Author Topic: IDEA: Pacers/Celtics  (Read 3326 times)

Re: IDEA: Pacers/Celtics
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 11:09:15 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I personally wouldn't make this trade.

Danny Granger hasn't been able to stay healthy at all the last couple years.

I'd rather see what Gerald can do.

All things equal, I'd take Wallace over Granger any day of the week.

NOW what I WOULD do is I would see if the Pacers would take Brandon Bass for a sign/trade of Tyler Hansborough.

Very confused why you wouldn't make this trade. Even if Granger never played a mintue for the Cs your shedding an aweful contract. This team is going no where with Wallace on it (even though I've been a long time Wallace fan) as for the rest of the deal bass may be a slightly better overall player but he makes 3 mill more for the same years and plays the same roll Sully and KO will play on this team. Indiana would never do it but from a Celts point of view I dnt see how you wouldn't love that deal. As for Physco T we just drafted our white PF for the future so no thanx.

You are thinking in terms of just dumping salary. I am thinking in terms of the quality of players.

I am not a Danny Granger fan. Never have been and never will be. Personally, I prefer players to you know, actually play ;D

As for G-Wallace, I think he REALLY just needs Celtics fans to give him a chance. Before he got to that rinky-dinky Brooklyn operation, he was an exceptional player with Charlotte and Portland. Tough defensive player.

Now regarding your statement about having already drafted "our white PF for the future," I am really not sure what that means.

Usually, NBA teams have more than one power forward so if there's a limit on how many forwards a team can have, I am not aware of it. I like Hansborough because (like Wallace) is a tough defensive player who gets under the opposition's skin.

Others are looking at the Celtics from a standpoint of
"let's just see how we can gut this roster and save money" where I am judging it from the quality of the players we have.

First while I do believe that Wallace will do better for this Celtics team. I think it is unfair to
Say that since he was good on Charlotte three years ago that he will be able to regain that form at his current age (32). While a very talented player he relied heavily on his athletisim which allowed him to cause havoc on the defensive end and in transitions. Guy was a force on a fantasy team. But as his athletisim wains so does his game. He's grossly overpaid and just don't see the fit on a rebuilding team. Obviously if you want the celts to be semi competive this year than he will help. However what is his long term value to this team since he is signed for three more years?

Obviously there is no limits on PF but they hve spent there last two 1st round picks on PF. Mintues at PF should be used to develop those two.

And I'm not sure it's fair too just dismiss the idea of shedding cap. Especially in the case of Wallace who's on such a bad deal.

All in all tho it's a moot point since INdiana would no make this trade

You don't think so? Maybe not swapping Mahimi with Bass but I think if they could unload Granger for Wallace, they would do it.

I get the expiring contract part, but doesn't Indy already have a lot of money tied up regardless with Hibbert, West and George?

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 11:23:56 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Pacers seem inclined to see how Granger looks coming back from injury and moving him closer to the deadline as an expiring contract if they don't like what they see.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 11:25:42 PM »

Offline ABOS (A bit of Sanity)

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
If that's the case I hope DA calls them up tomorrow and swaps granger for Wallace. Pending Wallace not actully being on this team untill July 12.