Author Topic: What would you pick?  (Read 3941 times)

What would you pick?
« on: February 08, 2011, 11:57:57 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
I received a $100 NBA store online gift certificate for my 21st birthday yesterday. If you were me, what would you buy. Post the link of the item you would get in reply to this post. Thanks!

http://store.nba.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1421533&ab=HP_Logo_Boston
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

Re: What would you pick?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
it depends on what u like, need, and already have.  dont worry about what other people think and just get what u want

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Do they sell liquor at the NBA store?

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11857
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I'd wait until the new Marvel shirts come out and get the Hulk one.  Also I'd wait until June if there isn't an expiration date and get a couple of Banner 18 shirts.  Other than that, the Rondo Clinic shirt is pretty cool. 

the SkullCandy head set in accessories is very cool also if you are in the market for a head set. 

If you don't have the Celtics DVD collections I highly recommend them.
http://store.nba.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2905695&cp=1421533
I have the 1985-86 Sweet Sixteen, Dynasty Series History of the Celtics, 2008 Championship series, And Larry Bird 25th Anniversary sets and they are all awesome and well worth having. 

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
However many Celtics books I could get for the money...probably paperbacks so I could get more...especially books that Red wrote, and including Dan Shaugnessy's EverGreen which I thought was a very entertaining and informative history of the Celtics.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 04:04:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035
I'd wait until the new Marvel shirts come out and get the Hulk one.  Also I'd wait until June if there isn't an expiration date and get a couple of Banner 18 shirts.  Other than that, the Rondo Clinic shirt is pretty cool. 

the SkullCandy head set in accessories is very cool also if you are in the market for a head set. 

If you don't have the Celtics DVD collections I highly recommend them.
http://store.nba.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2905695&cp=1421533
I have the 1985-86 Sweet Sixteen, Dynasty Series History of the Celtics, 2008 Championship series, And Larry Bird 25th Anniversary sets and they are all awesome and well worth having. 

I had no idea about this. A quick google search later and it's an interesting idea. Can't wait to see it, may have to take a trip to the NBA Store when they launch later this month (big fan of the Hulk - what a perfect match).

I remember getting a couple of #17 shirts way before June back in 2008, but none were to be found online last season at all. Hopefully they make a return.

TP for the good advice.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Thanks for all the ideas, everyone! I received the Rondo Clinic shirt for Christmas and love it. I also have a Rondo jersey and am pretty sure I am going to get one more of the replica jerseys (around $45) of either Garnett, Pierce, or Allen. That is going to be one of my hardest decisions. I have quite a few Celtics books, and I really enjoy them.

I am also interested in possibly purchasing the team trading card set, because I am attending a  C's game on March 27 (in Minneapolis) and was hoping to try to get some autographs. A couple friends said if you arrive early enough you can line up to go back into each teams tunnel (I would literally be in heaven!)

Again, I appreciate everyones input. I live in Iowa and there is basically no true Celtics fans out here so I didn't really know what shirts/shorts/hats/etc. were popular and what people liked. I would be satisfied by nearly anything they have on the site!
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 11:42:48 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11072221&cp=2788197.2788197&lmdn=Apparel+Type

I love that snapbacks are making a come back... I never stopped wearing them. I've always preferred snapbacks over fitted hats.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11157472&cp=2788197.2788197&lmdn=Apparel+Type

Classic logo shirt to go with the classic hat.

I still have $45 left over... I'm way too good of a shopper.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 11:44:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11072221&cp=2788197.2788197&lmdn=Apparel+Type

I love that snapbacks are making a come back... I never stopped wearing them. I've always preferred snapbacks over fitted hats.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11157472&cp=2788197.2788197&lmdn=Apparel+Type

Classic logo shirt to go with the classic hat.

I still have $45 left over... I'm way too good of a shopper.

Boooo snapbacks! Boooooo!!!!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 11:49:03 PM »

Offline Mulla

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 154
I'd wait until the new Marvel shirts come out and get the Hulk one. 

They look awesome. TP for headsup.

Pick 2 Draft:

Salt Laker Flappers

PG: Jameer Nelson/ Mike Bibby/ Pooh Jeter
SG: Jason Richardson/ J.R. Smith
SF: Caron Butler/ J.R. Smith / Matt Barnes PF: Zach Randolph/ Ike Diogu/ Nenad Kristic C: Joakim Noah/ Nenad Kristic/ Tony Battie/ Ike Diogu