Author Topic: Guys we could go after that might sign for the Veteran's Minimum?  (Read 6076 times)

Re: Guys we could go after that might sign for the Veteran's Minimum?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wallace wouldnt give us much production. He is pretty much done.

ACL surgery or not theres no way Howard plays for the vet min. Not a chance... Same goes for McGrady.

Theres already been talk about Miller splitting the MLE. Especially, like someone said, since he is what the second best free agent center out there? Thats not saying much. Would much rather have Shaq.

Livingston does nothing for me. An injury prone player that is still a project... Dont like it.

Vet min guys will be players like Finley. I think Livingston and Wallace go for the LLE. Howard and Mcgrady will come close to MLE status if not more.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 12:48:04 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Meh...  Finley's proven that he can't stay on the court because his D is so atrocious.  C's desperately needed shooting against the Lakers, but couldn't put Fin in because he was so bad defensively.  He's done.

Yea, Fins not coming back unless someone offers a max contract.

But when New York doesn't get LeBron or Wade, I'm sure they'll throw it at someone like him lol

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
I don't get this.  We're talking about a guy who used to be one of the best players in the NBA at the league minimum.  And he proved he can still put up 20+ points at times last year. 

I'd understand the reaction if I was proposing a sign and trade of Ray for him or even offering him the MLE.  But for the minimum knowing that we could cut him at any time?  It's absurd to not think that's a good idea. 

Exactly my thoughts. We're talking a multiple time All-Star who won scoring titles. He's still in his prime, even though the latter end. In terms of attitude, I don't think he's worse than Marbury and he turned out to work just fine in Boston, attitude wise though.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
We probably won't get out of the first round with McGrady on the team.

Nice but, I don't think he's worth the vet min anymore.  He's shot.

Brad Miller will probably command something like 1/2 of the MLE so that might be option although it wouldn't be good option although at that price nothing is good except youth.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 04:05:52 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Michael Jordan, after playing the new 2K game he’s gonna want to come back... can’t be worse than Marquis.  ;D :-X ;)

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Steve Blake, Manu Ginobli, Mike Miller, Al Harrington, and Brandon Haywood.  Those would be my possible vet min targets.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 04:46:28 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Steve Blake, Manu Ginobli, Mike Miller, Al Harrington, and Brandon Haywood.  Those would be my possible vet min targets.

Every single one of those guys are going to be way worth more than the vet minimum.  And Ginobli isn't even a free-agent.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
While it is by no means impressive I am pretty sure you could find clips of Pierce looking disinterested in a game at some point in his career. Especially coupled with the fact that he was really bothered by an injury and we don't know the exact scenario behind that clip, you can't write a guy off for that. Also we know darn well we could find times that our own players wallace and nate did not put in full effort (or worse) and i know most people would love those two at the minimum for next year...

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Exactly my thoughts. We're talking a multiple time All-Star who won scoring titles. He's still in his prime, even though the latter end. In terms of attitude, I don't think he's worse than Marbury and he turned out to work just fine in Boston, attitude wise though.

Tmac is no longer in his prime.  He is pretty much done, just like Marbury, Allen Iverson, and Finley.  Of those four, I'd prefer Finley off the Boston bench.  He knows his role.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Ben Wallace would be a perfect fit for bostons defense and immediately become their leading rebounder which is a weak spot

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 09:15:59 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Livingston yes.  I thought he played really well the end of last season.   Low risk high reward for the vet min.   

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

Every single one of those guys are going to be way worth more than the vet minimum.  And Ginobli isn't even a free-agent.

My bad, I was having an absentee brain moment and saw the words "vet min" but was thinking MLE.  And for some reason I thought Ginobli was a free agent, but I see now that he's not.