Author Topic: Off season thread  (Read 8560 times)

Re: Off season thread
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 09:49:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Kyrie does not stay..I do not want another one year rental in AD. He will not stay in Boston without Kyrie.

Build young, hope Hayward can get back to himself and he can not play like he is an after thought

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 09:58:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
What I want:

- Kyrie signs with some other team that will deal with his antics and be disappointed by his performances when it matters.

- Ainge makes some savvy draft day deals but does not trade all the assets for a one year rental of AD

- Horford opts out and re-signs a 3-4 year deal at a reasonable figure.

- Baynes opts out and signs elsewhere

- Rozier signs for 4 yrs / 40 million (trade bait in 6 months)

- Marcus Morris signs elsewhere

What will happen:

- Ainge will go all-out for AD and then try to convince Kyrie to re-sign

- I will worry all summer long that next season will be an emotional sequel to this season.
God I hate your "want" regarding Rozier. Even if we wanted him to be trade bait we could end up stuck with him. I think I'd ignore the Celtics until he was gone

Yeah, right now I have nothing but hate for Rozier. Useless beyond belief. Another great draft pick by Ainge.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 10:00:49 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Did sonsofsamhorn have an offseason thread in 04 when down 3-0 to Yankees? I doubt it. I will return to this thread when its the offseason.

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 10:07:07 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
What I want:

- Kyrie signs with some other team that will deal with his antics and be disappointed by his performances when it matters.

- Ainge makes some savvy draft day deals but does not trade all the assets for a one year rental of AD

What will happen:

- I will worry all summer long that next season will be an emotional sequel to this season.
God I hate your "want" regarding Rozier. Even if we wanted him to be trade bait we could end up stuck with him. I think I'd ignore the Celtics until he was gone

Yeah, right now I have nothing but hate for Rozier. Useless beyond belief. Another great draft pick by Ainge.

If Rozier is on this team next year I am not gonna say I'd stop watching the Celtics, but I would pick a second team to root for as well just in case. Also a player is only trade bait if the contract is positive value, Rozier on 4/40 would not be.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 10:10:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think right now the ideal off-season would be Kyrie re-signs, Ainge trades for AD and Stevens gets fired.

Sadly, from past comments by Ainge and Wyc, it sounds like Stevens' job is very secure.

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I think right now the ideal off-season would be Kyrie re-signs, Ainge trades for AD and Stevens gets fired.

Sadly, from past comments by Ainge and Wyc, it sounds like Stevens' job is very secure.

God, no. Just keep the four draft picks and rebuild. I am sick of Kyrie.

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 10:13:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What I want:

What will happen:

Really annoys me that his former teammate (Montrezl) is killing it in LAC, when that’s who I was screaming at DA to pick at 16. Ugh
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

Fire brad I think is the missing piece in the underwear gnomes equation....
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Lock this thread....its not the off season yet.

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2019, 10:22:25 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
What I want:

What will happen:

Really annoys me that his former teammate (Montrezl) is killing it in LAC, when that’s who I was screaming at DA to pick at 16. Ugh

When I saw Smart, Kyrie, and Rozier on the court at the same time, I knew we were doomed.

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2019, 10:23:16 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I think we should blow it up. Build around Tatum, Hayward, Smart, and maybe Brown. We need to think long-term and build for multiple championships:

- Let Kyrie walk
- Don't go after AD
- Keep Horford until he expires (1 more year?)
A part of me wouldn’t mind that at all.  The issue would be to find a way up.  I’m not sure either Tatum or brown will develop in 1a players.  So we’d likely need to build a balanced team.

I love it. I forgot Beal could still be in play. Now he’s a true Celtic.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 10:26:25 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
If Kyrie re-signs, Ainge makes a push for AD.

But at this point, I figure it is unlikely that Kyrie stays so that means no AD. In that case, let Rozier/Morris walk. Focus on Brown/Tatum and what you can do to surround them with good veteran leaders.

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

But at this point, I figure it is unlikely that Kyrie stays so that means no AD. In that case, let Rozier/Morris walk. Focus on Brown/Tatum and what you can do to surround them with good veteran leaders.

Eh, I think this is a bit too pessimistic. Boston by far is the best place for him to win, and this is doubly true if we trade for AD in a fair trade package. What team can he realistically go to where he'll have a better chance of winning than Boston? Brooklyn? That's far from an ideal fit. New York? Doubtful, even with KD going there that's a lesser team than Boston, and he then lives in KD's shadow. At least in Boston he still has a claim of being "the man" over AD given that this was "his" team prior to trading for AD.

Still think he will wait to see about Davis before making any decision, though if we don't land AD I can definitely see him walking, and possibly even with Boston's support.

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Eh, I think this is a bit too pessimistic. Boston by far is the best place for him to win, and this is doubly true if we trade for AD in a fair trade package. What team can he realistically go to where he'll have a better chance of winning than Boston? Brooklyn? That's far from an ideal fit. New York? Doubtful, even with KD going there that's a lesser team than Boston, and he then lives in KD's shadow. At least in Boston he still has a claim of being "the man" over AD given that this was "his" team prior to trading for AD.

Still think he will wait to see about Davis before making any decision, though if we don't land AD I can definitely see him walking, and possibly even with Boston's support.
I don’t think Ainge pulls the trigger without a commitment from him. And Kyrie is a wierd dude. Nothing he does would surprise me.

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2019, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Plan A...Trade for AD and resign Kyrie
Plan B Build young with the picks. Keep Brown and Tatum.

At this point I do not care. This season was a mitigated failure.

I think Brad would do much better with a young college type team. He struggles to coach Kyrie.

brad needs to go back to college
LET'S GO CELTICS!