Author Topic: Celtics (3-1) at Hawks (1-3) Game 5 5/8  (Read 125296 times)

Re: Celtics (3-1) at Hawks (1-3) Game 5 5/8
« Reply #780 on: May 09, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
anyone else still aggravated by the dumb TO by Rondo passing to Steimsma when he was at the rim for an uncontested layup?  I'm still aggravated.   >:(
yup, still aggravated!!!   >:(

« Reply #781 on: May 09, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If you're gonna blame Rondo then blame him for his play in the first half. However that last play  just ended unfortunately because that steal was great.

If you watch the beginning of the game, on like our second possession, Rondo went for a layup and was going backwards out of bounds when he tripped on a photagrapher or someone. He never made it back up court and spent parts of the next few possessions on the perimeter hunched over with his hands on his knees. I think that affected his play for a while and might have had something to do with his slow start in the second half as well, with him playing better after being in the game for a while and loosening up.

« Reply #782 on: May 09, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
I was at the game, and it was an exciting, but ultimately frustrating game.

That said, people who are panicking need to remember that this was a night where Marvin Williams shot 50% from 3 and Ray Allen shot 50% from the free throw line and we still only lost by 1 (and would have won if only we had a time out).

And if we are hobbled, so are Horford and Smith, who both played over 40 minutes last night.

It was an unfortunate, but predictable outcome. They played like their season was on the line and we played like we had another home game to close it out. We are still overwhelming favorites, injuries and all.

« Reply #783 on: May 09, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
We need better point guard. Pathetic.

The only way to get a better point guard is to build one in a mad scientist lab.  There aren't any humans available who fit that bill. 

The only one who is even in contention isn't leaving Los Angeles, and personally I'd rather have the one we've got anyway.

Great game, though.  I expect another dogfight on Thursday.  We should be able to pull it out and get by these pesky Hawks. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #784 on: May 09, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
i'm just gonna go out and say it

PIERCE LOST THIS GAME FOR THE TIME NOT RONDO!!!

1.pierce played horrible defense on marvin williams,with all those 3 he hit to bring the hawks back in the game.
2.when doc sat pierce and brought pietrus in the team went on a run,brought pierce back in the defense went back to suckish
3.yes he hit a nice 3 but the shot after the 3 was uncalled for,could've made a way better play.

but honestly the team should of fouled when doc told them to.

« Reply #785 on: May 09, 2012, 02:26:58 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Question: was KG's foot on the line on that last second 1st quarter shot?

I heard they took a point back on tnt but they never showed a replay. Did anyone see the replay ? Was it close

« Reply #786 on: May 10, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »

Offline RajonRondOWNED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
WRONG THREAD