Author Topic: Sixers (22-12) at Celtics (19-13) Game #33 12/25/18  (Read 35214 times)

Re: Sixers (22-12) at Celtics (19-13) Game #33 12/25/18
« Reply #585 on: December 25, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
I wonder if Hayward is being asked by Brad to not take as many shots as he otherwise would because he’s always got less FGA than at least 5 other players, every night. Otherwise he must be very self conscious about taking shots away from the young guys who blossomed last year and is subordinating himself to them. Particularly since the past 5 games he hasn’t been shooting them that well.

In any case this is why depth is a good thing - so we’re not reliant on any one player other than kyrie. On a less deep team having Hayward try to play his way into confidence would be a much bigger issue.

Oh well. At least we won and Golden State got whupped any the Lakers at home with LeBum going off injured in the 3rd...best of both worlds. ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #586 on: December 26, 2018, 01:19:51 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I wonder if Hayward is being asked by Brad to not take as many shots as he otherwise would because he’s always got less FGA than at least 5 other players, every night. Otherwise he must be very self conscious about taking shots away from the young guys who blossomed last year and is subordinating himself to them. Particularly since the past 5 games he hasn’t been shooting them that well.

In any case this is why depth is a good thing - so we’re not reliant on any one player other than kyrie. On a less deep team having Hayward try to play his way into confidence would be a much bigger issue.

Oh well. At least we won and Golden State got whupped any the Lakers at home with LeBum going off injured in the 3rd...best of both worlds. ;D

No doubt Stevens is running less stuff for Gordy to get a shot off. It's probably a case of if Gordy's shot is falling, they will run more action for him on secondary screen etc. The primary play for Gordy (the high post, hand-off pop for a 3 or attack (with weakside stuff happening for Rozier or another), gets run at least three or four times a game already.

No doubt the more and more confident Gordy gets, the more strength he gets, the more they will run downhill stuff for him.

I am nowhere near as worried about Hayward, as say LrBrd and KG Liv Leg are (they discuss Hayward quite a lot on their really good, and at times quite funny, podcast).

Brown is the real worry: he is a strange dude, and I worry that a reduced role will really affect his commitment and his game, and eventually might start to intrude on solidarity.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #587 on: December 26, 2018, 01:52:11 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Also, just want to post this classic gem from "LA Sox Fan" in the comments section of the game write up on CelticsBlog:

"Celtics win a nationally broadcast Christmas game against the 76s in overtime, and the first comment here is how the Celtics are "nothing without Kyrie." Couldn’t wait to use that Ronco six-speed electric sh!t stirrer you got for Christmas, could you?"
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #588 on: December 26, 2018, 07:09:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am glad we won, it was a hard fought victory.   I was pretty stoked at the win.   But are the Sixers an elite team?  Nope, they are a very good team.  Embiid looked gassed in the fourth.

Kyrie was fantastic.

"Celtics win a nationally broadcast Christmas game against the 76s in overtime, and the first comment here is how the Celtics are "nothing without Kyrie." Couldn’t wait to use that Ronco six-speed electric sh!t stirrer you got for Christmas, could you?"

How ignorant can a guy be?   The same is true of LA with LeBron and they are a way worse team and not a playoff team without Bron.

« Reply #589 on: December 26, 2018, 08:17:55 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I am glad we won, it was a hard fought victory.   I was pretty stoked at the win.   But are the Sixers an elite team?  Nope, they are a very good team.  Embiid looked gassed in the fourth.

Kyrie was fantastic.

How ignorant can a guy be?   The same is true of LA with LeBron and they are a way worse team and not a playoff team without Bron.

I'm glad you mentioned Embiid's conditioning.  I was at the game yesterday and was too nervous/excited to really pay attention to his motor.  The chase down block and dunk made it seem like he was still going strong in the 4th.  Fortunately he missed some shots late in the quarter.   

Overall, did Embiid look like he had any more in the tank compared to last years playoffs?  He was a monster for most of the game.  It will be nice to have Baynes back for a potential playoff match-up.  This should allow Horford to stay fresh going into the 4th quarter.