5 (12.5%)
Tatum
12 (30%)
One will
1 (2.5%)
Both
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Tatum or Brown, who takes the next step?  (Read 6578 times)

Tatum or Brown, who takes the next step?
« on: December 01, 2020, 06:51:09 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I was looking at MVPs and legends to understand  what makes championship impact players. Often it comes down to team play like defense and assist balanced with efficient scoring. Can Tatum or Brown meet the creation and defense of former impactful players?  Can their games reach the next level of "controlling the game". The MVPs and Legends make this happen in scoring, defending and making roleplayers better. Can Brown and Tatum not only elevate their own game but those around themselves?  Do you think "Bubble Brown" and "No Walker Tatum" can become staples of this season? 

Re: Tatum or Brown, who takes the next step?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 06:55:23 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Both of them need to take a step

Tatum needs to take a step to become a legit top 10 player in the game, a guy that can take over a game.  He’s had plenty of great games but I’ve yet to see Tatum take over a game.

Brown needs to take a step to become good reliable 2nd option on a contending team.
Greg

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 07:16:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Brown has improved every year he's been in the league.

Tatum made a huge leap last year after kinda sorta stagnating in 2018, which I attribute to the turmoil that season.

I think we'll see both of them continue to make significant strides.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 07:23:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Tatum made a huge leap last year after kinda sorta stagnating in 2018, which I attribute to the turmoil that season.

Hope so but will either one see team play as the next level or will they be selfish and go for theirs? One has to elevate others for this team to win it all.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 07:29:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Hope so but will either one see team play as the next level or will they be selfish and go for theirs? One has to elevate others for this team to win it all.

I don't think either of them has been a selfish player to this point in his career.  The team as a whole has had a tendency to revert to trying to do things individually when the offense breaks down in crunch time, but I don't think that's selfishness as much as it's a lack of trust / discipline to stick with the system.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 07:54:04 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I don't think either of them has been a selfish player to this point in his career.  The team as a whole has had a tendency to revert to trying to do things individually when the offense breaks down in crunch time, but I don't think that's selfishness as much as it's a lack of trust / discipline to stick with the system.
is that because the lead players don't buy in or the role players don't fit?

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 09:23:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

is that because the lead players don't buy in or the role players don't fit?

they are each many years away from anchoring a championship team.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 09:30:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think Tatum will be near First Team levels of play. I also think Brown will be pushing for an All-Star spot
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 09:48:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I think Tatum will be near First Team levels of play. I also think Brown will be pushing for an All-Star spot

Seems like that is all the Cs can look forward to since a championship next season seems to be a pipe's dream.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 09:53:07 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Seems like that is all the Cs can look forward to since a championship next season seems to be a pipe's dream.
Oh no, we just have a near top five player who's young to look forward to!!! The horror!  ;)
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 10:10:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Oh no, we just have a near top five player who's young to look forward to!!! The horror!  ;)

Here I thought I was rooting for the name on the front o fthe jerseys .... Keep staking up top five players while other teams win championships We already have one poster asking Cs to emulate the Clippers. Yaaaaaaay!!! :)

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 10:12:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I think one day Brown wants to be the #1 guy on a team.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 10:13:32 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Here I thought I was rooting for the name on the front o fthe jerseys .... Keep staking up top five players while other teams win championships We already have one poster asking Cs to emulate the Clippers. Yaaaaaaay!!! :)
Yeah, usually starting off with a young developing superstar is indeed how you win a championship. If you're into the instant gratification of buying your way to a championship, those LA teams have a nice cozy spot on the bandwagon for you.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 10:17:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Yeah, usually starting off with a young developing superstar is indeed how you win a championship. If you're into the instant gratification of buying your way to a championship, those LA teams have a nice cozy spot on the bandwagon for you.

Pardonez moi, Cs last championship was in 2008. Do you have an estimate on when we should be looking forward to the next one. By the way I live in LA there is ONLY one LA team.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 10:21:12 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Both.