Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 55970 times)

liam, cman88, Emmette Bryant, BudweiserCeltic and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #525 on: Yesterday at 08:28:34 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 616

TP…..too funny

I kinda think of Doris Burke when I saw the scarecrow

Lol that's not too far off. I'll never be able to not see that again.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #526 on: Yesterday at 09:23:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boston head coach Joe Mazzulla won’t say for sure whether or not the star center will be ready to go for Game 1 on June 6, though.

“He’s getting better. He’s out there shooting. He went through a couple drills in practice,” Mazzulla told reporters when asked about Porzingis’s recovery on Friday. “He’s progressing well. We’re kinda confident in where he’s at right now.”

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #527 on: Yesterday at 09:42:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Boston head coach Joe Mazzulla won’t say for sure whether or not the star center will be ready to go for Game 1 on June 6, though.

“He’s getting better. He’s out there shooting. He went through a couple drills in practice,” Mazzulla told reporters when asked about Porzingis’s recovery on Friday. “He’s progressing well. We’re kinda confident in where he’s at right now.”

Reading that….maybe just me, if in I were coach I would be preparing the team as if he weren’t playing.  I would want to see him run the floor first . If he can do that …then he is useful.

« Reply #528 on: Yesterday at 10:04:46 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264

Reading that….maybe just me, if in I were coach I would be preparing the team as if he weren’t playing.  I would want to see him run the floor first . If he can do that …then he is useful.

Or maybe he’s just playing mind games with Jayson Kidd?

« Reply #529 on: Yesterday at 10:11:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983

The whole injury worries me .  KD came back after 32 days rest of his calf , then tore his Achilles.  Even if KP never plays in this years finals .  I not convinced he should play in the Olympic Games in July either . If he tears the Achilles, that’s another year ? That seems like just asking for a bad problem to befall the Celtics once again . I’d be very worried if I were Brad.

« Reply #530 on: Yesterday at 10:15:34 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655

yup. the ali rope a dope

boston is only showing what they want to show or want you to hear. They control the narrative not us.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #531 on: Yesterday at 11:47:12 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsD_2DBwRqY

Once the physical recovery is adequate, the main thing is that Zinger trusts his leg.  The mental hurdle is going to be huge.

If he's healthy, we should be hanging banner 18 soon.

« Reply #532 on: Today at 12:47:10 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
KP looking good in practice.

« Reply #533 on: Today at 03:25:05 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758

Not much to go on - I want to see the guy actually run and do some lateral movement.
Someone with a broken leg could do stand-still shooting like that.
So frustrating to have made that trade only to have the feared injury in the playoffs.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #534 on: Today at 06:03:26 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Not much to go on - I want to see the guy actually run and do some lateral movement.
So frustrating to have made that trade only to have the feared injury in the playoffs.
I see it as perfect timing with the injury.  I would have never expected Porzingis to make it through an entire playoffs in one piece.  The injury happened early enough that we should have a healthy Porzingis exactly when we need him.  I think it's always going to be an injury gamble with Zinger and this year we are going to win that gamble in my opinion. 

« Reply #535 on: Today at 07:00:46 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 379

not quite sure a guy with a broken leg could jump off of it to make shots then walk to different spots.

« Reply #536 on: Today at 07:30:59 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 639

Someone with a broken  leg could do stand-still shooting like that.

not quite sure a guy with a broken leg could jump off of it to make shots then walk to different spots.

Certainly not a guy with Mazz coaching him, thats for sure 🙄

« Reply #537 on: Today at 08:35:07 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
I remain concerned.  I didn't find the video of him taking shots all that reassuring.  Better to see him doing that, than in a boot or whatever, but he appeared to me to still have a ways to go to be ready for NBA finals action.  You can't know if what we saw was everything he has been doing, maybe he is running sprints but just not on camera.  But game 1 is in 5 days.  He will have been out 5.5 weeks.

No sense trying to over-analyze this.  There is just too much that you don't know.  I would think that they have him on a trajectory to have him ready for game 1.  Ramping up his activity with that as a target.  Mazzulla said there were no setbacks.  I will take him at his word on that.