Author Topic: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston  (Read 6356 times)

Re: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2019, 09:52:31 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The question with Tatum is how much is he is slumping, and how much has the league figured him out. One can change easily enough. The other will take some evolution in his game. It seems to me both are happening, but this is more about teams figuring him out.

He makes some beautiful moves, but he's pretty predictable, and better defenders are now is forcing him to go left and backing off when he goes into his crossover routine.

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2019, 09:57:29 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tatum issue is the same as the young lakers...he feels his days in Boston are coming to an end and he will be traded to NO. It has totally wrecked him.

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
OP is trolling?

I believe he's vacationing right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2019, 10:39:34 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Wow a guy going through a sophomore slump on a team that is under performing expectations and has gone through more drama then any team that I can remember in years. Who would have thought.  This team in total has been a big disappointment.  Very few of them are living up the expectations.  I would say Al and Smart have been consistent all year.  Kyrie has performed but has brought so much drama to this team that it seems to have caused a divide in the locker room.  People are now calling out CBS because of it and the teams inconsistent play.  This team isn't meshing.  That is the problem.  Too much Drama, no togetherness etc.  The problems I see are Kyrie and his shots in the media towards CBS and the young players.  Guys like Mook who hasn't met a shot he doesn't like and a guy like Rozier thinking he deserves more playing time. 

I love Anthony Davis but I'm not among the majority that wants to mortgage the entire future for him.  If the C's can get him for Tatum, Smart, the clippers pick and their pick then I'm for it.  But if the C's have to move Tatum, Brown, Smart, WIlliams and 4 picks I will hate the deal for ever.  I want this team to contend for 10 years not for 3.

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2019, 10:42:39 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Lol I didn't even need to click the title without knowing this was @pistal47.

First this season was "hell" and essentially the worst in franchise history. Now it's this post. Next up is probably saying Ainge made a catastrophic mistake hiring Brad Stevens  ::)  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Early April Fools take on Jason Tatum? There is a huge multiple page list of 21 year old players who are already superstar status and have won championships, correct? Every GM in this league would die to have a player like Jason Tatum and he will be beyond better then fine when all is said and done. Same types of people who wanted Billups chased out after a bad start to his career. 21 years old and amazing player already. I truly feel like I am feeding the trolls with any type of response here. He is actually scoring more then last year, putting up better rebound numbers then last year and even increased his assist stats as well. Yes, lets cut him asap.  :-X

If only Danny would not have traded our first pick and simply taken Fultz like so many wanted. We would be so much better off with him and no Sacramento pick! Or maybe Ball would have been a better choice of our first pick or that stud, Jackson on the Suns- he is tearing it up as well.

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2019, 10:52:04 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
One thing that Tatum needs to stop doing though is to stop complaining to the referee after every perceived non-call. He's always the last guy running back in transition because he looks at the referee and waves his hands when he thinks he is fouled and didn't get the call. Newsflash - the referees suck. They aren't going to call fouls for you. Deal with it and get back on defense!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
One thing that Tatum needs to stop doing though is to stop complaining to the referee after every perceived non-call. He's always the last guy running back in transition because he looks at the referee and waves his hands when he thinks he is fouled and didn't get the call. Newsflash - the referees suck. They aren't going to call fouls for you. Deal with it and get back on defense!
this - TP.

waaaaay too much complaining about non-calls and it's affecting his defense.    can't remember the last time I saw him sprint ahead to get back on D after one of his misses.  let Brad do the complaining - that's part of his job.  besides, if the refs aren't calling fouls for Kyrie or Brown on their drives, they sure aren't going to call them for Tatum

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Good riddance loser, go be a cancer in another clubhouse on another team and regress even more.

You'll get your wish July 7th.

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
this - TP.

waaaaay too much complaining about non-calls and it's affecting his defense.    can't remember the last time I saw him sprint ahead to get back on D after one of his misses.  let Brad do the complaining - that's part of his job.  besides, if the refs aren't calling fouls for Kyrie or Brown on their drives, they sure aren't going to call them for Tatum

I hate to say it but most of the C's do this.  It's because of the lack of calls they actually get.  I am as big a Celtic Homer as anyone but when my wife is sitting watching the games with me and asks.   Why don't the refs call fouls for the Celtics it kind of justifies it because she does not watch the games and isn't a huge basketball fan. 

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2019, 11:23:45 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
this - TP.

I hate to say it but most of the C's do this.  It's because of the lack of calls they actually get.  I am as big a Celtic Homer as anyone but when my wife is sitting watching the games with me and asks.   Why don't the refs call fouls for the Celtics it kind of justifies it because she does not watch the games and isn't a huge basketball fan.

Agree but when they start complaining it takes them out of the game and it's usually a transition situation that we pay for. When has complaining to the referees ever resulted in an overturned call? Never. Or if you want to apply mental pressure on the referee to give you more calls don't let it affect your defense.

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2019, 11:33:50 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
OP wouldn't last a single day with this take on Reddit, lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2019, 12:01:37 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
OP wouldn't last a single day with this take on Reddit, lol.

I was thinking maybe it was a copypasta from there  :angel:

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2019, 12:08:59 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I’m still holding on to my high hopes, but he sure has looked more and more like a Rudy Gay type (who also had an excellent rookie season), rather than some sort of poor man’s Kevin Durant.

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2019, 12:10:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
this - TP.

Kyrie and Tatum are far worse than the others.  Brown rarely complains.  Hayward does occasionally.  Marcus usually does it with a smile.

Part of the problem is this: Tatum hasn't earned the respect of refs yet, he's too young.  Kyrie doesn't draw a lot of contact. Hayward seems to get the rawest deal in my eyes, but maybe he has to re-earn ref respect; he seems to be getting it more lately.  Smart is Smart.