Author Topic: What would be the max amount you would give up for the Zinger?  (Read 3470 times)

Re: What would be the max amount you would give up for the Zinger?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 09:38:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Not interested, I don’t think he’s a number one option on a championship caliber team, and the assets that NYK would want still potentially could be that (Doncic, Bagley, Ayton or Porter come to mind).

Also the injury likelihood is somewhat high, considering his height and build.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 11:10:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
2 Big Mac Meals

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 11:22:13 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
The past history of players THAT tall in regards to injuries gives me pause. Kristaps honestly has had mostly minor injuries to this point, and hopefully he avoids anything major. I'm just not sure we should move major assets for a potential ticking time bomb.
#JKJB

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 11:33:07 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
2 Big Mac Meals
2 KFC Zinger chicken sandwiches would be more appropriate.

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The past history of players THAT tall in regards to injuries gives me pause. Kristaps honestly has had mostly minor injuries to this point, and hopefully he avoids anything major. I'm just not sure we should move major assets for a potential ticking time bomb.

Maybe the next-coming Andrew Bynum. Man I remember when he was healthy he straight dominated the Celtics, but that was when they were running through the triangle offense along with Odom and Gasol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 01:52:30 AM »

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
If Brown and Lakers pick was the asking price, I’m pulling the trigger. I’m a fan of Jaylen’s but Kyrie-Hayward-Tatum-Horford-Porzingis is too beast of a starting 5.

I don’t know how this will work, salary-wise, but KP is legit.

Go ask any Knicks fan if they'd even seriously consider this deal for a second and watch their reaction.  Porzingis would be as difficult to land as anyone on that AD tier right now. Too much potential, too special. Brown + the LAL pick would be a good start but you'd easily have to kiss AT LEAST the Memphis pick and probably one other youngster if not multiple to even have the knicks take the offer seriously. He's a god in NY and their FO (at least, now, post PJ) knows it

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 03:31:12 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I live in NY and have a lot of Knicks fan friends. I have been saying that all along. He’s too tall. The few guys that were ever that tall did. It have a very long career. His game is predicated on agility and I think his athletic prime will be much shorter than normal NBA player’s. His knees, feet, hips, back are all substantially higher risk just from his immense height. The more weight he puts on, the more stress on the body.

I think he’s extremely talented, but overrated. He does some jaw dropping things on the court but is also very inconsistent. I know he’s young but I wouldn’t give up the farm for him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 03:55:41 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
You mean Zipster, this is a typo, right?  :laugh:
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 06:12:42 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Unless they get Phil back there is no way they are trading Zinger for Brown & Lakers pick.

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 10:15:18 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I live in NY and have a lot of Knicks fan friends. I have been saying that all along. He’s too tall. The few guys that were ever that tall did. It have a very long career. His game is predicated on agility and I think his athletic prime will be much shorter than normal NBA player’s. His knees, feet, hips, back are all substantially higher risk just from his immense height. The more weight he puts on, the more stress on the body.

I think he’s extremely talented, but overrated. He does some jaw dropping things on the court but is also very inconsistent. I know he’s young but I wouldn’t give up the farm for him.
Rik Smits had a pretty long career.  So did Big Z after the initial injuries.  Eaton played nearly 900 games. 

Kareem and Shaq were both basically 7'2" so an inch shorter than the Zinger. 

I'd be far more concerned if Porzingis was built like Shawn Bradley or Manute Bol, but he is built pretty well and fits his frame well.  I'm sure he won't be fully healthy for full seasons, but I'd absolutely expect Porzingis to play in the 70 game range for at least 10 years.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip