Author Topic: This loss is on Wonder Boy Stevens  (Read 13495 times)

Re: This loss is on Wonder Boy Stevens
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2015, 01:40:45 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
We don't have a team that can really attack Irving. They're putting him on Bradley/Smart from what I've seen. Leaving others to guard Thomas, do you really want to attack Irving with those guys?

I'm sure they do try to force him to rotate but we don't exactly have a team that can just pick on one weak defender like the KG Celtics could.
First of all I'd try posting him up with both of those guys. But even taking him off the dribble is much better than that stupid weave play which has never worked for us all year.

This is probably what Flip Saunders would say, too

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2015, 01:44:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2974
We are lucky to get a keeper coach .

Look at all the coach teams like the Lakers are going though ......Nuggets etc.....all hiring players that maybe nice guys , fans loved them,  etc......but are just not cut out for head coaching .

Right now , the man is a easy top ten coach in the league .  And is going up in the next five years.

I don't want idiot tanking dummy coach running the team......just so we can get a top 5 pick , making the basketball unwatchable .

I want a team built on hard Work .....not the practice of throwing games and bad ethics.

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »

Offline jasail

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 24
The C's are losing for three reasons.

First, talent disparity. Like it or not, the talent disparity between these teams is huge. The C's don't have one player on their roster that is nearly as good as Cleveland's 3rd best player. The fact that they are in these games down the stretch is outstanding. Bottom line, the Cavs have two elite closers in James and Kyrie, who can create the shot or the pass and a great complementary piece in Love . The C's have Isiah.

Second, we don't have the strength or athleticism on the inside to rebound. The team defense is working to double or switch on the pick and roll and then cover the shooters. This leaves them out of position after the shot. Cleveland's bigs are gunning down the weak side to crash the boards. The C's don't have a guy athletic or strong enough to counter that.  The second chance opportunities the Cavs are getting are killing the C's momentum.

The third reason is length/quickness along the perimeter. Kyrie is 6'3, JR is 6'6, and Lebron is 6'9. All of them are tremendous athletes with great lateral quickness. The C's are matching with some combination of Bradley, Smart, Turner and Thomas. These guys are struggling to overcome the Cavs perimeter length to get off their own shots and if they can manage to get to the rim they get swallowed up by Mozgrove, Love and James crashing down. While this is hurting Bradley and Thomas, it is absolutely killing ET. He's having trouble finding that mid-range pull up and making things happen when he gets to the rim.

Considering how outmatched they are in terms of personnel, it's incredible they've made this much of a series of it. I get that losing in the playoffs sucks, particularly to LeBron. However, it may be worthwhile to step away from the keyboard after a loss, instead of posting ridiculous points that attempt to equate skipping a pregame shoot-around to poor execution down the stretch. As someone up thread pointed out, it seems like a real small branch to hang such a heavy accusation from.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:23:46 PM by jasail »

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The third reason is length/quickness along the perimeter. Kyrie is 6'3, JR is 6'6, and Lebron is 6'9. All of them are tremendous athletes with great lateral quickness. The C's are matching with some combination of Bradley, Smart, Turner and Thomas.
  I think that length is killing AB.

I hope we can get a big that help us in the draft, we need to hit another Al Jefferson or trade for one or sign one.

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The C's are losing for three reasons.

First, talent disparity. Like it or not, the talent disparity between these teams is huge. The C's don't have one player on their roster that is nearly as good as Cleveland's 3rd best player. The fact that they are in these games down the stretch is outstanding. Bottom line, the Cavs have two elite closers in James and Kyrie, who can create the shot or the pass and a great complementary piece in Love . The C's have Isiah.

Second, we don't have the strength or athleticism on the inside to rebound. The team defense is working to double or switch on the pick and roll and then cover the shooters. This leaves them out of position after the shot. Cleveland's bigs are gunning down the weak side to crash the boards. The C's don't have a guy athletic or strong enough to counter that.  The second chance opportunities the Cavs are getting are killing the C's momentum.

The third reason is length/quickness along the perimeter. Kyrie is 6'3, JR is 6'6, and Lebron is 6'9. All of them are tremendous athletes with great lateral quickness. The C's are matching with some combination of Bradley, Smart, Turner and Thomas. These guys are struggling to overcome the Cavs perimeter length to get off their own shots and if they can manage to get to the rim they get swallowed up by Mozgrove, Love and James crashing down. While this is hurting Bradley and Thomas, it is absolutely killing ET. He's having trouble finding that mid-range pull up and making things happen when he gets to the rim.

Considering how outmatched they are in terms of personnel, it's incredible they've made this much of a series of it. I get that losing in the playoffs sucks, particularly to LeBron. However, it may be worthwhile to step away from the keyboard after a loss, instead of posting ridiculous points that attempt to equate skipping a pregame shoot-around to poor execution down the stretch. As someone up thread pointed out, it seems like a real small branch to hang such a heavy accusation from.

Don't forget the refs.  ;)