Author Topic: Guershon Yabusele  (Read 18252 times)

Re: Guershon Yabusele
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2018, 09:11:37 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
He's proven that he has 2 NBA skills - he can rebound a little bit and he fully understands the concept of NBA Garbage Time when he (along with Nader) launch 3 after 3 when sent in to mop up games.  Other than that he's shown nothing. 

At some point he's got to make some real progress or he'll go the way of James Young.

« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2018, 09:12:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Absolutely not worth his roster spot. Has no NBA level skills. All potential. Won't be in the league in 3 years. He's a very poor man's Jared Sullinger. Cut him, Nader, Bird, and look for new upside players.

i like the way you think ..

just more JJJ , Young , etc

Lets keep sifting though the dirt , till we find a nugget of gold.

« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2018, 11:28:47 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Absolutely not worth his roster spot. Has no NBA level skills. All potential. Won't be in the league in 3 years. He's a very poor man's Jared Sullinger. Cut him, Nader, Bird, and look for new upside players.

He has made some moves others can not do. I see no way he does not stay through Next year. If he has the right teacher he can get there IMO. Anyone saying he has no talent is wrong he just does not understand what he can do at the moment. He is very teachable I have read and wants to be good. Rozier was listened and look where he is now. He has the right size for small ball the league is going to now.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2018, 11:40:06 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

He has made some moves others can not do. I see no way he does not stay through Next year. If he has the right teacher he can get there IMO. Anyone saying he has no talent is wrong he just does not understand what he can do at the moment. He is very teachable I have read and wants to be good. Rozier was listened and look where he is now. He has the right size for small ball the league is going to now.

Just wanting to be good doesn't mean a thing. He should mean too and as I wrote earlier in this thread instead of getting ready for the NBA he choose to play in China.  Even If the team wanted to stash him  there were plenty of teams in Europe he could have played for but he chose the fattest contract.. I highly doubt he has the mentality to make it in the nba

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2018, 01:09:34 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I saw absolutely nothing to like or to be impressed with from Yabusele yet.

Me neither.

« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2018, 01:37:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Just wanting to be good doesn't mean a thing. He should mean too and as I wrote earlier in this thread instead of getting ready for the NBA he choose to play in China.  Even If the team wanted to stash him  there were plenty of teams in Europe he could have played for but he chose the fattest contract.. I highly doubt he has the mentality to make it in the nba

The Celtics helped steer him towards China because their season ended much earlier than Europe, so that they could bring him over to the US afterwards if necessary.  He got hurt at the end of his season, and so was only able to play a couple games in Maine.  But going to China was a mutual decision between Yabusele and the Celtics, and not merely one motivated by a paycheck.

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2018, 01:41:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

He needs an injection of confidence and aggression. The Bear is huge and very fast.

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2018, 05:32:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
God bless Tomasz Kordylewski.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdEfXaqf1_Y

Obviously a highlight package is just that but I think there is real NBA talent there. Yes, sometimes Yabu looks like a kid that lost his parents at the mall but he's a rookie, JR Smith still looks like that and he's 32.

If Yabu can adjust to the speed of the game, mentally, his quickness and soft hands coupled with his strength and length will make him, at the least, a valuable rotation player in the NBA. The mental stuff will be his hurdle.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2018, 05:55:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Obviously a highlight package is just that but I think there is real NBA talent there. Yes, sometimes Yabu looks like a kid that lost his parents at the mall but he's a rookie, JR Smith still looks like that and he's 32.

If Yabu can adjust to the speed of the game, mentally, his quickness and soft hands coupled with his strength and length will make him, at the least, a valuable rotation player in the NBA. The mental stuff will be his hurdle.

Same here, Tomasz is the man.

I liked the comment someone made when someone said Yabusele is that player with the Hall of Fame Pick and Pop badge lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Did we really need to see a 5 1/2 min video of Yabusele shooting threes? I mean, this is by far his best skill, and he only made 32% on three pointers last season.

Let's face it, 6'7 PFs that move as if they're 7'7 and play as if they're 5'7 are not really destined for great NBA careers.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2018, 01:50:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rookie Avery Bradley (19th pick):

- NBA season: 1.7 points, 0.5 rebounds, 0.4 assists, 0.3 steals, 0 blocks with 34%/0%/50% shooting - 31 games

- G-League season: 17.1 points, 4.8 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 3 steals 45%/37%/86% - 9 games

Rookie Terry Rozier (16th pick):

- NBA season: 1.8 points, 1.6 rebounds, 0.9 assists, 0.2 steals, 0 blocks 27%/22%/80% shooting - 39 games

- G-League season: 19.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, 8 assists, 1.9 steals, 39%/34%/78% - 14 games

Rookie Yabusele (16th pick):

- NBA season: 2.4 points, 1.6 rebounds, 0.5 assists, 0.1 steals, 0.2 blocks, 43%/32%/68% - 33 games

- G-League season: 20.3 points, 7.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.2 steals, 1.7 blocks 49%/36%/80% - 14 games

He could end up nothing.  He could end up something.  I'm excited to see him in Summer League if he participates.  After Rozier's rookie season he showed up in Summer League and was literally a top 2 player in the entire summer league.
Not going to look up the numbers but some other picks that looked like crap in their rookie year but had good G-League years:

R.J. Hunter
James Young
Jordan Mickey
Abdel Nader (good G-League last year awful rookie year this year)
Fab Melo

So we will need to see about Yabusele. I really think he could go either way....good NBA player or complete washout. Time will tell.

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2018, 02:13:36 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Unless/until he's able to lose another 15-20 lbs, I just don't see him amounting to anything.  He lumbers way too much for today's NBA.

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2018, 08:20:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Did we really need to see a 5 1/2 min video of Yabusele shooting threes? I mean, this is by far his best skill, and he only made 32% on three pointers last season.

Let's face it, 6'7 PFs that move as if they're 7'7 and play as if they're 5'7 are not really destined for great NBA careers.

That's true. That's also a grossly inaccurate description of Yabusele.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2018, 08:28:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Of course it is. What do you expect from CB when a rookie doesn’t perform up to their weird unrealistic standards?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Of course it is. What do you expect from CB when a rookie doesn’t perform up to their weird unrealistic standards?
Abdel Nader
James Young
R.J. Hunter
Jordan Mickey
Kadeem Allen
Demetrius Jackson
Phil Pressey
JaJuan Johnson
Fab Melo
Luke Harangody
Lester Hudson
JR Giddens
Henry Walker
Gabe Pruitt

Cs fans have reason for not believing every player the Celtics draft aren't that good. Yabusele showed as much in his rookie season as most if not all of these guys.