Author Topic: Ray Allen Beef Becomes Clearer  (Read 4669 times)

Re: Ray Allen Beef Becomes Clearer
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2024, 03:56:51 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  It wasn’t personal from the Celtics perspective. It was for Ray . He’s human. Jaylen I think should get credit though for being more mature when half the city wants him traded like it’s their money or “ the jays can’t  coexist nonsense” for years.
   But the Celtics teammates are ALSO human . They don’t have to like it. They can hate it . So can fans. People want others to look like they’re overreacting to make themselves seem calm and mature. None of it was unusual.

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2024, 05:28:32 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
He still could’ve let his teammates know

Why pretend like we don’t see why pierce/KG would be mad to see Allen planning his exit while they were trying to beat Miami to get to the finals.

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2024, 05:43:50 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I wouldn't want to work for a boss who tried to get rid of me, either. 

Ray is somewhat OCD, so it doesn't surprise me that he had already started looking at potential houses.

So you would screw over your coworkers?
In any workplace, you should always care about yourself firstly. Your bosses will get rid of you in an instant and those below you are gunning for your job. That’s how you get stuck in a bad situation(and get paid less). Allen did what any sane person would do: he read the writing on the wall. He was getting demoted on a team that didn’t have great odds in a trending downward situation. Went to a better situation and got money as well for same role. He ended up winning another ring so he was justified in his decision in the end.

I have never understood why so many Cs fans had a major complex with Allen. Big jilted lovers vibes. Out of the big 3, he made the biggest sacrifices, was basically traded by Ainge, was demoted to bench, and butted heads with Rondo. I don’t blame him for leaving at all. If anything, the Cs did him dirty multiple times.

Ray left for less money.

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2024, 05:44:34 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Why are so many carrying water for Ray?

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2024, 05:59:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
The only slight reason I think this could be true is because of just how weird the players have acted since it ball red. As far as I know kg, rondo pierce etc have never had animosity towards any ex teammate in the 15 years since this happened. If Ray was really looking for houses in the middle of the playoff series that would make the super weird reaction and grudge make sense. You compare this to Johnny Damon leaving for the yanks and people were upset for like 5 months.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2024, 06:03:52 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Ray is somewhat OCD, so it doesn't surprise me that he had already started looking at potential houses.

In any workplace, you should always care about yourself firstly. Your bosses will get rid of you in an instant and those below you are gunning for your job. That’s how you get stuck in a bad situation(and get paid less). Allen did what any sane person would do: he read the writing on the wall. He was getting demoted on a team that didn’t have great odds in a trending downward situation. Went to a better situation and got money as well for same role. He ended up winning another ring so he was justified in his decision in the end.

I have never understood why so many Cs fans had a major complex with Allen. Big jilted lovers vibes. Out of the big 3, he made the biggest sacrifices, was basically traded by Ainge, was demoted to bench, and butted heads with Rondo. I don’t blame him for leaving at all. If anything, the Cs did him dirty multiple times.

Ray left for less money.
Ray waited while Boston re-negotiated and extended KG and PP.  While waiting, Ray was told he was traded only for the trade to fall through.  He then asked for 3 years, 24 million.  Boston offered 2 years, 12 million.  So Ray left. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2024, 06:12:13 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

I think plenty of people are removing fandom from the equation and offering rational explanations 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2024, 07:21:06 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

He helped the Celtics win their last championship. I appreciate championships more than TMZ gossip.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 07:36:36 PM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2024, 11:14:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
And didn't Rondo also had spat with Ray as well lol.

It's Ray against the Celtics mindset now and that is why he's a traitor for going to their eastern conference rival they were contending with.

Ofc, this is nowhere as bad as Kyrie.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2024, 02:24:33 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Ray Allen leaving in free agency sucked, but to be honest, I thought it was time. I mean, it makes sense—reduced role, fewer minutes, and less money. I'm going to where it’s sunny and warm.

I just wish the man knew how to properly use Twitter around that time. That blunder is what burns in my mind.

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2024, 08:10:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
“where ‘s the Beef ?” 

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2024, 08:49:25 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Ray left for less money.
He left for a better situation where he was actually wanted. Not really hard to figure out.

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2024, 09:07:54 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
The real question is why are fans holding a grudge from 15 years ago? Ray helped us accomplish the goal of winning a championship. All of this other stuff is secondary.

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2024, 10:26:40 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The real question is why are fans holding a grudge from 15 years ago? Ray helped us accomplish the goal of winning a championship. All of this other stuff is secondary.

My question is why do people keep bringing it up? I think people are settled in their opinions and it's just picking at a scar.

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2024, 03:27:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

My question is why do people keep bringing it up? I think people are settled in their opinions and it's just picking at a scar.

To be fair I think for the last ten years it has only been brought when someone like pierce doc or kg brings it up