Author Topic: Chris Mannix on Cowherd: Fultz is by far the best player in the draft  (Read 11348 times)

Re: Chris Mannix on Cowherd: Fultz is by far the best player in the draft
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

You make it sound like this is a difficult thing. Or doesn't happen regularly.

Sorry, next time I'll add "as usual" after "dumb."

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
TP Foot.

I agree with Mannix that Fultz, Jaylen, and the 2018 BKN pick are the core and start of our future SUPERTEAM.
However, my views on the future SUPERTEAM are more extreme than Mannix because I'd be more than willing to trade our current starters and Smart on behalf of the future superteam. We have lost players in FA that we could have traded earlier for value and even knowing that they were not part of our future plans....I am worried about that.
Also, we have 3 of our top players (Smart, IT, and AB) that play the same positions as Fultz and Brown, although Brown can play SF too, and will require HUGE increases in payment next summer. Teams would offer more in value this summer for IT/AB/Smart as opposed to the trade-deadline. The wait and see approach is a good one but it has a very high chance of costing this team. The counter to this would be if Fultz is not as good as advertised.....in which case I will try to have faith that DA will know and that would change what we should do with the pick.

Thanks, FCO, TP back for your analysis. I agree with you in theory, about trading for more future picks with the guys like Bradley, Smart, etc. except for two problems: (i) their trade value is pretty low relative to their value to our team, especially as they are near the ends of their deals, and, perhaps more importantly, because I don't see many teams trying to "win now" by giving up picks given the lock  the GSW seem to have on the near future of NBA championships. Most other GM's, with the possible exceptions of San Antonio or the Clippers, or Cavs, probably have forfeited making the effort to trade for guys like Smart, or Bradley. (ii) our current vets have done a great job of developing a winning culture for the young guys like Brown. I worry that if we gut out the vets, we risk a return to the pre-Garnett Celtics where they didn't understand how to play tough D, share the rock, etc.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 06:31:05 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

Hahahaha

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Mannix really shoots down Cowherd on Ball and/or trading the pick, stating that Fultz is by far the best player in the draft, that he will be paying off immediately for the Celtics, that Ainge feels he will be a top 5 PG very quickly in the league. That Ainge is building his roster around Fultz, Brown (whom Mannix predicts will be an All Star) and the 2018 No. 1 pick.  Really pumps me up listening to him!!  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

Link below:

http://www.celticslife.com/2017/06/chris-mannix-markelle-fultz-can-step.html

Even with whatever is wrong with his knee?  Do we even know if he'll play in the summer league?  I do hope that Ainge is right, though :).

As far as Mannix, wasn't he also the guy who, like other sites, etc, had Thon Maker going in the second round last year, lol ;D

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 11:04:32 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Mannix really shoots down Cowherd on Ball and/or trading the pick, stating that Fultz is by far the best player in the draft, that he will be paying off immediately for the Celtics, that Ainge feels he will be a top 5 PG very quickly in the league. That Ainge is building his roster around Fultz, Brown (whom Mannix predicts will be an All Star) and the 2018 No. 1 pick.  Really pumps me up listening to him!!  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

Link below:

Even with whatever is wrong with his knee?  Do we even know if he'll play in the summer league?  I do hope that Ainge is right, though :).

As far as Mannix, wasn't he also the guy who, like other sites, etc, had Thon Maker going in the second round last year, lol ;D?

Kid his age, who looks like may have grown an inch over the last year could still be growing. He has a 6'10" wing span and wears a size 15 shoe, just turned 19. Kid could still grow an inch, or two. This is were knee problems can be an issue. There's been nothing about issues out side him sitting a few games at the end of a dead end season. If there was structural issues they should have picked up in it during the physical. 

Since there was no injury, no one has said he could have structural issues, and nothing was said after the C's work out. I'd chalk it up to poor stretching(good case) or still growing(best case). Worst case his knee is garbage and the C's med staff is the same. 

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2017, 11:23:19 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
his knee being an issue is only repeated multiple times here on CB.

If it was a problem you would have heard it a lot of times discussed by people far more competent than Beat LA.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2017, 12:04:09 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

If it was a problem you would have heard it a lot of times discussed by people far more competent than Beat LA.

Ahh yes, because if only one person raises a concern s/he is either stupid and/or the issue simply doesn't exist ::).  Your logic is simply breathtaking ::).  Please, tell me more! ::)

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 12:34:13 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Link below:

As far as Mannix, wasn't he also the guy who, like other sites, etc, had Thon Maker going in the second round last year, lol ;D?

Kid his age, who looks like may have grown an inch over the last year could still be growing. He has a 6'10" wing span and wears a size 15 shoe, just turned 19. Kid could still grow an inch, or two. This is were knee problems can be an issue. There's been nothing about issues out side him sitting a few games at the end of a dead end season. If there was structural issues they should have picked up in it during the physical. 

Since there was no injury, no one has said he could have structural issues, and nothing was said after the C's work out. I'd chalk it up to poor stretching(good case) or still growing(best case). Worst case his knee is garbage and the C's med staff is the same.

I understand that, but at the same time, given that Ainge is going to take him, why would they let such potential damaging information get out of the medical evaluation, especially, if they were looking to make the proposed deal with the Kings?

It would be one thing if we were picking, say, third, and leaking said information could possibly lead to his dropping to our hypothetical spot on draft night, but we're not in that situation, so where's the motivation to do so?

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 12:34:15 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Ahh yes, because if only one person raises a concern s/he is either stupid and/or the issue simply doesn't exist ::).  Your logic is simply breathtaking ::).  Please, tell me more! ::)

I haven't heard anything about his knee since the end of the college season when he gave it rest. I would suspect that Celtics staff were able to examine him or look at his medical records. There has been very few reports about this. Unlike Embiid before he was drafted.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 12:39:32 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I haven't heard anything about his knee since the end of the college season when he gave it rest. I would suspect that Celtics staff were able to examine him or look at his medical records. There has been very few reports about this. Unlike Embiid before he was drafted.

That doesn't mean that it's not still a significant concern, imo.  I think I saw something from Chad Ford around the time of the draft combine that said that NBA teams knew nothing about his knee, which I'm assuming was done on purpose by his agent as has happened countless times before with more significantly injured prospects.  Just throwing it out there.  Christ.

Re: Chris Mannix on Cowherd: Fultz is by far the best player in the draf
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 12:45:25 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

That doesn't mean that it's not still a significant concern, imo.  I think I saw something from Chad Ford around the time of the draft combine that said that NBA teams knew nothing about his knee, which I'm assuming was done on purpose by his agent as has happened countless times before with more significantly injured prospects.  Just throwing it out there.  Christ.

A year ago, you declared that Demetrius Jackson and Marquese Chriss were already better players than Isaiah Thomas and Jae Crowder.

What should anyone make of that?  I'm not trying to pick on you, but I don't understand how that can be justified with rational thought.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:04:14 AM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2017, 02:15:26 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I spend a lot of time thinking about which fit out of the top four from this class was best for the Celtics. The clear-cut answer was fultz cuz he's that much better than everybody else and he's the go-to score and he averages six assists a game and averaged six rebounds per game and he's the best in the pick-and-roll he's the guy.

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Do you think the Celtics would take him with the number 1 pick without looking at his medical records thoroughly, especially re his knee? C'mon.

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

Hahahaha

Mannix didn't make Cowherd look dumb. Cowherd made Cowherd look dumb.

As usual.

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
  Makes Cowherd look dumb.

Hahahaha

Mannix didn't make Cowherd look dumb. Cowherd made Cowherd look dumb.

As usual.

Yeah, Cowherd recently argued that the Celtics should trade the #1 pick because young players take time to develop and they need help right now. In the same rant he said that the Celtics were not going to beat Lebron any time soon no matter what they did because he's only getting better.

He used Jimmy Butler and Paul George's first four years stats to prove how even stars take time to become stars. Then said Jaylen Brown isn't going to be any good based on his rookie season.

These contradictions were all within the same rant.

Does anyone know if Mannix is going to ESPN with Woj?