Author Topic: Its 1:30 PM ET and I officially give up!  (Read 3325 times)

Its 1:30 PM ET and I officially give up!
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Anyone else with me? I'm tired of pressing F5, looking over my shoulder to see if someone is watching me as I check - ESPN, RealGm, Hoopsworld, Twitter pages, etc.
The Celtics will not make a move before the deadline, so I offically give up checking.

Anyone else joining me?

Re: Its 1:30 PM ET and I officially give up!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Anyone else with me? I'm tired of pressing F5, looking over my shoulder to see if someone is watching me as I check - ESPN, RealGm, Hoopsworld, Twitter pages, etc.
The Celtics will not make a move before the deadline, so I offically give up checking.

Anyone else joining me?

sorry bro my office door is closed and I'll be here to continue to spread and read rumors.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Anyone else joining me?

I'm with you, it's destroying my reading schedule for school at the moment. I should be reading contracts right now but instead im at the computer typing away.  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:40:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Anyone else joining me?

I'm with you, it's destroying my reading schedule for school at the moment. I should be reading contracts right now but instead im at the computer typing away.  ;D

* Even a peppercorn can be consideration.

* Contracts of adhesion generally aren't enforceable.

* Under the U.C.C., the court can write reasonable terms into a contract when they're left out.

* Contracts of more than one year, or related to real estate, must be in writing.

* Courts are hesitant to allow parole evidence to modify the clearly expressed writing of a contract.

* Substantial reliance can create equitable rights, although these technically aren't contractual.

There.  I just saved you a ton of reading.  Now, get back to the trade deadline blogging. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

Anyone else joining me?

* Under the U.C.C., the court can write reasonable terms into a contract when they're left out.

* Contracts of more than one year, or related to real estate, must be in writing.

* Courts are hesitant to allow parole evidence to modify the clearly expressed writing of a contract.

* Substantial reliance can create equitable rights, although these technically aren't contractual.

There.  I just saved you a ton of reading.  Now, get back to the trade deadline blogging. ;)

Now if you could sum up Crim Pro, Articles 2, 2A, 3, 4, 4A 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of the UCC, the Mass Rules of Civ Pro, and the IRS Code, I'd much appreciate it.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 01:54:56 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Anyone else joining me?

Now if you could sum up Crim Pro, Articles 2, 2A, 3, 4, 4A 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of the UCC, the Mass Rules of Civ Pro, and the IRS Code, I'd much appreciate it.

What do you want to know about the IRS code?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Haha. Yeah I gave up about 3 hours ago and watched the Dubai Open quarterfinals instead of staying glued to the computer. I'm about to take a nap now confident that nothing crazy will happen whilst I'm sleeping.  
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm retaking the AUD section of the CPA exam in 5 days.  Haven't got much done today.  Ugh...  :P

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton

Anyone else joining me?

All the exceptions to gross income.. Something, something discharge of indebtedness..

It's been a very unproductive day for me. I've been trying to  watch the NBA deadline, plan a ski trip, wait for my StarCraft II beta key, and outline for classes in that order.

I need some caffeine..

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 02:04:28 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'll give up in an hour or so...  :P

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 02:14:23 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Anyone else joining me?

All the exceptions to gross income.. Something, something discharge of indebtedness..

It's been a very unproductive day for me. I've been trying to  watch the NBA deadline, plan a ski trip, wait for my StarCraft II beta key, and outline for classes in that order.

I need some caffeine..

So you need a two sentence breakdown on items not included in gross income or the concept of "discharge of indebtedness"?

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton

Anyone else joining me?

I need some caffeine..

So you need a two sentence breakdown on items not included in gross income or the concept of "discharge of indebtedness"?

Both. I'll give you a TP.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 02:26:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Anyone else joining me?

I need some caffeine..

Both. I'll give you a TP.

Discharge of Indebtedness is the concept that forgiveness of debts owed must be realized as income to the taxpayer who is "benefitting" from the debt being waived.  Its not cut & dry that all debts waived have to be recognized as income but you get the idea (there are exceptions).

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Anyone else joining me?

Do I get a CLE credit for that?