that was also part of a tank strategy that has come to full pathetic fruition over the season, comes to mind) with injured players, but it depends on what the injury is. Re: backs, look at Sully. The risk is more with Embiid b/c he's bigger and would also be a much higher pick, presumably, but it all depends on what condition his back is in. If its dicey, I'd be pretty cautious, even if he drops lower than expected.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Its way to early, and until teams see doctor reports pre-draft, we have no idea. Teams will take big risks (Philly w/ Noel, though that was also part of a tank strategy that has come to full pathetic fruition over the season, comes to mind) with injured players, but it depends on what the injury is. Re: backs, look at Sully. The risk is more with Embiid b/c he's bigger and would also be a much higher pick, presumably, but it all depends on what condition his back is in. If its dicey, I'd be pretty cautious, even if he drops lower than expected.

Speaking of Noel, if we do miss out on Embid (and WCS in the teens), what do you think it would take to snag him away from Philly? He was the supposed first pick of last year's draft and we were all pining for him then.

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 08:14:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If Joel Embiid misses the whole tournament which is starting to look likely what does that do to his draft stock? Is there anyway he falls out of top 4 or 5? What do you guys think?

Hey look, you are Keith Bogans!!! LOL

Embid Hmmmmm? The back injury may have made him fall in previous years, but with  how Sully has rebounded when a back injury made his draft stock fall I don't think many teams will whiff on him.

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 08:19:30 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday

Hey look, you are Keith Bogans!!! LOL

Embid Hmmmmm? The back injury may have made him fall in previous years, but with  how Sully has rebounded when a back injury made his draft stock fall I don't think many teams will whiff on him.

Hopefully for not to much longer lol. And I don't know I'm just dreaming again

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:34:49 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Rondo Wiggins Green Sullinger Embiid would be lethal in a few years so even if Embiid were to fall to the 6-7 range I'd be willing to move some of those future firsts to get him, even if it's something like the Sullinger injury where we could possibly lose him for his rookie season I would do it in a heartbeat. Come 2015 and a big fa sf hits the market Lebron,melo. The idea of joining the boston celtics franchise with rondo wiggins Sullinger and Embiid there would be offly enticing with Olynk maybe Humphries some other vets off the bench, and the up and coming Stevens. Sorry guys just daydreaming again.

I agree--'cept I'd have KO starting and Sully off the bench by then.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 12:35:32 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Embiid is a top 4 lock.  IMO he doesn't get out of the top 3.  If we can get a top 4 pick, I'd be happy with any of Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Exum.

Embiid, if he can stay healthy could be the next Olujawan.
To me Vonleh looks like he could be the next Chris Bosh.

I wouldn't mind getting Vonleh if we end up with pick 5-8.  But Embiid is just that much BETTER imo.  More explosive, athletic, plays above the rim, and projects to be a true rim protector at the NBA level.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 07:57:59 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He is more likely than ever to go first or second.

7 footer with skill , ability and ceiling are RARE

Philly tossed Holiday away like yesterday's old news to get Nerlins

Celtics cannot even buy a decent center ...no one is trading their center ,  even the Lakers have to keep Gasol .

You tank to get players you otherwise would have little or no chance to get .....how else are the Celtics going to get  dominate center .....teams don't trade them ....they leave for LA  ???

I like Parker ,  but Embiid should go first ...bad back ,  and all .......they are the corner stones of most NBA teams

We will be lucky to get Randle .with the soft schedule the Celtics finish with.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 09:28:30 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

I don't know about the risk being greater than Sully because of size. Sully was listed as 28 pounds heavier than Embiid--and that was probably a low number.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I dont think he makes it passed pick one regardless of his health concerns.

Agreed. It's not like there is another Durant or Lebron to take in his stead.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 11:20:26 AM »

Offline Gari

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
I still wonder who Ainge will pick if both wiggins and embiid are on the board available for our pick, assuming it's top 3. Embiid can perfectly fill our void at the Center position but Wiggin's future at the 2 spot looks pretty intriguing too....