Author Topic: My Rozier trade  (Read 2172 times)

Re: My Rozier trade
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
would people trade him for fultz?

thats an super interesting idea ...... I would be tempted

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 04:13:13 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
would people trade him for fultz?

thats an super interesting idea ...... I would be tempted

It's super interesting indeed. What if Fultz turns it around and the Kings' pick ends up being Zion Williamson and the 76'ers have traded Fultz, Tatum and Willamson for Terry Rozier.

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
At first I thought, "There's no way they trade Fultz for Rozier," but then I got thinking.

What do they need? A starting two-way guard that can knock down shots and play off of Simmons.

Also, getting Rozier allows them financial flexibility this off-season. If they still wanted to big fish hunt, they could renounce his rights and open cap space. Besides, his caphold would be less than Fultz's regular salary.

That said, it's a better 2K idea than real one. I'm not convinced, even under CBS, that Fultz's basketball IQ and confidence are high enough to star in the NBA.

Fultz needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He cannot defend. He cannot shoot. He cannot rebound. If you think it's awkward on the Sixers, imagine what'd be like with all the talented scorers the Celtics have.

Still, at worst I imagine Fultz as a better Evan Turner or Tyreke Evans. It was CBS that made Turner into a viable NBA player when he was on his way out of the league.