0 (0%)
Jokic
2 (16.7%)
Lillard
5 (41.7%)
Harden
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Who is your favorite current superstar personality in playoffs?  (Read 960 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
With all the talk on Irving's personality and team chemistry, I was wondering what people thought of these 6 best players left in the playoffs from a personality perspective (I realize we could have Curry on here, but he has played pretty poorly and has not really had any 'personality moments' these playoffs. Here are a few of my thoughts on their personality from what i have observed. Note I can add stuff to this post as others discuss that i am probably forgetting.

Giannis- Generally very humble, celebrates some on the court for dunks or explosive plays. Doesn't seem to do a ton of trash talk (said i am unstoppable this year in-game, but not directed at anyone).

Durant - Can be a bit prickly with media at times (didn't talk for a week to reporters over new york rumors) Recently declared himself unstopabble/best during Clippers story

Leonard - The lowest expression of emotion of any guy on the court. Often referred to as being like a robot. Dunked over two players before halftime yesterday and acted like he had hit a free throw in a preseason game.

Embid - Prolific trash talker and troller. Very very good at getting crowd into the game when things are going well. Did windmill dunk to excite crowd. Made jokes about warriors losing 3-1 while in first round, laughed about elbowing Jared Allen in the head in post game.

Jokic - Hardest guy in the playoffs to describe his personality. I have seen very little celebration or frustration on the court. Can't think of any notable quotes from him in pressers during playoffs.

Lillard - Tremendous swagged in big moments (see elimination of OKC) generally doesn't seem to do a ton of on-court theatrics or commentary in the press. Believe he has commented on being underrated.

Harden - Known for flopping, being very quirky, unorthdox game. Complains visually and verbally on court. Can't think of many notable quotes in press conference this playoffs, or over the years.

Re: Who is your favorite current superstar personality in playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Dame. 

Probably my favorite non-Celtic in the league.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Dame. 

Probably my favorite non-Celtic in the league.

I have Dame and Leonard as my top. I have to imagine that younger fans will probably like the players with a little more flair Harden, Embid...

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 04:11:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Dame.

In terms of game, Jokic is my favorite.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jokic

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 04:19:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I voted Kawhi, but Lillard and Jokic are definitely my favorite as well.

But Kawhi is a super humble dude and never complains, always goes out and does his job. He's a stone cold killer reminding us why there used to be debates that he is a Top-3 player in the entire NBA. Kawhi's looked like it in these playoffs. But again, he doesn't brag about anything or showboat like Embiid. Just goes out and does his job. He's making a difference for Toronto and if we're being honest, he's kind of like Lebron in that he's carrying a team that would be nothing without him, but without the arrogance/attitude.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 04:34:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I have to think Giannis may get a few votes if he was not on verge of eliminating us.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 04:34:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Lillard has got to be the top of my list. Class act. I liked his comment about "going through pressure" the other week.

Second would be Leonard. He's very quiet, doesn't showboat, sometimes looks like he doesn't have a clue what's going on/clumsy on the media hype/diva life of LeBron, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, Harden and guys like them. Hardworking. Although I just didn't like that he forced himself to sit out the whole year under Gregg only to go to the Raptors, but at least he made it known that he didn't want to be with the Spurs and got the Spurs to take some assets back rather than walking for nothing.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Other. 

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 04:39:40 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Durant.

Pretty much unstoppable.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 04:50:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just looking at personality, Giannis is an easy #1 for me. The guy is emotional, but not cocky. Even though he is crushing us right now, I still find it incredibly difficult to dislike him. Think back to Lebron and Kobe - now those were guys who I hated beating us.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2019, 04:58:32 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
"Antenaman"
He is so genuine in all aspects.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 05:03:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Kyrie  :P