Author Topic: Kings and Celtics trade idea - Mclemore/WCS to Celtics  (Read 3321 times)

Re: Kings and Celtics trade idea - Mclemore/WCS to Celtics
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2015, 07:27:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
why would the Kings give up Mclemore and  WCS for nothing?

These are the same kind of reaction I remember seeing for Harrison Barnes trade idea a few seasons ago.

Mclemore is playing in a broken system.  He is not a guy that can carry a club , if he was, the Kings would not trade him

But I feel in a stable environment, he will become a very good player

AB is AB.  He has been decent for the past several seasons. He is going to have his downs soon enough. He is a solid 2 guard but undersized.   

Sullinger wants a big payday and I doubt Danny will give him the money he wants.

So either wait for a miracle (perfect trade scenario, where a Harrison Barnes is available) or take a chance on a super athlete  that CBS can mold into a top notch player

You keep comparing McLemore and Barnes and I'm not sure why. Barnes has great size/strength for a 3 and during the Warriors small ball/closing time lineups plays the 4. McLemore is a 6-5/195 shooting guard.

People fall in love with McLemore because he has a smooth looking shot, good athleticism, and nice size for a 2 guard. In other words, he's the prototypical 2 guard on paper. However, that's on paper. The truth is that he has low basketball IQ, poor ball handling (both handles and passing), bad shot selection, moves poorly without the ball, isn't a great finisher at the rim despite his athleticism, isn't a good defender, and doesn't a good feel for the game.

Bradley is only 2 years older than McLemore and is 2 times the player. Plus, he's locked up on a team friendly deal.

1. You think AB had high BBIQ from the start? Or was even a competent player?  He has developed into a solid player today. But he will always be an undersized SG .

2. Mclemore is not 195 pounds.  RJ Hunter is 195. Mclemore is alot beefier than that.  He is 6'5 but so is Jimmy Butler who plays SF half the time for the Bulls.   

3. Mclemore has been known for his strong defensive play from college ball.  Playing for the Kings his defense has suffered. 

4. With having Marcus Smart, Rozier, Hunter AB is expandable. IT is definitely more valuable because of his ability to create offense.

2. McLemore is listed as 195. If you have access to anything tangible other than what you believe then please share. Comparing him to Butler is pretty laughable. But to be accurate, Butler is listed at 6-7/220.

Precisely.

I am seriously awestruck by how many times people on this forum quote blatantly incorrect height/weight/length measures and try to pass it off as fact.

I just find it irritating because the actually measurements are out there and can easily be found with a simple 30 second google search.  I honestly feel that if you are THAT lazy that you can't be bothered making a 30 second google search to confirm your 'fact' before posting it, then don't bother posting.

Not aiming that at any specific individuals since we all make mistakes sometimes, but considering how often it happens here it's just frustrating.

I've lost count of the number of times people have tried to say Avery Bradley is 6'2", Marcus Smart is 6'2", etc.

The worst part is that it always seems to go against our players.  When people misquote the size of our guys, they always end up shrinking a couple of inches...and opposing players always seem to end up growing a couple of inches.

In this specific case, Jimmy Butler measured at 6'7.75" at the Draft Combine in 2011 - meaning he is actually closer to 6'8" than he is to 6'7".  I seriously doubt he has shrunk since that day (if anything he's more likely to have grown) so to say he is 6'5" is not even remotely close to reality.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:11:31 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2015, 01:10:04 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
why would the Kings give up Mclemore and  WCS for nothing?

These are the same kind of reaction I remember seeing for Harrison Barnes trade idea a few seasons ago.

Mclemore is playing in a broken system.  He is not a guy that can carry a club , if he was, the Kings would not trade him

But I feel in a stable environment, he will become a very good player

AB is AB.  He has been decent for the past several seasons. He is going to have his downs soon enough. He is a solid 2 guard but undersized.   

Sullinger wants a big payday and I doubt Danny will give him the money he wants.

So either wait for a miracle (perfect trade scenario, where a Harrison Barnes is available) or take a chance on a super athlete  that CBS can mold into a top notch player

You keep comparing McLemore and Barnes and I'm not sure why. Barnes has great size/strength for a 3 and during the Warriors small ball/closing time lineups plays the 4. McLemore is a 6-5/195 shooting guard.

People fall in love with McLemore because he has a smooth looking shot, good athleticism, and nice size for a 2 guard. In other words, he's the prototypical 2 guard on paper. However, that's on paper. The truth is that he has low basketball IQ, poor ball handling (both handles and passing), bad shot selection, moves poorly without the ball, isn't a great finisher at the rim despite his athleticism, isn't a good defender, and doesn't a good feel for the game.

Bradley is only 2 years older than McLemore and is 2 times the player. Plus, he's locked up on a team friendly deal.

You think AB had high BBIQ from the start? Or was even a competent player?  He has developed into a solid player today. But he will always be an undersized SG .

Mclemore is not 195 pounds.  RJ Hunter is 195. Mclemore is alot beefier than that.  He is 6'5 but so is Jimmy Butler who plays SF half the time for the Bulls.   

Mclemore has been known for his strong defensive play from college ball.  Playing for the Kings his defense has suffered. 

With having Marcus Smart, Rozier, Hunter AB is expandable. IT is definitely more valuable because of his ability to create offense.

McLemore’s 6’3 without shoes according to Jeff Goodman’s conversation with him. 189 pounds per DraftExpress pre-draft video, 195 now per BB-reference. I was slightly heavier at his age at the same height and no one would ever consider me beefy.

Defensively, Draft Express said of him pre-draft:

- Should be much better defender than he is at this stage
- Allows far too much penetration considering his physical tool
- Too upright on defense, doesn’t always pressure the ball
- Loses his man off the ball – has trouble staying locked in

With SAC he has a defensive rating of 110 and a Defensive Block +/- of -2.7, 10th worst and 9th worst, respectively on a SAC team that is 26th in defensive rating per BB-reference. BM’s poorer on defense than his team.

His biggest problem, however, is that he has a poor handle and cannot create his own shot and turns the ball over a lot. He is a standstill shooter when not in transition and despite a decent TS%, he’s got a low PER. He’s below average on assists and rebounds too.

He also has a Defensive Real Plus Minus score of -1.54 (61st among SG) and Offensive Real Plus Minus of -1.61 (64th among SG).

His combined over Real Plus Minus of -3.15 is good for 73rd among all NBA Shooting Guards.

By comparison Avery Bradley's numbers, and rank among Shooting Guards:

ORPM: +1.99 (= 6th)
DRPM: -0.83 (23rd)
RPM: +1.16 (7th)

Honestly I like WCS and I think he has some quality potential, and I think McLemore could one day be a decent (not going further than that) player.

But there are at least three assets listed in this deal (Sully, Bradley, Brooklyn 1st) which, on their own, are at least as valuable as WCS and McLemore put together.

As somebody else suggested, this is the kinda deal you throw at the Kings if you want Demarcus Cousins, or the type of deal you throw at New York for Carmelo Anthony.  This is a "snap up a superstar" deal.  The Kings would have to consider trading Cousins if they got this offer - after Ainge's recent comments (about 'cost' of acquiring big stars) I'm actually not convinced Ainge would say yet.

To make this offer for WCS and McLemore?  Wow.  Just wow.  We could probably get WCS for the Nets pick on it's own..and I'd still say no.

I also don't get the whole claim about Brooklyn's pick looking less valueable now.  Why?  We are almost a quarter of the way through the season now and Brooklyn are 5-14.  Their 0.263% win percentage is good for 4th last in the NBA, and their point differential is good for 6th last. To make matters worse they have been almost completely healthy all season, so this is well and truly the best case scenario.

So based on their current trajectory, that Brooklyn pick projects to fall top 6, and a top 6 pick on it's on has similar value to WCS. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:27:57 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2015, 07:32:46 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Danny has wanted this guy from day 1. I still think like Harrison Barnes he has untapped potential and needs to play for a better team. 

The Kings have talented played but need better leaders on their team.  Guys willing to do some dirty work. 

Trade idea

To Kings: Sullinger, Jerebko, Zeller, Turner, AB, Nets 1st round pick, future 1st, 2 2nds
To Celtics: Mclemore, WCS, Moreland, Curry

Kings lineup

Cousins
Sullinger
Gay
AB
Rondo

Koufus
Jerebko/Zeller
Turner
Belinelli
Collison

Celtics lineup

Amir
KO
Mclemore
Smart
IT

Lee
WCS/Mickey
Crowder
Hunter/Young
Rozier/Curry

why Kings do the trade: Add maturity to the lineup.  Sullinger and AB would be a nice boost. Turner, Jerebko, Zeller are solid additions to the bench.

why Celtics do the trade:  Nets are playing strong basketball for their pick to be anywhere near as good as we expect it to be.  Mclemore and WCS are players danny has been eyeing since day 1.  Mclemore has all star potential.  Similar player to Harrison Barnes , and in the right environment could become a very nice player.  WCS has ways to go, but in time could be a defensive force

You do realize Bradley and Sullinger are our 2nd and 3rd best player if not 1st and 2nd best players on our team right now.  So you're willing to trade them and draft picks for WCS who I love but never hear about with the Kings and a players who's been bad this year.  Are we trying to tank? 

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny has wanted this guy from day 1. I still think like Harrison Barnes he has untapped potential and needs to play for a better team. 

The Kings have talented played but need better leaders on their team.  Guys willing to do some dirty work. 

Trade idea

To Kings: Sullinger, Jerebko, Zeller, Turner, AB, Nets 1st round pick, future 1st, 2 2nds

Kings lineup

Cousins
Sullinger
Gay
AB
Rondo

Koufus
Jerebko/Zeller
Turner
Belinelli
Collison

Celtics lineup

Amir
KO
Mclemore
Smart
IT

Lee
WCS/Mickey
Crowder
Hunter/Young
Rozier/Curry

why Kings do the trade: Add maturity to the lineup.  Sullinger and AB would be a nice boost. Turner, Jerebko, Zeller are solid additions to the bench.

why Celtics do the trade:  Nets are playing strong basketball for their pick to be anywhere near as good as we expect it to be.  Mclemore and WCS are players danny has been eyeing since day 1.  Mclemore has all star potential.  Similar player to Harrison Barnes , and in the right environment could become a very nice player.  WCS has ways to go, but in time could be a defensive force

You do realize Bradley and Sullinger are our 2nd and 3rd best player if not 1st and 2nd best players on our team right now.  So you're willing to trade them and draft picks for WCS who I love but never hear about with the Kings and a players who's been bad this year.  Are we trying to tank?

Sullinger and AB are not our 2nd/3rd best players on the team.

Sullinger?? Amir has been just as valuable. Especially with his ability to guard the rim.

Smart has been just as valuable as AB

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Trade idea

Kings lineup

Cousins
Sullinger
Gay
AB
Rondo

Koufus
Jerebko/Zeller
Turner
Belinelli
Collison

Celtics lineup

Amir
KO
Mclemore
Smart
IT

Lee
WCS/Mickey
Crowder
Hunter/Young
Rozier/Curry

Sullinger?? Amir has been just as valuable. Especially with his ability to guard the rim.

Sullinger and AB are my least favorite players on the team along with Turner....That being said this above statement just isn't true.

Smart can't be as valuable as AB has when he can't stay on the floor. And Amir has come around as of late and played average or around it for most of the season. AB and Sully have both played well above average and are both in Bostons top 3. Even the biggest of their hateclub can't deny that fact.

This trade is absurd. Its way too overboard and way too much to give up for what you want in return. I wouldn't trade aB and Sully straight up for Mc and WCS. Let alone all the other assets that have been added.

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14

Trade idea

Kings lineup

Cousins
Sullinger
Gay
AB
Rondo

Koufus
Jerebko/Zeller
Turner
Belinelli
Collison

Celtics lineup

Amir
KO
Mclemore
Smart
IT

Lee
WCS/Mickey
Crowder
Hunter/Young
Rozier/Curry

Simple stats this year.  Plus eye test Sullinger is the better player out of these two. 
Sullinger
MPG:25.1
PPG:10.3
FG%:.447
RPG:8.9
APG:2.6
BPG:0.9
SPG:1.0
TOV:1.3

Johnson
MPG:23.6
PPG:7.6
FG%:.538
RPG:6.1
APG:1.8
BPG:1.2
SPG:0.8

Smart has less games and I'll take Bradley because can score and shoot the 3 this year.  In long term plan Smart more value, but who's the better player right now Bradley but a big margin.

Bradley
MPG:30.5
PPG:16.4
FG%:.471
RPG:2.5
APG:2.0
BPG:0.3
SPG:1.8

Smart
MPG:29.1
PPG:9.8
FG%:.333
RPG:3.8
APG:3.2
BPG:0.3
SPG:1.8

These are just basic stats but figure just to give these to you.  Plus if you just watch the games besides IT, who truly sticks out watching more.  Besides these two, maybe Crowder with these two.