Author Topic: Trade Idea for Pau  (Read 4442 times)

Re: Trade Idea for Pau
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'd rather be shot in the foot than see pierce on the lakers

No you wouldn't.

I don't think Doc is married to the idea of small-ball.  He's just adapting the best available talent.

You know I'm not so sure. It's possible that our bigs are so bad that he doesn't want to play them even if we're being crushed on the glass. So far this season it seems as though Doc is married to the small ball philosophy.

As for depth concerns, I think we'll end up with an 8 or 9 man rotation in the playoffs,  and 7 spots would be taken care of with Rondo/AB/Pierce/KG/Pau/JET/Sully (or Wilcox).

That makes our bench look a ton like the Lakers does now actually. Think Jet/Jamison for scoring threats and Sullinger/Hill for rebounding/energy. It thins us out, which I'm not against necessarily, but it makes injuries a much bigger deal.

As I believe I mentioned in the OP, I would look to follow up the trade with an acquisition of a quick 4 like Kenyon Martin, which would free up Sully or Wilcox for use in a smaller trade to add a back-up wing with size (if no quality free agents are available).

I like Martin. I wonder if KG does. I also like the idea of moving Sully for a backup wing player if the wing is really good. I think we need to sell high on Sully. It would be a shame to get a backup SF out of such a huge draft heist. Wilcox isn't worth much I don't think and I personally like him for this team.

Anyways, I would happily trade away quality 7th-10th men for an all-star level starter.  As others have pointed out, the main obstacle to my trade proposal is the Lakers prospects of getting more for Pau (or just keeping him), not the Celtics loss of depth.

I think I would too after thinking about it for a day or so. I have posted a couple "trade for Pau" threads in the last year because I think he is a top NBA talent and it seems like LA has been trying to move him since they won their last title. If we could get him without Trading our core 3 and Bradley I'd do it. It would seriously shake up the team but I'd risk it I think.