Author Topic: 2012/2013 NBA Season  (Read 219373 times)

Re: 2012/2013 NBA Season
« Reply #1695 on: April 11, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How can you not love Nate Robinson?

I'm afraid of midgets and clowns.

This [dang] near made me fall out of my chair.

TP!

« Reply #1696 on: April 11, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
I've read today that Magic said last night that he believes if the Spurs and Lakers meet in the first round that the Lakers will take it.  Was he serious when he said that or was he kidding around?

He's serious, and I'm thinking that if Lakers can beat ANYONE in a series out west the Spurs would be prime candidates for an upset.

Lakers drawing San Antonio 1st round is a LOT better than them drawing OKC.

I agree with Magic. The Lakers can pull out an upset against the Spurs in the first-round. That is why I hope the Lakers miss the playoffs, or seal up that 8th spot and hope OKC gets the 1st seed.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1697 on: April 12, 2013, 12:02:10 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
But if the Lakers upset the Spurs, maybe that will guarantee that Mike D'Antoni will last the entirety of his three-year contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #1698 on: April 12, 2013, 04:03:33 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Chicago Bulls? More like Chicago Streak-Busters
Chicago was amazing, they grind you up and never back down seeing their defense is reminiscent of how stifling ours used to be. I hope Doc and our guys were watching paying attention on how to beat that Knicks team the Bulls know it better than anybody.

You know Doc will be all ears on the phone with Thib's if we face them. ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1699 on: April 12, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I've read today that Magic said last night that he believes if the Spurs and Lakers meet in the first round that the Lakers will take it.  Was he serious when he said that or was he kidding around?

He's serious, and I'm thinking that if Lakers can beat ANYONE in a series out west the Spurs would be prime candidates for an upset.

I agree with Magic. The Lakers can pull out an upset against the Spurs in the first-round. That is why I hope the Lakers miss the playoffs, or seal up that 8th spot and hope OKC gets the 1st seed.

I just don't see it.  The lakers defense is so awful.  I think Popovich will have a game plan that just tears their defense to pieces.

« Reply #1700 on: April 12, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
D'Antoni took the "D" out of defense and put it in front of his name.

I lol'd.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1701 on: April 12, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

I just don't see it.  The lakers defense is so awful.  I think Popovich will have a game plan that just tears their defense to pieces.

The Spurs are hobbling towards the playoffs with Manu and Parker coming back and they just waived Stephen Jackson. When Kobe puts up 30+ and at least 6+ asts per game then that's gonna be a problem for the Spurs. Plus they got Dwight and Gasol up front to work against Duncan and Splitter.

I just don't see San Antonio getting past the Lakers that easily. It's gonna be a dog fight but my prediction goes...Lakers in 7. They are going to be a tough number 8 seed. Would be great if the Spurs beat them though.

« Reply #1702 on: April 12, 2013, 08:54:52 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

The Spurs are hobbling towards the playoffs with Manu and Parker coming back and they just waived Stephen Jackson. When Kobe puts up 30+ and at least 6+ asts per game then that's gonna be a problem for the Spurs. Plus they got Dwight and Gasol up front to work against Duncan and Splitter.

I just don't see San Antonio getting past the Lakers that easily. It's gonna be a dog fight but my prediction goes...Lakers in 7. They are going to be a tough number 8 seed. Would be great if the Spurs beat them though.

Looks like Spurs in 4 or 5, at the most.

There's a reason the Spurs are the first-second seed and the Lakers are the eigth-ninth seed. Spurs will be underrated as long as they have Duncan (top-10 player) and Pop (top-2 coach). Year after year they get 60 wins and people think they can get beaten by measly Los Angeles. Ridiculous if you ask me
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #1703 on: April 12, 2013, 10:38:58 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Memphis and LAC pull out two- and three-point wins respectively.. Denver dueling in a tie-game with 5 minutes to go, against Dallas.

Very close games for these seeding duels... fun to watch.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1704 on: April 12, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Stephen Curry entered 22 points in the 1st quarter against Lakers.

That guy is a beast. Stealing the Kobe show at Staples!!

« Reply #1705 on: April 12, 2013, 11:14:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Stephen Curry entered 22 points in the 1st quarter against Lakers.

That guy is a beast. Stealing the Kobe show at Staples!!

Yes!!

Utah up three with fourteen secs!

Love this
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1706 on: April 12, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. Big Al forty points  :o

This guy is a monster. Forty!! Love Big Al.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1707 on: April 12, 2013, 11:34:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Refs.... Always the Lackers....
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1708 on: April 12, 2013, 11:42:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
57 allllll, go Curry go GSW!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #1709 on: April 13, 2013, 12:20:44 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Keep pushing Warriors!