Author Topic: I think E'Twaun and JaJuan are gonna do some special things for the Celtics  (Read 9928 times)

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Admittedly I didn't see the game last night but from what I read, Moore came in for Bradley who was stinking up the joint and did nothing in the first half when the game was on the line.

He then came in instead of Bradley in the second half when it was fairly clear the game was over, played the rest of the game and made a few shots in a garbage time fourth quarter.

Before that he has shown absolutely nothing resembling a pro game this year except for having made a couple of outside shots and a good pass or two in two preseason games in garbage time fourth quarters against the Toronto Raptors.

Can I ask those that love this kid, besides his You-tube highlight reels, what exactly do you see in E'Twaun Moore because I'm pretty sure most of you didn't see him play at Purdue and nothing he has shown me thus far tells me he is any better than Bradley in any form except for his outside shot?

I saw him play two games last year and when he was with Purdue and he just didn't show me much. Johnson did, but Johnson also showed me he was not strong enough yet to play PF in the NBA and not laterally fast enough to play SF. But he had a couple of great games in the two games I saw.

Help me out here because I do hold out hope that Johnson can be something and I am impressed with Bradley's defense though his offensive game needs much work. But I really have never seen what people are so gung-ho about with Moore. Give me some details. What is it that has you so in love with this kid and please, for the love of God do not show me highlight reels from college. I think I could make a highlight reel of some no name nobody from Nothing State that could make that person look like the next Michael Jordan if I wanted to.

The first play he made after coming in the game was a steal. He then hit a 3. In the 2nd half he looked even better. He shows a tight handle and poise. He hit another jumper and hit a floater in traffic high off the glass.
He looks like he can handle the backup point guard spot as well as hit the spot up 3 and even create his own shot.
Rookies are supposed to make an impact in limited time and thats exactly what he did.
I hate to correct you but he came in made a steal and missed a three. That three pointer he made he made at the very end of the 3rd quarter when the team was down 16. The other shots he made were layups.

Perhaps he showed a tight handle last night and maybe he shows poise when he is playing when the team is down 16 points but I will have to agree to disagree with you guys about him. I haven't seen anything from him defensively and offensively he shows a bit better stroke than Bradley but that's about it.

You're saying you didn't watch last night's game, the only game in which E'Twaun Moore has gotten significant minutes in a real NBA game, yet you disagree with the assessment of those who actually watched him play based on your reading of the box scores?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No. I am correcting what was being told me. I was told he came in an made an immediate three and hit a couple of other outside shots.

That was not true.

What he showed last night he may have shown but he showed it in a game that was essentially garbage time from mid way through the third on.

I have seen him play a couple of college games and I have seen every other minute he has played thus far this year and he just hasn't shown me what people are saying he has shown, whether it be last night or not.

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Admittedly I didn't see the game last night but from what I read, Moore came in for Bradley who was stinking up the joint and did nothing in the first half when the game was on the line.

He then came in instead of Bradley in the second half when it was fairly clear the game was over, played the rest of the game and made a few shots in a garbage time fourth quarter.

Before that he has shown absolutely nothing resembling a pro game this year except for having made a couple of outside shots and a good pass or two in two preseason games in garbage time fourth quarters against the Toronto Raptors.

Can I ask those that love this kid, besides his You-tube highlight reels, what exactly do you see in E'Twaun Moore because I'm pretty sure most of you didn't see him play at Purdue and nothing he has shown me thus far tells me he is any better than Bradley in any form except for his outside shot?

I saw him play two games last year and when he was with Purdue and he just didn't show me much. Johnson did, but Johnson also showed me he was not strong enough yet to play PF in the NBA and not laterally fast enough to play SF. But he had a couple of great games in the two games I saw.

Help me out here because I do hold out hope that Johnson can be something and I am impressed with Bradley's defense though his offensive game needs much work. But I really have never seen what people are so gung-ho about with Moore. Give me some details. What is it that has you so in love with this kid and please, for the love of God do not show me highlight reels from college. I think I could make a highlight reel of some no name nobody from Nothing State that could make that person look like the next Michael Jordan if I wanted to.

The first play he made after coming in the game was a steal. He then hit a 3. In the 2nd half he looked even better. He shows a tight handle and poise. He hit another jumper and hit a floater in traffic high off the glass.
He looks like he can handle the backup point guard spot as well as hit the spot up 3 and even create his own shot.
Rookies are supposed to make an impact in limited time and thats exactly what he did.
I hate to correct you but he came in made a steal and missed a three. That three pointer he made he made at the very end of the 3rd quarter when the team was down 16. The other shots he made were layups.

Perhaps he showed a tight handle last night and maybe he shows poise when he is playing when the team is down 16 points but I will have to agree to disagree with you guys about him. I haven't seen anything from him defensively and offensively he shows a bit better stroke than Bradley but that's about it.

obviously you have made up your mind to be dissapointed with him. He has played well and theres no ways around that. Whether he hits a 3 when were down 16 or up 16 doesnt matter. He isnt being called upon to be a guy who will get us back in the game. He made a 3 and thats what matters. If you want to be upset with his performance, thats your decision. I however am happy with a good showing from Etwaun as is Doc.

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
I didn't watch the fourth quarter but I saw the rest of the game and I thought E.Moore looked dreadful in that time.

I don't think he deserves court time.
I really have no idea how you could have possibly come to that conclusion. Never become an NBA scout buddy.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

obviously you have made up your mind to be dissapointed with him. He has played well and theres no ways around that. Whether he hits a 3 when were down 16 or up 16 doesnt matter. He isnt being called upon to be a guy who will get us back in the game. He made a 3 and thats what matters. If you want to be upset with his performance, thats your decision. I however am happy with a good showing from Etwaun as is Doc.
This isn't true. I haven't made up my mind about him. But what I have seen has not impressed me though I did not see last night's game.

He gets lost easily with contact by a pick. His lateral speed is below average. His vertical is slightly below average. He has a decent outside shot and form though his range has only shown to be good when he was in Europe. Maybe he has developed that. He is good going right and almost useless if forced to go left. His open floor speed is not great.

He seems too non-athletic to play the 2 guard and yet too slow and not a good enough passer to play the PG slot. He seems to be an intelligent player and barely turns the ball over or makes a bad pass but neither will he ever do anything spectacular. He seems to be consistent but the level of his play has to be much better to bring that consistency in his all around game up to the point of being able to warrant minutes.

The reason Bradley has gotten minutes over him is Bradley's spectacular athleticism and defense but Bradley might not be as cerebral a player and as Moore learns the team plays and defensive concepts his knowledge might overtake Bradley's athleticism and talent because Bradley might never get it mentally as well as physically.

We will see. I haven't made up my mind about any of these kids but to this point, this is what I have seen and am making my judgments on.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
No. I am correcting what was being told me. I was told he came in an made an immediate three and hit a couple of other outside shots.

That was not true.

What he showed last night he may have shown but he showed it in a game that was essentially garbage time from mid way through the third on.

I have seen him play a couple of college games and I have seen every other minute he has played thus far this year and he just hasn't shown me what people are saying he has shown, whether it be last night or not.

It wasn't garbage time from mid way through the third on in my estimation as someone watching the game.  My experience with this team tells me that it's rarely garbage time when they are down.  

I mean look at the NBA, in general.  It's really not garbage time until you are up by 20+ midway through the 4th quarter.  
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

This isn't true. I haven't made up my mind about him. But what I have seen has not impressed me though I did not see last night's game.

He gets lost easily with contact by a pick. His lateral speed is below average. His vertical is slightly below average. He has a decent outside shot and form though his range has only shown to be good when he was in Europe. Maybe he has developed that. He is good going right and almost useless if forced to go left. His open floor speed is not great.

He seems too non-athletic to play the 2 guard and yet too slow and not a good enough passer to play the PG slot. He seems to be an intelligent player and barely turns the ball over or makes a bad pass but neither will he ever do anything spectacular. He seems to be consistent but the level of his play has to be much better to bring that consistency in his all around game up to the point of being able to warrant minutes.

The reason Bradley has gotten minutes over him is Bradley's spectacular athleticism and defense but Bradley might not be as cerebral a player and as Moore learns the team plays and defensive concepts his knowledge might overtake Bradley's athleticism and talent because Bradley might never get it mentally as well as physically.

We will see. I haven't made up my mind about any of these kids but to this point, this is what I have seen and am making my judgments on.
Agree and disagree....

Getting lost in picks and inability to go left are both solveable problems, especially for a rookie. Getting lost in a pick just takes time in practice to address while being able to go left is a problem many right handed players have when entering the league.
His lateral speed and quckness are certainly not great and he will struggle when guarding quicker guards.
Vertical doesnt matter to me when talking about a backup combo guard.
I disagree that his range appears to be limited. He shoots the nba three with ease and while he missed some last night, that is to be expected.
He doesnt look slow in the open court to me, in fact he appears to get up and down the floor rather quickly.
"He seems too non-athletic to play the 2 guard and yet too slow and not a good enough passer to play the PG slot"... Thats why hes a combo guard. Qucikness and leaping are overrated when a guy has moves and intelligence. I believes he has both of those.
"neither will he ever do anything spectacular"...There is nothing hes shown that tells me he wont be able to make a great pass or a spectacular drive to the basket. Last night he threw up a floater while running out of bounds over 2 defenders. It was borderline spectacular.

Maybe you have misunderstood my meaning. I am not saying he will be an all star shooting guard. I think he has the poise, calm, and skill to be a very good (and i do mean very) combo guard who can come in the game, run the offense, create his own shot, and, due to his collected demeanor, hit clutch 3's.