Author Topic: 2nd Round Game 7 Cavs at Celtics 5/18 3:30 PM ABC  (Read 65125 times)

2nd Round Game 7 Cavs at Celtics 5/18 3:30 PM ABC
« on: May 17, 2008, 04:16:48 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 

Cleveland Cavaliers (3-3) at Boston Celtics (3-3)
Round 2 Game 7
Sunday, May 18
3:30 PM ET
TV:  ABC
TD Banknorth Garden

Probable Starting Lineup

Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins

Off the Bench
 James Posey,  Leon Powe,  Sam Cassell, PJ Brown, Big Baby Davis, Tony Allen, Eddie House 

Inactive:  Brian Scalabrine,  Gabe Pruitt

Injury Report
Scott Pollard, ankle, out

Probable Starting Lineup

Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak, LeBron James, Ben Wallace, Zydrunas Ilgauskas 

Off the Bench
 Joe Smith, Devin Brown, Anderson Varejao,  Sasha Pavlovic,  Damon Jones, Dwayne Jones

Inactive:  Lance Allred, Billy Thomas

Injury Report
Eric Snow, ankle, out
Daniel Gibson, shoulder, out

Key Matchups
  vs 
Rajon Rondo vs Delonte West
Rondo was the star of game 5 but virtually disappeared in game 6.  The Celtics will need Rondo to be aggressive on both ends of the court.  His defense on Delonte was one of the reasons the Cavs struggled in game 5 and they will need that from him again in this game.  He also has to be aggressive on the offensive end to keep the defenses from slacking off him to double on others. 

vs 
Ray Allen vs Wally Szczerbiak
The Celtics need Ray Allen to find his shot.  They need him to get going to jump start their faltering offense.   Ray also has to stay at home on Wally on defense to prevent him from hitting the big 3's capable of changing the momentum in the game. 

Honorable Mention
Paul Pierce vs LeBron James
Pierce will need to continue to play tough one on one defense on LeBron but he also has to be more aggressive on the offensive end in taking the ball to the basket and make LeBron work more on defense as well.   

Keys to the Game
Rebound  This is a big key as when the Celtics get more rebounds they win and when they don't, they lose.  The Celtics must do a better job to keep the Cavs off the offensive boards as second chance points were killing the Celtics in game 5.  Rebounding is effort and desire and the Celtics will need both if they want to win this game and advance. 

Ball Movement  The Celtics must move the ball and find the open man to get open shots.  But then , they must make those shots.  The Celtics haven't been able to score and this could be a result of being tired and not having the legs under them for jumpers.  They have to be more aggressive in going to the hoop and trying to get the ball inside. 

Defense    They couldn't ask for better defense than to hold the Cavs to 33% as they did in game 5 and they will need to continue to play tough team defense to keep the rest of the team from beating them even if LeBron is playing well.   Hopefully a good defense will key a better offense. 

Play 48 Minutes  The Celtics have played well in spurts in some games but to win this game, they must play well for all 48 minutes.  They have to come out aggressive from the start and not let up.  The bench needs to play well to give the starters some rest and the starters can't let up when they get a lead.  The Cavs are too dangerous to spot a lead or to allow them to come back when they are down. 

Coaching   Doc needs to make adjustments to overcome the problems scoring that the Celtics have had in this series.  He made a good decision to play Eddie House instead of Sam in game 6 and needs to play House again in this game.  The ball movement stops when Sam is running the point and the offense keeps moving when Eddie is in.  It is very puzzling that Doc hasn't played Leon in the past 2 games.  He has played very well in the playoffs and has earned the minutes.  Doc's decision to play Big Baby down the stretch in game 6 is questionable at best. 

X-Factor
Home Court Advantage and

Re: 2nd Round Game 7 Cavs at Celtics 5/18 3:30 PM ABC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
tp for that.. definitely x factor

the games really early T_T i hope i can stay awake.. 3:30pm est is 3:30 am here  :(

GO CELTS.. we're better than cleveland.. now show em that we are!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:26:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The bright side of a do-or-die game .... KG is actually going to make quick moves in the post. And he's going to look for his shot a lot more. KG is going to have a very good game.

It's his night to win or lose.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 10:32:30 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
im gona take a quote from my school, ateneo de manila university blue eagles and kinda make a minor rewording

"win or lose its the team we choose"

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 12:48:40 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Game 7 Officials

Home Team W/L
Ken Mauer                   44-37
Eddie Rush                 50-22
Bennett Salvatore       50-24

Celtics Home W/L     
Ken Mauer                   6-1
Eddie Rush                 3-0
Bennett Salvatore       2-0

Just some stats to help calm my nerves. Thankfully Vegas has confidence in us also as they have made us 8pt favorites.(I DO believe we will win but admittedly I wouldn't lay the 8pts!) Hopefully the home-cooking trend takes precedent over league "royalty". LETS GO CELTICS!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 12:58:41 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
tp for that.. definitely x factor

the games really early T_T i hope i can stay awake.. 3:30pm est is 3:30 am here  :(

Kumusta RockinRyA! Just wondering how you watch the games over there. I stayed here, while my wife & daughter went on 4 week vacation to PI, in fear I'd miss the C's in the playoffs. Anyway I'm too spoiled with HD. 

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
espn reporting today that the Celtics' saturday practice was very loose - lots of joking and playing, supposedly because of the team's "confidence" from winning the Atl game 7.

they also reported that the practice before the Atl game 7 was very tense with players actually yelling at each other.

based on how well the Celts played that Atl game 7 - i'd rather they had a tense practice than having Pierce/Sam playing a loud, "boisterous" one-on-one game and Ray Allen sitting nearby eating a sandwich watching a golf tournament on tv.

i do not like the sound of this.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
As I was woke up, a saturday morning and the light shining after a long day of rain.  I greet my roomate as I enter the living room and he starts talking about his night.  Then Sportscenter comes on and there's a little bit about the Celtics loss, and I express my disgust that they had won.  I mourn and tell them how I go on state of denial.  As I am expressing these emotions that are still too fresh in my mind, I receive a phone call.

The call was from a friend of mine.  He asks me if I saw the game.  I tell them yes and how disappointed I was.  Then he asks me, "do you wanna go to the game?"  I reply with, "sure, that would be a good game to go to."  "Yeah, and do you wanna go?"

And I was in disbelief.  Was he actually asking me to go?  He tells me, "I went stayed in line and got tickets, and I figure you'd be the best person to bring.  A diehard fan that will truly appreciate it."

At this point I was humping the couch while my roomate looked at me with a questioned look.  I was so excited!  And now here I am in Sommerville, getting ready to go to the game.  Extremely pumped up!!!

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 01:06:44 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
im fine, ty ^_^ well i watch it on espn if they show it.. if not then i try it on the local networks.. if not then i watch it on my friend's house who has a different cable

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 01:28:27 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Go Celtics
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 02:43:59 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
Pregame report

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3401922

How can I get this video embed?

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 02:55:10 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
As I was woke up, a saturday morning and the light shining after a long day of rain.  I greet my roomate as I enter the living room and he starts talking about his night.  Then Sportscenter comes on and there's a little bit about the Celtics loss, and I express my disgust that they had won.  I mourn and tell them how I go on state of denial.  As I am expressing these emotions that are still too fresh in my mind, I receive a phone call.

The call was from a friend of mine.  He asks me if I saw the game.  I tell them yes and how disappointed I was.  Then he asks me, "do you wanna go to the game?"  I reply with, "sure, that would be a good game to go to."  "Yeah, and do you wanna go?"

And I was in disbelief.  Was he actually asking me to go?  He tells me, "I went stayed in line and got tickets, and I figure you'd be the best person to bring.  A diehard fan that will truly appreciate it."

At this point I was humping the couch while my roomate looked at me with a questioned look.  I was so excited!  And now here I am in Sommerville, getting ready to go to the game.  Extremely pumped up!!!

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

LOL...Miracle ticket, you lucky monkey... Now GO, and get noisy!!!! :)

I love the drama of a game "Lucky 7" at home... :)

-Go Celtics-
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
We've got this! This is still our year and I believe it. We've been setting records all year long and we're going to set another with a only home wins title.

I've had an amazing year both personally and with the Celtics success and the Cavs ain't messing that up.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 03:04:15 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We've got this! This is still our year and I believe it. We've been setting records all year long and we're going to set another with a only home wins title. <snip>

Nah, we'll win in Detroit...but first we've gotta take care of business here.  Go C's!

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
We've got this! This is still our year and I believe it. We've been setting records all year long and we're going to set another with a only home wins title. <snip>

Nah, we'll win in Detroit...but first we've gotta take care of business here.  Go C's!

A Game 3 win in Detroit would be a nice first road win! I agree.