Author Topic: Kings (33-33) at Celtics (41-27) Game #69 3/14/19  (Read 23841 times)

Re: Kings (33-33) at Celtics (41-27) Game #69 3/14/19
« Reply #435 on: March 14, 2019, 10:11:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Alright - glad to get the win for us and loss for the Kings!  ;D

Those guys have a chance of being really good in the future - and I will be happy for them - but am happy to have them lose as many games as possible to finish out this year.

I don't mind the Kings taking down Golden State, Clippers, and Lakers on a daily basis. But yes, the Kings need to lose more just this year.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2019, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Glad to see Jaylen getting a bump in minutes.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Question for anybody who has watched more Kings ball than I have.

Fox has a rep as a very good defender, but we picked on him all night.  Was this just a tough game for him, or is his defense overrated?

« Reply #438 on: March 14, 2019, 10:15:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Question for anybody who has watched more Kings ball than I have.

Fox has a rep as a very good defender, but we picked on him all night.  Was this just a tough game for him, or is his defense overrated?

He plays the lanes well and reads passes, he's improved his man to man defense but he still has a ways to go. He's solid right now, he has a chance to be special as he matures on that end.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:40:38 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #439 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Early in the season we would have lost this game. That 3rd quarter run would have deflated everyone, and the body language would have sucked, and we would have limped out with an 8 pt loss.

We kept fighting in this one. The overall spirit of the team seems better even though we had some bad stretches tonight. And even so, the Kings are a good team now, we can't discount them.

« Reply #440 on: March 14, 2019, 10:28:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
The TIMELORD really gave The Celtics a shot of energy when he came into this game. He's a good matchup for these younger, faster, taller teams.

« Reply #441 on: March 14, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
thrilled with the win but the first quarter was a mess.   have to admit I almost lost my voice yelling at Baynes when he got that pass in the lane and he passed it out for a missed three pointer when he had an uncontested dunk.  thought for sure that would come back to bite us in the butt

« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2019, 10:40:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
thrilled with the win but the first quarter was a mess.   have to admit I almost lost my voice yelling at Baynes when he got that pass in the lane and he passed it out for a missed three pointer when he had an uncontested dunk.  thought for sure that would come back to bite us in the butt

Yeah, alot of senseless passing at times. Another instance was when Horford was literally right in front of the basket and instead he tried passing it to Hayward which led to a turnover. Not sure why the Celts do that. They have a habit of making things more difficult than they need to be.

That's what was so impressive about Kyrie's game tonight. I know he missed some lay-ups and made some turnovers, but he knew exactly when to pass it and when to shoot it.

« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2019, 10:44:08 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
The TIMELORD really gave The Celtics a shot of energy when he came into this game. He's a good matchup for these younger, faster, taller teams.

RWIII did some nice things, and I would actually say this was one of his best outings. He still did a few rookie things -  forgetting to switch on a pick and roll, which gave up an uncontested layup; and going for a block a couple times when he should have been boxing out. Still, pretty good overall.

« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2019, 10:44:44 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Early in the season we would have lost this game. That 3rd quarter run would have deflated everyone, and the body language would have sucked, and we would have limped out with an 8 pt loss.

We kept fighting in this one. The overall spirit of the team seems better even though we had some bad stretches tonight. And even so, the Kings are a good team now, we can't discount them.

And two encouraging things I saw...Morris played a little more inside the perimeter tonight than he normally does. I wish he would do that more often. He's a big, muscular guy so he should be using his size instead of camping outside the 3 point line. Secondly, Jaylen Brown is playing with a little more confidence. I'd know he made 3 consecutive threes but I'd like to see Brad draw up some plays that center around Jaylen getting more touches and attacking the basket. That's more his skill set as he can be a streaky shooter (though tonight he had the midas touch.)

« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2019, 10:45:48 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
Glad to see Jaylen getting a bump in minutes.

And making the most of them!

Was Jayson still not feeling well? He barely saw the ball in the first half and played short minutes overall.

« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think as people, we have to expect maybe a slow first quarter. They were on the road for like 8 days. They had to spend 5 days in LA. Someone caught the flu and spread it through the team to the point two players played through it and 2 missed the game tonight. Tatum was coming back from a sore shoulder. Most everyone on the court in that first quarter were off/short on their shots and 3/4 of a step slower.

They got it out of their system and went on to win the next three quarters by 19 points. Good job.

« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

RWIII did some nice things, and I would actually say this was one of his best outings. He still did a few rookie things -  forgetting to switch on a pick and roll, which gave up an uncontested layup; and going for a block a couple times when he should have been boxing out. Still, pretty good overall.

He does make mistakes but he always plays hard and his presence in the paint changes how the other team attacks the basket. He is just so big and quick that he gives the Celtics a totally different look. I love him on the court with Horford.

« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2019, 10:51:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, alot of senseless passing at times. Another instance was when Horford was literally right in front of the basket and instead he tried passing it to Hayward which led to a turnover. Not sure why the Celts do that. They have a habit of making things more difficult than they need to be.

That's what was so impressive about Kyrie's game tonight. I know he missed some lay-ups and made some turnovers, but he knew exactly when to pass it and when to shoot it.
yeah, that play by Al had me yelling at my TV too

« Reply #449 on: March 14, 2019, 10:58:50 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

He does make mistakes but he always plays hard and his presence in the paint changes how the other team attacks the basket. He is just so big and quick that he gives the Celtics a totally different look. I love him on the court with Horford.

He’s tantalizing. Shows a lot of potential. Really hoping he can put it together. Really wondering what he can be in a couple years with some good development.