Author Topic: Lakers (14-11) at Celtics (14-10) 2/9  (Read 116849 times)

Re: Lakers (14-11) at Celtics (14-10) 2/9
« Reply #825 on: February 09, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Why give it to Pierce when World Piece has been shutting him down all game. Pretty lame.

« Reply #826 on: February 09, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Bass was limited because of Gasol and Bynum's size; but he should have abused Troy Murphy. Wilcox was playing good D. Doc's rotations continue to be in denial of the obvious fact that KG and JO can only play limited minutes.

I actually believe KG can handle that on some nights, thing is, he should not be forced to play two positions on defense AND give us offense!! Too much on him! If JO gets us his usual (lucky) 5pts and we win tonight!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #827 on: February 09, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2415
31 rebounds for Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum

« Reply #828 on: February 09, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
JO 5 rebounds 2 pts. in 29 min.??????

Great defense.

Who played great defense?? Okay so that wasn't Bynum out there killing us (anyone else/Gasol who got into the paint)??? Oh my bad... I must have been watching a different game?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #829 on: February 09, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Great defense.

Who played great defense?? Okay so that wasn't Bynum out there killing us (anyone else/Gasol who got into the paint)??? Oh my bad... I must have been watching a different game?

He shut Bynum down the entire game. It's not his job to guard Gasol and Bynum simultaneously. You want to get on him about his offense, fine but then you have to remind yourself of how many times you praised Perk when he was similarly productive.

« Reply #830 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:20 PM »

Offline greensquirrel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 65
I think our bigs did a good job on defense. Getting outrebounded by Bynum/Gasol is to be expected.
But my eyes hurt watching our half court offense.

« Reply #831 on: February 09, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Great defense.

He shut Bynum down the entire game. It's not his job to guard Gasol and Bynum simultaneously. You want to get on him about his offense, fine but then you have to remind yourself of how many times you praised Perk when he was similarly productive.

Bynum had 17 boards, 7 offensive.

Or...

Bynum had more offensive rebounds than JO had total rebounds.

Held him to 6/15, though.

Nice work, JO.   :-\

« Reply #832 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:05 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Great defense.

Bynum had 17 boards, 7 offensive.

Or...

Bynum had more offensive rebounds than JO had total rebounds.

Held him to 6/15, though.

Nice work, JO.   :-\

You're right, because they played the same amount of minutes.

« Reply #833 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Great defense.

LOL it's obvious you aren't talking facts here b/c I have no idea who you are talking about praising Perk, I only got to see him play a FEW games!! Now let's find Bynum's line for the day... 16pts, 17 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 stl... man, I wish JO would get shut down like that too!!! Oh, I forgot, no it's not his job to guard both positions (err except in KG's case) but it IS his job to protect the paint... 46 pts in the paint, more than half their points (other pts were 42)!!

« Reply #834 on: February 09, 2012, 11:30:34 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Great defense.

LOL it's obvious you aren't talking facts here b/c I have no idea who you are talking about praising Perk, I only got to see him play a FEW games!! Now let's find Bynum's line for the day... 16pts, 17 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 stl... man, I wish JO would get shut down like that too!!!

Dude just held the starting Center for the Western All Stars to 6-15 shooting and people are pointing the finger of blame at him?

« Reply #835 on: February 09, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Seriously, did Rondo do ANYTHING at all at the end of that game / overtime?

You wonder why people question his ability to be a franchise player.

I was clamoring for a Rondo and JO trade to Phx for Nash and Gortat because I felt that Rondo was and is a very bad fit for the Celtics. He wants to run and pass to fast break people and those who will hustle down the floor on offense. Instead he has KG, JO, PP, and RA running I mean walking down the floor and he is stuck running one man fast breaks and he has to pull back and give the ball to Pierce. Then Pierce tries to create something and passes to KG passes to Rondo who looks for Ray Allen running off a screen and if he makes the shot great. If not then we go back and play defense. We do a great job on defense only to lose the rebounding battle and give up second chance points. So I say we finish 35 and 31 and hope that it will get us a six or a three seed and we can possibly eke out a second round berth. The only upside to that is cap space and add athletic young players to the mix. Plus Paul Pierce will anchor the young squad.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #836 on: February 09, 2012, 11:37:25 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Great defense.

LOL it's obvious you aren't talking facts here b/c I have no idea who you are talking about praising Perk, I only got to see him play a FEW games!! Now let's find Bynum's line for the day... 16pts, 17 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 stl... man, I wish JO would get shut down like that too!!!

Dude just held the starting Center for the Western All Stars to 6-15 shooting and people are pointing the finger of blame at him?

For letting him get 17 boards in a game that was decided on the glass, absolutely.

KG held his own by grabbing 12, but Gasol ruled the paint on KG, too, but was drooling when Bass came in.  

Bass was/is our worst rebounding big (if he can be truly called a big), and was tonight, but played almost twice as much as Wilcox, who was at least servicable inside.

It's still a big man's game, and I don't think Doc got the max out of our big guys tonight.

« Reply #837 on: February 09, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Great defense.

No, I don't blame him (again), I blame who cuts his checks! KG held Dwight to worse than that, what does that mean to me? He still got 16pts (crucial points more than once) and 17rbs against 2pts 5rbs... looks like Bynum is the one who played D and produced on offense!!! Give me JO off the bench for 10-15 and I'd love him (because he isn't a terrible player) but for any more, I can't take it!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:45:30 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »

« Reply #838 on: February 09, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Great defense.

No, I don't blame him (again), I blame who cuts his checks! KG held Dwight to worse than that, what does that mean to me? He still got 16pts (crucial points more than once) and 17rbs against 2pts 5rbs... looks like Bynum is the one who played D and produced on offense!!! Give me JO off the bench for 10-15 and I'd love him (because he isn't a terrible player) but for any more, I can't take it!

You realize that Bynum's production came mostly when Wilcox and Bass were in the game and KG had to guard him?

There are many places to lay blame for a tough loss, but I really don't see where it's on JO or the minutes he played.

« Reply #839 on: February 09, 2012, 11:45:41 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Great defense.

You realize that Bynum's production came mostly when Wilcox and Bass were in the game and KG had to guard him?

There are many places to lay blame for a tough loss, but I really don't see where it's on JO or the minutes he played.
I'm not seeing that either JO actually had a solid game against Bynum if he didn't we probably aren't even in this thing in the end
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk