Author Topic: Adam Morrison  (Read 14004 times)

Re: Adam Morrison
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 09:22:01 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Morrison sucks of defense even more than Scalabrine sucks on offense.

i think your discounting the power of his ladie killing mustache to this trade  ;)

plus, he can be our "emo bench leader" and tear up whenever the going gets rough!

seriously though....no thanks. that kid stinks.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The Celts don't need him, but I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good 6th man eventually.  His shooting percentages will greatly improve, and he can put up points in a hurry when he's on.  He'll never live up to his draft status, but why do people give players such as Pruitt, Baby, and O'Bryant so much time to improve but assume Morrison has reached his potential after one year?  He'll improve.

Because of his draft position and media hype coming out of college. It has raised expectations to an unfair level for a guy who was probably more accurately ranked and drafted in the 20's or lower. Believe it or not, there were some out there who were doing the 'what if he is the next Larry Bird' line for a while. ::)

Draft position is also part of the reason POB was getting bashed when we first signed him. 8)

The problem is people are posting he will be out of the league in 2 years. Why should draft position make any difference as to whether he will still be in the league?

People wither just like hyperbole, or get overwhelmed by their feelings for players.

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The Celts don't need him, but I think he'll turn out to be a pretty good 6th man eventually.  His shooting percentages will greatly improve, and he can put up points in a hurry when he's on.  He'll never live up to his draft status, but why do people give players such as Pruitt, Baby, and O'Bryant so much time to improve but assume Morrison has reached his potential after one year?  He'll improve.

Because of his draft position and media hype coming out of college. It has raised expectations to an unfair level for a guy who was probably more accurately ranked and drafted in the 20's or lower. Believe it or not, there were some out there who were doing the 'what if he is the next Larry Bird' line for a while. ::)

Draft position is also part of the reason POB was getting bashed when we first signed him. 8)

The problem is people are posting he will be out of the league in 2 years. Why should draft position make any difference as to whether he will still be in the league?
People wither just like hyperbole, or get overwhelmed by their feelings for players.

GW, I am not a huge Morrison fan. I was answering a question for Moiso about why Morrision didnt get the same 'Benefit of the Doubt' and patience with regard to developmental time as Pruitt, BBD, etc. My opinion was that he, like many others including POB, are held to a higher standard because of draft position.

If Morrison was drafted at 2, 5, 12, 26 or 40 has nothing to do with how long he stays in the league or if he is a bust. That is on him and his ability to play in the league.

The same applied to Gerald Green and Sebastian Telfar. They were held to a higher degree of scrutiny because of draft position and media hype. Telfair just starting to prove he belongs in the league and may have a home in Minny. Gerald with his third team and struggling to stay in the league at all. If they were drafted in the 2nd round, no one would have expected them to be stars and if they didnt make it, no one would be making news or talking about it.

The same standard should apply to Morrison. Does it? 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2008, 11:13:40 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I actually like several elements of Morrison's game. Defense would not be one of those elements.

Biggest negative is he's a diabetic. VERY dicey chronic ailment for a professional player.

Given the bench we have now, he would be a definite plus. Doesn't meet the need for a banging 5, but that shooting interests me a bit.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."