Author Topic: Idea: Childress  (Read 1090 times)

Idea: Childress
« on: December 31, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
http://www.sunherald.com/2012/12/29/4380270/nets-waive-f-childress.html

anybody interested in Josh Childress? He was just waived by the Nets and fits the "threes and D" formula that has worked for the Cs in the past. He at the very least is a better perimeter defender than what we are currently throwing out there...

Re: Idea: Childress
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
anybody interested in Josh Childress? He was just waived by the Nets and fits the "threes and D" formula that has worked for the Cs in the past.

Can't play D and can't shoot 3's.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
anybody interested in Josh Childress? He was just waived by the Nets and fits the "threes and D" formula that has worked for the Cs in the past.

Can't play D and can't shoot 3's.

I actually haven't seen him play since coming back from overseas, but he definitely could do both of those things....

I don't know of major injury problems, so I see no reason he couldn't come in and be a defender...as for 3s, maybe it's a confidence thing. Would be an inexpensive experiment.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't know what happened to him, but Childress can't play any more.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Childress looked like the same old player in Phoenix as he did in Atlanta to me.

He just never was up to much. Childress was a garbage man wing player. A player who couldn't shoot, couldn't create his own shot and was a sub-par defender. The only things he did was rebound and score baskets around the rim. Garbage man.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Childress looked like the same old player in Phoenix as he did in Atlanta to me.

He just never was up to much. Childress was a garbage man wing player. A player who couldn't shoot, couldn't create his own shot and was a sub-par defender. The only things he did was rebound and score baskets around the rim. Garbage man.

Childress was a valuable rotation player in his Atlanta days, though.  He was a decent rebounder, and a very efficient finisher (three straight years averaging 10+ points and 50%+ shooting; 12 points and 57% shooting his last year in Atlanta).

He wasn't a huge impact player, but he's a guy who could fill a role.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 08:31:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Unless Childress wakes up tomorrow and is 6'11" and can play center, I say we pass. We need a big ma, not another wing or guard.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 08:47:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Childress was a valuable rotation player in his Atlanta days, though.  He was a decent rebounder, and a very efficient finisher (three straight years averaging 10+ points and 50%+ shooting; 12 points and 57% shooting his last year in Atlanta).

He wasn't a huge impact player, but he's a guy who could fill a role.

Childress wasn't valuable. He just put up good numbers.

Childress was never the type of player a quality team would (or at least should) pursue as a part of their regular rotation. Too limited a basketball player. He was always destined to be one of those guys that put up good numbers on bad to mediocre teams but couldn't hack it on a top notch basketball team.

His skill-set was just too limited. When you are a wing who can't shoot, can't create your own offense and are a dodgy defender ... it's very hard to positively impact games at the highest level.

That has always been Childress' problem and it still is.