Author Topic: **Official All Positive Things IT3 Thread**  (Read 2217 times)

Re: **Official All Positive Things IT3 Thread**
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 12:25:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
He's a PR disaster for LeBron's Cavs. Might be just enough to get him traded tomorrow to a better situation. That's all I have.  8)

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 12:38:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Love IT, he contributed greatly to a shocking playoff appearance in 2015 and arguably more overachievement in 2016. Last year was one of the most magical crazy seasons I've ever seen a player or team had.  He gave his all trying to get the team over the top.

Danny is looking very smart for cutting bait when and how he did, and I accept that. But I feel for IT - he deserves better than he's getting now. I hope he turns it around and finds a home next season.

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 12:48:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/isaiah-thomas-birthday-cavs-news-twitter-trade-rumors-lebron-james-kevin-love/m8a15lctf4fw1bt4btyjidvxc

Cleveland doing IT wrong by wishing him a happy birthday on IG and disabling comments.  ;D

Hopefully he gets traded out of that hellhole tomorrow. He genuinely looks miserable in all of his interviews.

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 01:39:13 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
A friend and long-term Knicks fan contacted me the other day with some negative thoughts regarding the below tweet.  For context, he has generally disliked IT and rooted for CLE (particularly Kyrie) in the Finals since LBJ went back to CLE.

My friend couldn't believe that after all IT had done for Boston, Ainge couldn't even wish him well after his trade to LA.  While I'm not surprised by the quote, it's again an example of really poor form from someone that is otherwise great at his job.  Bigger than IT, unfortunately, Ainge's behavior could eventually hurt his practice:

Quote from:  Anthony Davis
"You see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas... Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference finals, and they traded him... It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back?"

But, these are the challenges that make IT tick.  He has been second to none in his ability to channel disrespect into productivity, and I suspect this will also fuel his fire.  He looked overall very good in his first game with the LAL.  And now, on to the next one...

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 03:07:48 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
A friend and long-term Knicks fan contacted me the other day with some negative thoughts regarding the below tweet.  For context, he has generally disliked IT and rooted for CLE (particularly Kyrie) in the Finals since LBJ went back to CLE.

My friend couldn't believe that after all IT had done for Boston, Ainge couldn't even wish him well after his trade to LA.  While I'm not surprised by the quote, it's again an example of really poor form from someone that is otherwise great at his job.  Bigger than IT, unfortunately, Ainge's behavior could eventually hurt his practice:

Quote from:  Anthony Davis
"You see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas... Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference finals, and they traded him... It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back?"

But, these are the challenges that make IT tick.  He has been second to none in his ability to channel disrespect into productivity, and I suspect this will also fuel his fire.  He looked overall very good in his first game with the LAL.  And now, on to the next one...

I heard that quote the other day and still don’t know what to make of it. I don’t think it’s negative though. I think it’s more along the lines of Danny saying he may not have been happy in Cleveland and this may actually be best for him in securing a contract that will provide for generations to come. He clearly didn’t seem comfortable in CLE beyond the hip and maybe now he can go back to ballin’ when he’s 100%.

It didn’t seem like he was kicking him while he was down. Just how I interpret it. Ainge has no reason to be mad at IT. Yeah IT sad some things to the media about DA, but Ainge is smart enough to know how emotional a trade it was and IT was acting like a human being who was hurt. I can’t see Ainge taking any comments personal after what he did.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 03:12:23 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We wouldn't have the team we have today without his contributions.

Thanks IT and I wish you well in LA - even against BOSTON.

Signed - Diehard Celtics Fan.