Author Topic: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage  (Read 16516 times)

Re: Lee and Green = $60 mil of garbage
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
So I'm to lazy to read all 5 pages, so sorry if this as already been said. Green who I thought would be pretty good hasn't been. Not good at all. I'll leave him at that.
I disagree about Lee however. I think he's been playing good D, maybe the best of any guard on the Celtics. He's pretty quick and has been taking the ball to the hole well. Also his jump shot hasn't been bad. The only real complaint with him is he hasn't been hitting his 3's. But Terry hasn't been tearing it up either and doesn't bring the D that Lee does.
Personally I would like to see the Celtics go back to starting Lee and bringing JT off the bench. I think they could use Lee's defense against starters and maybe Terry will do better of the beanch where he's accustomed to.

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Jason Terry is only playing a bit better than Lee and Green.  And it's not like we haven't seen other players have the same sort of struggles as Lee and Green when they get to the Celtics.
He's shooting 50% from the field and 40% from three-point range while playing somewhat limited minutes. That's better than "a bit".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Jason Terry is only playing a bit better than Lee and Green.  And it's not like we haven't seen other players have the same sort of struggles as Lee and Green when they get to the Celtics.
He's shooting 50% from the field and 40% from three-point range while playing somewhat limited minutes. That's better than "a bit".

And Courtney Lee is actually shooting a career high from the field, even with his struggles from 3.  Terry, however, has seen his rebounds, assists and scoring all fall substantially, even though he's only playing about 4 minutes less per game than last year in Dallas.  And I don't think anyone can say JET's defense is better than Lee's or Green's.

Mike

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I have to agree with this from what we've seen so far. Both of these players are starters in the league and have shown that they should be capable of great things here in Boston. I think that the recent comments about "not getting what it means to be a Celtic" apply to the 2 of them among others.

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Gotta conquer on this one. Terry hasnt been a problem in my mind at all. Defense could use some help but thats who he is. On the offensive end, and overall really, nothing about Terry has worried me. He also shows at least a little bit of excitement and attitude on the court as well.

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
   Other than shooting 3 pointers Lee has actually been playing very well.  Particularly his effort on rebounding and 50/50 balls stand out along with solid defense and excellent mid range shooting.
   Jeff Green has been very disappointing so far, but he still haven't found any rhythm.  Hopefully he'll get comfortable sooner than later. 
   The Celtics are only as good as their team defense.  Right now our team defense is terrible.  It's not on any one player.  Bradley will only help a little when he comes back.  It's about trust and effort right now.  Once we get back to playing Celtics defense we will be a dominant team.  Until then there is no point in blaming any individual players. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2012, 10:21:36 AM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Green was a stiff before he got here, he is a stiff now, and he will be a stiff after he leaves.  Trade him to a chump team where there is no pressure and he'll probably avg 15-17ppg, be a good offensive player, and a stiff in all other ways.  Keep him here and it's likely to get even worse.

Lee, on the other hand, I like.  Good defensive player.  Offensively his shots need to come from 15 feet and in, and he'll be fine.

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2012, 10:49:58 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
You got it wrong OP

Lee and Bass are millions of dollars of garbage

Lee is redundant. Celtics already have Barbosa and Bradley who are slashing guards. And Bradley is better defensively also. And Lee is a below average shooter. People forget that

Bass is a jump shooting big man. That should be self explanitory. Celtics already have KG, they don't need another one. They need to trade Bass for a physical big man who is a rebounder

« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2012, 10:52:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Lee is redundant. Celtics already have Barbosa and Bradley who are slashing guards. And Bradley is better defensively also. And Lee is a below average shooter. People forget that
You missed the memo where the it said basketball is played on both ends of the floor?

Lee is our only SG who has a semblance of defensive capability. He's also our only SG taller than 6'3 (healthy or injured). In many ways, he's indispensable to the team at this point.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
You missed the memo where the it said basketball is played on both ends of the floor?

Lee is our only SG who has a semblance of defensive capability. He's also our only SG taller than 6'3 (healthy or injured). In many ways, he's indispensable to the team at this point.

I think its the height that is making people want to keep him. If that is his only good attribute, then Celtics should trade him

His shooting is below par, and his defense isn't all that good. Pierce at 35 is a better defender than him

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
Its ridiculous people would call jeff green garbage after 10 games. the kid just got back from surgery and is playing very well considering that. show me another post surgery guy who could provide the dunk of the year like jeff.

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Its ridiculous people would call jeff green garbage after 10 games. the kid just got back from surgery and is playing very well considering that. show me another post surgery guy who could provide the dunk of the year like jeff.

That dunk counted for two points.  One dunk does not a season make.  He'll have plenty of time and plenty of chances (and plenty of money).  Let's hope he has more consistent performance than one dunk might indicate.

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I think its the height that is making people want to keep him. If that is his only good attribute, then Celtics should trade him

His shooting is below par, and his defense isn't all that good. Pierce at 35 is a better defender than him
Nope, he isn't. As a matter of fact, Lee is giving up less PER at both SG and SF than Pierce (for whatever this measure is worth).

Also, he's quite capable of making three-pointers, despite his recent cold streak.

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2012, 03:28:12 PM »

Offline mrpoundforpound

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3

That dunk counted for two points.  One dunk does not a season make.  He'll have plenty of time and plenty of chances (and plenty of money).  Let's hope he has more consistent performance than one dunk might indicate.

It shows he has great potential to lead the team

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

It shows he has great potential to lead the team

One dunk does not show potential to lead a team.  Not to pick on Gerald Green, as I like Gerald, but if dunks defined franchise players, Gerald would have multiple rings.