Author Topic: Rozier - Smith Jr  (Read 3933 times)

Re: Rozier - Smith Jr
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I suspect that Smith's making more money than Rozier this year

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 12:08:21 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I suspect that Smith's making more money than Rozier this year

Almost identical

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 01:37:38 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I'd rather trade him for Jalen Brunson, but that would look really unbalanced so Dallas would have to add a pick or two. 

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 02:01:42 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Rozier > Smith Jr

More athletic. Better defender. Better rebounder. Can create his own shot more consistently. Better outside shooter. Comparable scoring efficiency. Smith Jr the better floor general and passer but fairly mediocre himself (Rozier worse than mediocre, deficient).

More athletic? Smith is one of the most athletic players in the NBA. As an athlete, he's on another level than Rozier.

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rozier > Smith Jr

More athletic. Better defender. Better rebounder. Can create his own shot more consistently. Better outside shooter. Comparable scoring efficiency. Smith Jr the better floor general and passer but fairly mediocre himself (Rozier worse than mediocre, deficient).

More athletic? Smith is one of the most athletic players in the NBA. As an athlete, he's on another level than Rozier.

Yeah DSJ had a record breaking tying record of 48 vertical leap versus Rozier at 38.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:14:13 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Rozier > Smith Jr

I don't consider DSJ one of most athletic players in the league. He can jump very high but he is not as quick as Rozier is. Quickness (end to end, laterally) is more important to a guard than how high you jump. That is why I rate Rozier as the better athlete.

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 05:14:01 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Rozier > Smith Jr

I don't consider DSJ one of most athletic players in the league. He can jump very high but he is not as quick as Rozier is. Quickness (end to end, laterally) is more important to a guard than how high you jump. That is why I rate Rozier as the better athlete.

I cannot find combine numbers anymore but I will still confidently state that Dsj is faster than rozier

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I think this trade makes sense for both teams

BOS receive: Smith Jr + Dwight Powell
DAL recieve: Rozier + Morris snr + Yabusule

Why DAL do it
* Adding Morris helps them right now for their playoff push. He'd be a good fit next to Jordan and Luka with his shooting and ability to stretch the floor. You can thow him the ball in iso situations which should help take the pressure of Luka come playoff time.
* rozier is a capable PG to replace Smith and a probably a better fit with his shooting and defence. His proven to be effective when given minutes, and you have the ability to match any offers in RFA.
* Adding Yabu gives another cost controlled prospect

Why BOS do it
* Smith is the best prospect/asset in the deal. He could improve our trade offer this offseason for Anthony Davis
* Mitigates risk of loosing Morris and rozier this offseason for nothing, or over having to overpay then to keep them.
* Adds 9m expiring Powell contract to salary match for Anthony davis
* Maintains cover for Kyrie in the unlikely case that he leaves in FA

We could then trade for Anthony Davis a package built around: Brown, Smith Jr, sac & mem picks, plus Dwight Powell. Throw in Rob Williams if you have to. There's no offer beating that. NOP gets two athletic top 6 picks on rookie scale contracts, plus 2 lottery picks.

Loosing Morris hurts us this year, but the end goal is Anthony davis...and this helps. Also, it could be addition by subtraction by giving more run and shots to tatum, brown and hayward this year. Powell gives us extra cover at the 4, and could b a good fit next to horford with his rebounding and athleteisim

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 07:07:39 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
There's no way Dallas does this. It isn't clear that terry is even the better player currently, Smiths numbers are much improved over last year. Smith is currently only 21 years old with 2 more rookie scale years left on his contract, where as Terry eats into their cap space.

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 07:09:16 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I think this trade makes sense for both teams

BOS receive: Smith Jr + Dwight Powell
DAL recieve: Rozier + Morris snr + Yabusele

Why DAL do it
* Adding Morris helps them right now for their playoff push. He'd be a good fit next to Jordan and Luka with his shooting and ability to stretch the floor. You can thow him the ball in iso situations which should help take the pressure of Luka come playoff time.
* rozier is a capable PG to replace Smith and a probably a better fit with his shooting and defence. His proven to be effective when given minutes, and you have the ability to match any offers in RFA.
* Adding Yabu gives another cost controlled prospect

Why BOS do it
* Smith is the best prospect/asset in the deal. He could improve our trade offer this offseason for Anthony Davis
* Mitigates risk of loosing Morris and rozier this offseason for nothing, or over having to overpay then to keep them.
* Adds 9m expiring Powell contract to salary match for Anthony davis
* Maintains cover for Kyrie in the unlikely case that he leaves in FA

We could then trade for Anthony Davis a package built around: Brown, Smith Jr, sac & mem picks, plus Dwight Powell. Throw in Rob Williams if you have to. There's no offer beating that. NOP gets two athletic top 6 picks on rookie scale contracts, plus 2 lottery picks.

Loosing Morris hurts us this year, but the end goal is Anthony davis...and this helps. Also, it could be addition by subtraction by giving more run and shots to tatum, brown and hayward this year. Powell gives us extra cover at the 4, and could b a good fit next to horford with his rebounding and athleteisim

I don't like Smith Jr. but I do like this trade and that almost by definition means that's probably not a fair one. Dallas wants more for Smith I think.

However, trading Rozier could be addition by subtraction and Morris' trading value will never be higher with the season he's having.

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 08:25:43 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
So Smith Jr is not travelling with team....

Could a trade be looming

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 08:31:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I also don't think Dallas does the trade. I also have to wonder if Smith wouldn't bring similar chemistry issues that we have seen already this year with Rozier, Brown and Tatum. He has been used in a starting, high usage role for his career in Dallas. Now, the Celtics would be asking him to come in and take on a much more limited roles. As shown with the young Celtics, it's not easy at such a young age to adjust to that.

But I like the trade.

+1 

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Brown, Yabu, Rozier and Zach Randolph to Dallas

Harrison Barnes to Sacramento

Buddy Heild and DSJ to Boston.

Dallas adds more capspace to 2019 and also gets a great wing pairings for Luca.

Rozier
Brown
Luka
Kleber
Jordan
6th Mathews

Sacramento gets their SF they covet. Losing Heild hurts but bogdanovic is more than capable of starting at sg.

Fox
Bogdanovic
BArnes
Bagley
Stein
6th Giles

Boston adds youth locked up longer for less. great assets for potential Davis trade.

Irving/DSJ/Wannamaker
Heild/Smart/Bird
Tatum/Hayward/Semi
Morris/Theis
Horford/Baynes/Williams

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 09:04:55 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dallas says no, without even thinking about it.

Smith is younger and less experienced, but on a per-possession basis he's scoring more points, getting more assists, adding more steals, and shooting much better, both overall and from 3PT.  The only quantifiable things that Rozier does better right now are rebound and hold onto the ball.

Add to that Rozier's pending free agency, and it's pretty much a no-brainer for Boston.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 09:11:16 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Dallas says no, without even thinking about it.

Smith is younger and less experienced, but on a per-possession basis he's scoring more points, getting more assists, adding more steals, and shooting much better, both overall and from 3PT.  The only quantifiable things that Rozier does better right now are rebound and hold onto the ball.

Add to that Rozier's pending free agency, and it's pretty much a no-brainer for Boston.

Dont forget that Rozier travels with the team, and DSJ is sitting at home.

And its not just about individual talent, as DSJ is the better player 10 out of 10 times, easily, but Rozier is a much much better fit alonside Luka, like an ideal fit actually.