Author Topic: Champions League 2008-09 Thread  (Read 104027 times)

Re: Champions League 2008-09 Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2009, 08:10:52 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8pZBHyZfbM&feature=related

I'm preparing myself for even more United hating from our very own cordobes now.

Ahaha, I don't have and never have hated United, they're a club I appreciate - I just set the record straight. Good luck to you guys. ManUtd are favourites but this team competes every game.

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2009, 08:38:18 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I hope that Gus will do his magic and qualify over liverpool. I can`t stand this talentless team. A good coach two real footballers and 9 lamberjacks.... (sorry but i realy can`t stand them!!!)

MU VS Barca should be the final this year.
United seem like the favourites to qualify to the final but and english  semi against arsenal won`t be easy. I think mu will have an easier task against Villareal. If we can get past Porto that is

Bayern don`t look good against Barca but how can you dismiss the chances of a german team ? And then a semi against liverpool of chelsea..... Tough road

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2009, 08:42:33 AM »

Offline Mon

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Pulling for Liverpool but man...Chelsea again... :P

If not Liverpool...then give me Barca...I like the Flea!!!

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm preparing myself for even more United hating from our very own cordobes now. ;D I'm absolutely delighted with that draw. I think we should get to the final. I think Porto are a good side, but we shouldn't have a problem. Neither Arsenal nor Villareal worry me. I would love Liverpool in the final.

I agree.  MU should be able to dance their way to another trophy.  I think the draw was the biggest obstacle in them getting the 5 this year.  Imagine tehm landing Liverpool after they just lambasted them. 

Oh well, big offseason for my Chelsea side.  They need a big clearing out of people, like Drogba, Alex, Ballack, maybe even Terry.  It's good to see Essien have an immediate impact since his return.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2009, 12:38:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Liverpool where the one team I desperately wanted Chelsea to avoid.

Bad draw for all four teams -- Chelsea, Pool, Bayern, Barca -- on this side of the draw.

Man Utd have a very favourable draw. They should be in the finals.

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
It'll be tough for United to get through. Porto are a good side, and with players like Rio Ferdinand and Owen Hargreaves missing, they exploited us well. The second leg is going to be extremely difficult.

Chelsea-Barca in the semi-final. That should be a great tie. I was hugely impressed with how they dismantled Liverpool and Bayern respectively.

« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2009, 01:49:26 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
It'll be tough for United to get through. Porto are a good side, and with players like Rio Ferdinand and Owen Hargreaves missing, they exploited us well. The second leg is going to be extremely difficult.

Yeah, I bet our good man cordobes was
enjoying the first leg of the match-up.

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2009, 02:56:27 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I think the biggest story was bayern`s hands down defeat.
Barcelona could have scored easily a couple more in the first and slowed down at the second half. I can`t undestand what`s Ribery down there. BTW barca seems muche better than the team with Rony don`t you think?

MU i think got more than what they deserved. The last month we play pretty bad. The two goals were mostly by luck. The difference between the two teams is that Porto was "fresh". They outuned mu , pressed up high , moved the ball fast end effectively. They sure deserved a win. MU looked very tired. I don`t know how can this change in a week. But i hope it does :D

USELESS STAT: Porto in 12 games in England has 10 defeats most of them pretty embarrasing (4-0 arsenal) and 2 draws both against MU. The first was a few years ago in the CL winning season. Should i bet a few euros that Porto will win it this season? As they say hostory repeats itself :D :D

At least liverpool seems almost out the competition. Hidding outcoached Rafa (who i consider excellent). Barcelona VS Gus` Chelsea will be very very interesting !

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2009, 08:30:48 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Chelsea-Barca in the semi-final. That should be a great tie. I was hugely impressed with how they dismantled Liverpool and Bayern respectively.

I think ManU will hold on and win the Barclay's title, but next year will be interesting.  They stand to lose Ronaldo and Tevez, which would be a big blow to them.  The way Chelsea is playing now, the Champions League could be theirs to lose.  Hiddink has the team playing good football and with Essien back, they are stronger.  I hate to wish this, but I can't wait for the season to be over to see what Chelsea does for transactions.  They are getting old and have not given their younger talent much playing time.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2009, 06:43:00 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I`ve read somewhere that the president of Chelsea Bruce Buck (or something like this) said that Gus is a temporary solution and that they have come to an agreement with the next coach and soon there will be announcements

« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2009, 07:19:20 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I`ve read somewhere that the president of Chelsea Bruce Buck (or something like this) said that Gus is a temporary solution and that they have come to an agreement with the next coach and soon there will be announcements

Mourinho, anyone?

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2009, 07:50:29 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Murihno`s contract doesn`t expire this summer. It would be very stupid to announce an agreement before ending the current deal cause Morati won`t let him go.

BTW I don`t know if he is even allowed to discuss with other teams.

« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2009, 06:34:03 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
A few hours before the game some stas

Porto in 11 or 12 home games for CL (or champions cup) against english teams has zero defeats.

Porto in ~42 of european competition against english teams has zero defeats.

On the other hand MU has scored in every game this season.

« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:26 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Who'd have thought Liverpool-Chelsea would be so entertaining?

« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2009, 06:56:08 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I'm worried about tonight. I know we're the better team, I just hope we choose to show up because if not Porto will win on the night.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:04:06 AM by celticmaestro »