Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232773 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #645 on: April 21, 2019, 07:31:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So I just realized, but Kyrie is averaging like 37-38 minutes a game these playoffs.

Even with Smart out.... I feel like it could be spread out a bit better so that he's not playing more than 36... right? At this rate he might get fatigued during the Bucks series which I assume will go 6+ games. Same with Tatum who is averaging 35-36 MPG (although Tatum is younger so he's probably got more mileage left currently)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #646 on: April 21, 2019, 07:41:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
So I just realized, but Kyrie is averaging like 37-38 minutes a game these playoffs.

Even with Smart out.... I feel like it could be spread out a bit better so that he's not playing more than 36... right? At this rate he might get fatigued during the Bucks series which I assume will go 6+ games. Same with Tatum who is averaging 35-36 MPG (although Tatum is younger so he's probably got more mileage left currently)

Why? That’s perfectly normal for playoff basketball when you aren’t dealing with back-to-backs or hard practices. In fact, I could see him in the low 40’s some games.

The C’s won’t play again until Saturday, at the earliest, per a report I read.

« Reply #647 on: April 21, 2019, 07:50:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
It appears the top 4 seeds in the east are all going to handle their business in quick fashion.  Both series are shaping up to be good theatre.

« Reply #648 on: April 21, 2019, 07:51:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Why? That’s perfectly normal for playoff basketball when you aren’t dealing with back-to-backs or hard practices. In fact, I could see him in the low 40’s some games.

Exactly. It's 12 more wins. 40 MPG for superstars is the norm for the playoffs. No sense trying to pace yourself now. Win or go home and you win with your best playing big minutes.

« Reply #649 on: April 21, 2019, 07:53:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Exactly. It's 12 more wins. 40 MPG for superstars is the norm for the playoffs. No sense trying to pace yourself now. Win or go home and you win with your best playing big minutes.

Especially given every minute Kyrie is off the court right now means Terry has to be on the court.  That's scary.

« Reply #650 on: April 21, 2019, 07:55:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Magic won't be able to outscore Raptors. Magic need to get down and physical in their defense and stop the Raptors to win this game but they just aren't doing that.

« Reply #651 on: April 21, 2019, 08:03:15 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Well RiP the Orlando Magic Kawhi is finals MVP mode tonight.

« Reply #652 on: April 21, 2019, 08:48:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I said before playoffs that Toronto will win East..still saying this
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #653 on: April 21, 2019, 09:11:27 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Kawhi with yet another a la MJ (97-99) performance.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #654 on: April 21, 2019, 09:24:01 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Watching Toronto play intense transition defense vs Orlando tonite, up 20 with 5 minutes left in the game and they are still busting it - reminds me of last year's Celtics. Raptors' effort is locked in. Also listening to Kawahi being interviewed after Toronto win, Wow, this guy has zero personality.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #655 on: April 21, 2019, 09:28:02 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Especially given every minute Kyrie is off the court right now means Terry has to be on the court.  That's scary.

Just don't get why Wannamaker does not get more minutes. When he is playing, the team looks much more settled on offense - put Irving at 2 guard. I realize Rozier would be a very unhappy player if Stevens did that, but you cannot coach under possible threat of a malcontent.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #656 on: April 21, 2019, 09:28:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Watching Toronto play intense transition defense vs Orlando tonite, up 20 with 5 minutes left in the game and they are still busting it - reminds me of last year's Celtics. Raptors' effort is locked in. Also listening to Kawahi being interviewed after Toronto win, Wow, this guy has zero personality.

Reminds me of Derrick Rose, but probably much more zero personality.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #657 on: April 21, 2019, 09:29:45 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
It appears the top 4 seeds in the east are all going to handle their business in quick fashion.  Both series are shaping up to be good theatre.

So who do the Celtics want to root for in the Toronto/Philadelphia series lol. I hate the 76ers and their prima-donna stars, but the Raptors are respectfully good

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #658 on: April 21, 2019, 09:36:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, Kawhi is a bit of a dud. I love watching him play, but am just totally rubbed the wrong way by how he handled his business last year. Even if there was a disagreement about his injury, he was getting paid a LOT of money and should have at least been on the bench supporting his Spurs teammates.

And, before people bring up AD. First, the trade request likely wasn't supposed to be made public and second, he actually wanted to continue playing games for the Pelicans until the end of the season.

« Reply #659 on: April 21, 2019, 11:51:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Westbrook is such a frustrating player....