Author Topic: Earl Watson anyone?  (Read 4956 times)

Earl Watson anyone?
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:51:36 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The New York Daily News is reporting that Earl Watson wants out of Oklahoma City. I'd love to get Watson in a Celtic's uniform. As far as #'s, Scalabrine and House would do it (after DEC 15). I like House, but he is not very good at running the team at the pg spot.And this worries me come playoff time. So if Danny could trade for Watson and then land McDyess, I think this championship caliber team would improve.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: Earl Watson anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:30:59 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
The New York Daily News is reporting that Earl Watson wants out of Oklahoma City. I'd love to get Watson in a Celtic's uniform. As far as #'s, Scalabrine and House would do it (after DEC 15). I like House, but he is not very good at running the team at the pg spot.And this worries me come playoff time. So if Danny could trade for Watson and then land McDyess, I think this championship caliber team would improve.

Completely agree if he gets rid of Scal and House for McDyess and Watson that's a great couple of upgrades. However, I'd like it better if he found a way to keep Eddie and perhaps ship POB out and maybe Big Baby too.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

Completely agree if he gets rid of Scal and House for McDyess and Watson that's a great couple of upgrades. However, I'd like it better if he found a way to keep Eddie and perhaps ship POB out and maybe Big Baby too.

I tried a couple of scenarios on RealGM trade checker and never could get anything (I wanted to give up) to work except Scal and House.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Earl Watson is terrible.  I want no part of him.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I have no problem with Watson, but I dont want to give up House for him.  I dont know why everyone undervalues House, everyone did it last year midseason, and then everyone wanted him back come playoff time.

...Not to mention, we did fine with House in the playoffs last year, so I dont understand what the worry would be this year.
Greg

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I tried a couple of scenarios on RealGM trade checker and never could get anything (I wanted to give up) to work except Scal and House.

Are you suggestin' we trade Scals?
That's the best idea I've heard in years.
Besides the "I've got a ring!" photo,
Scals hasn't got a lot goin' for him!

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I have no problem with Watson, but I dont want to give up House for him.  I dont know why everyone undervalues House, everyone did it last year midseason, and then everyone wanted him back come playoff time.

...Not to mention, we did fine with House in the playoffs last year, so I dont understand what the worry would be this year.
You saved me some typing TP to you for making my point about House . I am not the biggest Scal fan but he has more value than some give him credit for.Sometimes we have a short memory when a player does well for the team.Last season when KG was hurt Scalabrine played very good until KG returned.You never know when a situation like that might occur(not wishing any bad luck on any player)but stuff happens.Not only could he replace the 4spot in need but the 5 in some spots. Scal is a veteran now and during the course of a season his value comes to light.

We need Bigs more than a pg or smaller players.Why dump a Big who is servicable if we need him to be?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 04:45:29 PM by housecall »

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 04:28:04 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Watson is terrible.  Pruitt is much better.  Why acquire a player who isn't good enough to crack your top 12?

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

terrible is a bit harsh. veal is terrible. watson's a proven defender, at the very least. 

why not keep house and trade scal, cassell and giddens on the 15th of december (or whenever cassell can be traded)? then sign sam back after he's cut and 30 days passes.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

terrible is a bit harsh. veal is terrible. watson's a proven defender, at the very least. 

why not keep house and trade scal, cassell and giddens on the 15th of december (or whenever cassell can be traded)? then sign sam back after he's cut and 30 days passes.

If the #'s work, I'd be for that trade. But only if Watson was the backup point and House was the backup shooting guard.

Larry Bird