Poll

After this season if it came down to it, would you choose to keep CBS or Irving?

Brad Stevens
22 (84.6%)
Kyrie Irving
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: If can only choose one to keep after this season - Stevens or Irving (poll)  (Read 9676 times)

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
lol I dont even have to look at names anymore to kinda know who is posting in support of Kyrie.
Kinda like I already know who it is when a new "Bash Kyrie" thread comes out. Let's not play this game and just commend everyone for stay consistent.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
lol I dont even have to look at names anymore to kinda know who is posting in support of Kyrie.
Kinda like I already know who it is when a new "Bash Kyrie" thread comes out. Let's not play this game and just commend everyone for stay consistent.

I also like how people have differing opinions otherwise this would just be one huge echo chamber. Though since people are so set in their opinions it is kind of like an echo chamber, only with 2 echoes  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I didn't have to think for a second.  Give me TR and Stevens over KI any day of the week!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I didn't have to think for a second.  Give me TR and Stevens over KI any day of the week!
I think I'd rather lose Kyrie if it meant Rozier never ever donned the Celtic uniform ever again than have both
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
In a vacuum, keep Kyrie. There are more good coaches than there are available stars who can do what Kyrie can do. Plus, Kyrie can help attract other stars, such as Davis.

Outside that vacuum, it depends on the circumstances. If Kyrie is pulling a Lebron and goes full coach-killer, I don’t think we can keep him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
With so much complaining about Stevens lately, I'm a bit surprised at the poll results. But I often am. Like how people would rather trade Jaylen than Smart in an AD deal or that like 90 something percent of people would still have signed Hayward to a max contract if they knew what was going to happen.

Anyway, I also think people are stuck on the idea that if we keep Kyrie, then we are forced to keep him forever. Frankly, I am not the biggest Kyrie fan in the world. I mean, he is really good and I am glad he is on our team, but if things didn't work out over the next year or two, I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for another superstar or young player who is slotted to be one.

I certainly don't want to lose Stevens either, but I just worry about losing our best player and best asset for nothing.

This argument is the best one for keeping Kyrie even if contention isn't especially likely (ie without an AD trade).

I guess what it comes down to for me is, all else being equal, I much prefer the Brad Stevens experience to the Kyrie Irving experience.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Let Kyrie sign wherever he wants. Then hope that blazers and Washington are finally gonna do full rebuild and trade for Lillard and Beal 😃

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This team is joyless. They look like it and I know I feel it. They are just so hard to cheer for. I can handle being sorry when you have no talent but this year feels like a total waste.

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
You never keep a player over a coach like CBS.  I love Kyrie but the perception is that a lot of the drama this year has been caused by him.  The Drama has caused a divide in the locker room.  The divide has caused chemistry issues with the team.  The lack of chemistry has created inconsistent play on the court.  This inconsistent play has caused this team not to even come close to meeting regular season expectations. 

I am not a Kyrie hater but the off season will tell what the truth is.  If Kyrie bolts or the C's don't offer him a contract we know what the deal is.  Kyrie vs CBS and the young players.  That is the perception the media has created but is it justified?  Only time will tell.  I loved the thought of having vets and young guys to develop to have a large window of contention but it seems you can't do both in this league.  Everyone wants their PT.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
You never keep a player over a coach like CBS.  I love Kyrie but the perception is that a lot of the drama this year has been caused by him.  The Drama has caused a divide in the locker room.  The divide has caused chemistry issues with the team.  The lack of chemistry has created inconsistent play on the court.  This inconsistent play has caused this team not to even come close to meeting regular season expectations. 

I am not a Kyrie hater but the off season will tell what the truth is.  If Kyrie bolts or the C's don't offer him a contract we know what the deal is.  Kyrie vs CBS and the young players.  That is the perception the media has created but is it justified?  Only time will tell.  I loved the thought of having vets and young guys to develop to have a large window of contention but it seems you can't do both in this league.  Everyone wants their PT.

Knowing business, horde mentality of Ainge

He would try to sign Irving.   Then if things dont workout after one more try

Trade him for assets

Ainge is cold blooded. He doesnt really care about this stuff

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

???

I think I'd tear the hair out of my head if we went through a full season with Rozier as the starting point guard for this team

Right now with Kyrie we are 43-31 (and should be better.)

Without Kyrie and with Rozier starting at the 1, we are probably 31-43 and probably looking at the 11th seed.

I think Terry has talent but I don't think he has the smarts to be a successful starting point guard in this league.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

???

I think I'd tear the hair out of my head if we went through a full season with Rozier as the starting point guard for this team

Right now with Kyrie we are 43-31 (and should be better.)

Without Kyrie and with Rozier starting at the 1, we are probably 31-43 and probably looking at the 11th seed.

I think Terry has talent but I don't think he has the smarts to be a successful starting point guard in this league.

Agreed; I'd rather have a mediocre but stable vet like Darren Collison or DJ Augustin than Rozier.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Agreed; I'd rather have a mediocre but stable vet like Darren Collison or DJ Augustin than Rozier.

Rozier's numbers as a starter this year are similar to Collison's. They're actually a little better than Collison's, but similar.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Rozier's numbers as a starter this year are similar to Collison's. They're actually a little better than Collison's, but similar.

But how many times have Collison or Augustine run into their own teammate while leading a fast break?

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

But how many times have Collison or Augustine run into their own teammate while leading a fast break?

6. 4 times for Collison and 2 for Augustine.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner