Author Topic: Realistic Center trade targets  (Read 3600 times)

Realistic Center trade targets
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:50:50 PM »

Offline CaptainGoatse

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
Our tradeable assets pretty much look something like this right now

Scal - decent size contract, might be able to unload him with an asset for a marginal player with a longer contract to a team looking to shed salary.

BBD, Powe - We should probably pick one of these two and unload the other. I like them both a lot but when it comes down to it id rather keep powe. Of course any team wanting to trade for one or the other would probably want powe as well. Definately have some trade value around the league, exsp powe

Pruitt - maybe someone would want him, but he probably has more value to us than he does in trade value around the league. Perhaps if he got some PT and was showcased around the league he might garner some interest but i dont see any team going out of their way to obtain him.

Cassell - I seriously doubt he would be included in any trade, with the whole future coach thing and all. Who knows though, maybe he will want to leave if he continues to get absolutely no minutes here this year.

Walker/Giddens - More unproven commidities. Trade value probably very low around the league. Maybe some team looking to unload salary would want to take a chance on them but i dont see anyone going out of thier way to try to obtain either of these guys.

POB: if anyone else wanted him, they would have signed him themselves this offseason. We took a gamble on him, he may or may not pan out (probably not) but if he does it will be with us and not another team.

Tony allen/eddie house: both crucial roleplayers on our team that cant even be traded now due to trade restrictions from thier recent contract signings. I wouldnt want to get rid of either but if they were to be traded it wont be for another couple months.

Not a whole lot there anyone would go out of thier way to acquire. Our best trade asset is leon powe, and personally i dont want to trade him. Not much in the way of future draft picks we can offer either.

Kwame brown: Im not sure detroit would want to trade with us at all due to us bieng thier primary competition in the east. Not sure what we have that they would want. Glen davis?

Darko Milicic: He is making like 7 million, so we would basically have to trade scal+3 or 4 small contracts for him. Something like scal+giddens+pruitt+davis. Definately not worth it. Perhaps later in the season when they have completely lost hope for the year they might want to get rid of him, and we could do something like TA+scal or scal+house for him when they are eligable to be traded.

Pryzbilla would be my ideal target. Sergio rodriguez seems malconent over there not getting the PT he wants so maybe they would throw him in as well. Pryz is making like 6mil/year so the celtics could match salaries if they would take on scal and 2 or 3 small contracts. He would probably come at a steep cost, starting with leon powe and whoever else they wanted. The main problem here is that the portland squad is so full of young talent, they could not retain all of the excess players we would need to send over in a trade to match salaries, so this would be pretty much a straight up salary dump for them. Unfortunately i dont see this happening as they arent shedding that much salary and dont need the players we can offer them except powe. Our only shot would probably be threatening to sign darius miles again unless they traded him to us.

Diop: bad long term contract. Still he is pretty much exactly what we need, a defensive minded backup C. Scal+davis and/or giddens or something might get this done. Im not sure celtics ownership would want to take on his contract. Really doubt dallas would want to do this unless thier season went so bad they didnt even look like they were going to make the playoffs this year.

Jeff Foster: I believe indiana just resigned him, so they are probably not looking to move him, but i sure would love to have him on board.

Mikki Moore: probably quite obtainable. Not sure i want him.

Bargnanni: I dont think toronto has completely given up on him yet, and hes not the type of center i would want for the c's. Rather have a tough, defensive minded rebounder

Blatche: he seems to be in the doghouse in washington right now, perhaps he is obtainable on the cheap.

Not a whole lot out there, and what is out there -- we dont really have the pieces to get for the most part. For the better players out there we are lacking matching salaries (without sending them 5 guys the other team doesnt have roster spots for), as well as attractive pieces to offer outside of leon powe.

Re: Realistic Center trade targets
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
TP for some ideas but I don't really see the need to make rash judgements and make a trade now after only 6 games.   

The bench in the rotation Davis, Powe, Allen, and House have played really well this year so far as a unit.  Even TA's biggest critics have to be somewhat happy with his play.  Davis has rebounded well after a slow start in the preseason and Powe has what 4 games already with 10 or more points.  Before too long I think Pruitt will be given a chance with House playing some 2. 

I've seen some trade posts pop up but I'd rather wait until 30 to 40 games into the season, be a little patient, and let our young guys develop a little to see more of what we have.   

I'd hate to see a Joe Johnson type trade happen where it's only iffy if we get marginally better in a trade but give up a player say like Walker with good upside. 

Plus there might be some buyouts or a return of PJ Brown around the trade deadline so I don't think we should rush into any trade now. 

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Yeah we don't have much for real assets to trade.  I'd be interested in Miki Moore, i really liked his game in NJ
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 06:43:56 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1021~2746&teams=27~2&te=&cash=

Wouldn't be the worst trade in the world. But I'd rather have Mcdyess.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 07:41:01 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I'd love to have Blatche, and like a previous poster said, he is kind of in the doghouse in Washington.

Thats a great trade for us considering we'd get a young big men with tremendous upside for Scalabrine.  No way washington does that deal though, I dont think theyre that unhappy with Blatche to just dump him for Scal.

Blatche wouldnt solve our backup C problems either.  Hes just as unproven as POB, he may have a better work ethic and upside, but one of Blatches big problems in DC is that he cant stay in the game because of fouls.

We need to go veteran at the backup C position.....and it really amazes me how some of you guys willingly throw Powes name around in trade ideas.  Maybe hes one of my "binkies" but hes almost borderline untradeable right now unless its a GREAT deal for us.
Greg

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 07:46:13 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
I'd love to have Blatche, and like a previous poster said, he is kind of in the doghouse in Washington.

Thats a great trade for us considering we'd get a young big men with tremendous upside for Scalabrine.  No way washington does that deal though, I dont think theyre that unhappy with Blatche to just dump him for Scal.

Blatche wouldnt solve our backup C problems either.  Hes just as unproven as POB, he may have a better work ethic and upside, but one of Blatches big problems in DC is that he cant stay in the game because of fouls.

We need to go veteran at the backup C position.....and it really amazes me how some of you guys willingly throw Powes name around in trade ideas.  Maybe hes one of my "binkies" but hes almost borderline untradeable right now unless its a GREAT deal for us.

I agree that I'd rather have a vet like a McDyess or a Joe Smith than Blatche. But I thought Blatche would be a good option to have alongside Powe and Baby because of his length. If he really is that far into Washington's doghouse they might take Scal because A) he adds depth at SF and B) His contract is over sooner than Blatche's and is worth more.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

I agree that I'd rather have a vet like a McDyess or a Joe Smith than Blatche. But I thought Blatche would be a good option to have alongside Powe and Baby because of his length. If he really is that far into Washington's doghouse they might take Scal because A) he adds depth at SF and B) His contract is over sooner than Blatche's and is worth more.

Blatche hasnt done a bad job in Washington, just like I said, he hasnt been able to stay in the game b/c of fouls.  On top of that also, their rookie big man, Javale McGee has been playing real well and is earning more minutes.  So Blatche being in the doghouse maybe he a harsh statement for his situation, especially considering his age.  So like i said, I dont think their willing to deal him just yet, and especially not for Scal.

As far as Scal, Washington needed capspace last offseason more than do this offseason......also if Scal really provided that much insurence at the SF for position as you say he would for the Wiz, why do we want to get rid of him so badly? Were not exactly oozing with capable SF's either  :)

I like Blatche though.  I think he could turn into a real good NBA player.
Greg

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 08:21:38 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
I like Brad Miller.  He has a tough streak and can shoot the ball.  The Kings are going nowhere and If I recall,  he is in the last year of his contract.  Not sure about that but I thought I read that recently.  Blatche would not help us. 

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 08:25:30 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
I like Brad Miller.  He has a tough streak and can shoot the ball.  The Kings are going nowhere and If I recall,  he is in the last year of his contract.  Not sure about that but I thought I read that recently.  Blatche would not help us. 

Miller makes 11 per, no way to get him.