Author Topic: Rondo/Paul/Ingram - HOU/LAL Brawl - (All 3 suspended w/out pay)  (Read 14260 times)

Re: Rondo FIST FIGHTS CP3 after Ingram pushes harden & presses the ref
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2018, 01:00:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
didn't Rondo almost get into a fistfight with Rafer Alston a while back?

both have been hotheads their entire careers so this isn't really surprising...

if someone had to get punched, I wish it had been Harden  :P

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 01:06:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Those spit clips....don't think I've EVER seen spit come out of someone's mouth like that before..

Is there a DIRECT FACIAL view of Rondo spitting?

With technology nowadays, SO MUCH stuff can be doctored...hard to trust technology sometimes.

EDIT - Looks like Rondo DOES motion his mouth as if he's spitting.

Rondo is wrong if he's done this.

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Woj

Sources: NBA's expected to learn two things on case Lakers/Rajon Rondo will make to league: Rondo suffered a cut/scratch under right eye from Chris Paul, which Rondo contends provoked him. Also, Rondo used a mouthguard, which presumably would complicate alleged act of spitting.

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The spit!

https://twitter.com/rockets_insider/status/1054045620527341570?s=12

It's a Rockets page, so things can easily be altered lol. Gotta see it from a neutral and official source. Plus, too many cut-off zoom-ins.

Though Rondo is a feisty one.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
yeah we live in a society now where reputation and track record outweigh proof anyway so what's the point of hunting down a video that might show the truth...

character counts..... unprovoked violence not a character trait exhibited by Paul....getting under opponents skin? definitely a Rondo trait. This is not to discount the video evidence but character matters in initial assessment in the absence of evidence.

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Seems like Rondo actually did spit on Chris Paul.

https://twitter.com/tom2517/status/1054043044817731584

Doesn't bode well for Rondo.

I KNEW IT......I kept saying it at the time... Rondo did something to provoke that poke in the face. I just knew he had said something. I kept rewinding and replaying until I noticed Paul wipe  his face, that is when it occurred to me that he might have spit in Paul's face. If that video is not  manipulated then it confirms my suspicion.

Paul's reaction now seems tame in light of what happened. He could easily have spit back in Rondo's face.

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Woj: Whatever case Rondo's making, NBA is evaluating a video clip captured courtside that shows saliva/spit shooting from Rondo's mouth onto Chris Paul's face. It appears Rondo will have to sell league on fact that it was unintentional -- and that appears to be a tough case to make.

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

there we go, that's all I was asking for.

and ya know what, changes nothing on my opinion. I've long felt paul is a doosh and he's had something like this coming from rondo for yrs. now.

of course it changes nothing for you because you were really never interested in the evidence. Like most other disputes people just cling to their tribe evidence and precedence notwithstanding. We all know or should know Rondo is a punk. Sure he was our punk for a while and we probably enjoyed him. There is a reason why Paul is the president of the Union and Rondo is not. There is a reason Paul has national commercial campaigns while Rondo has none.

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2018, 01:30:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Part of the reason why I love Rondo is because spitting on Paul is something I totally think he's capable of doing, whether or not he actually did it.

I'm surprised, a lot of you are saying "did he spit, I don't see him spit, I don't believe he spit..."

And I'm over here thinking, "ya that sounds like something Rondo would definitely do."

Yep.

Yep squared...TP to Indeed, proceed fellows.

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2018, 01:30:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

and ya know what, changes nothing on my opinion. I've long felt paul is a doosh and he's had something like this coming from rondo for yrs. now.

of course it changes nothing for you because you were really never interested in the evidence. Like most other disputes people just cling to their tribe evidence and precedence notwithstanding. We all know or should know Rondo is a punk. Sure he was our punk for a while and we probably enjoyed him. There is a reason why Paul is the president of the Union and Rondo is not. There is a reason Paul has national commercial campaigns while Rondo has none.
its very possible it was unintentional. I know it’s unlikely but maybe rondo was out of his zone and didn’t realize cp3 was that close to him, or rondo was just exhaling and it came out

But yeah I think it was intentional. Lol it was pretty funny to me

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

its very possible it was unintentional. I know it’s unlikely but maybe rondo was out of his zone and didn’t realize cp3 was that close to him, or rondo was just exhaling and it came out

lol ...defense attorneys will love you on a jury. I just call BS when I see it. Rondo is a punk. What was he doing right in Paul's face to begin with? He was right there in the face of three Rockets.  If it was unintentional why did he not apologize right away? He really should get slammed by the NBA for this nonsense.

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
reading all about these things about the lakers make me all warm and fuzzy inside. i love to see the lakers suffer through all this.  ;D

next, let's make this a family affair!!

Lauren A. Jones
@LoJoMedia
 An eyewitness told @thelasentinel Ramon Rondo’s significant oher shoved Jada Paul, Chris Paul’s wife, who was sitting next to Savannah James. Security immediately broke the two up.

EDIT: video clearly shows rondo spitting. this is on SoSH, scroll down to video by Rachel Nicols.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/2018-nba-game-thread.25214/page-4
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:46:34 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Tell you this, though - if I EVER get into a Bar fight I want Rondo on my side!

Give me Rondo and Charles Oakley.

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Ex Celtics players join the debate:

Jared Sullinger: CP and Rondo exchange is nothing new!! Do your history!! These two never liked each other!!

Paul Pierce: Rondo and Chris Paul have never liked each other

Rondo has always been one of my favorite players in the NBA, however, I'm not going to defend him on this one. He knew perfectly well what he was doing - trying to provoke Paul to lash out on him first.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2018, 02:01:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

lol ...defense attorneys will love you on a jury. I just call BS when I see it. Rondo is a punk. What was he doing right in Paul's face to begin with? He was right there in the face of three Rockets.  If it was unintentional why did he not apologize right away? He really should get slammed by the NBA for this nonsense.

Because Paul was in his face first?