Author Topic: Ray Allen Beef Becomes Clearer  (Read 4666 times)

Re: Ray Allen Beef Becomes Clearer
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2024, 09:37:58 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I like how they were all over this beef/bygones be bygones when they had a reunion at KG's retirement ceremony or whatever.

And then my boii Pierce spins this up. If true, Ray still a bum. He always will be a traitor and a tourist roaming around in the Heat's championship ceremony. Never leave your team against your team's biggest conference rival.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2024, 10:14:16 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Is there a reason Pierce decided to talk about this now ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2024, 10:21:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I like how they were all over this beef/bygones be bygones when they had a reunion at KG's retirement ceremony or whatever.

And then my boii Pierce spins this up. If true, Ray still a bum. He always will be a traitor and a tourist roaming around in the Heat's championship ceremony. Never leave your team against your team's biggest conference rival.

Definitely not a tourist.  Without Ray the Heat lose to the Spurs in 6.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2024, 10:25:48 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Ehhh I'd say without Chris Bosh's GOAT offensive rebound, Ray Allen 3 doesn't happen

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2024, 10:29:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ehhh I'd say without Chris Bosh's GOAT offensive rebound, Ray Allen 3 doesn't happen

Without Ray, that offensive rebound is irrelevant, and the Heat go home.  Don't act like the guy didn't contribute; it makes you sound like a bitter and delusional ex.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2024, 12:04:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I wouldn't want to work for a boss who tried to get rid of me, either. 

Ray is somewhat OCD, so it doesn't surprise me that he had already started looking at potential houses.

So you would screw over your coworkers?

Leaving for a new job opportunity isn't screwing over your coworkers. What an odd take.

Also, isn't Paul the guy who repeatedly talked about "pulling a Kobe" (demanding a trade)?  It seems weird to call a guy who left in free agency disloyal when you openly discussed forcing your way off your team while under contract.

We got no assets and he went to our main competition and was shopping for a home in Miami while we were playing the Heat. He also took less money to leave.
you mean after he was told he was traded and after the team refused to extend him.  Also after he was benched.

And why do we just believe the tale Pierce is spinning now.  He isn't exactly known for his truthfulness despite being the truth.

I believe PP and Garnett over ray ray...
except Ray hasn't said anything. Sp you'd believe a known truth stretcher over nothing. And the fact that PP said anything now sort of proves the nonsense of his ways.  Ray did absolutely nothing wrong
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2024, 12:18:07 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732

Ehhh, I'd say without Popovich's boneheaded decision to pull his two best rebounders for that possession, we wouldn't have had to stomach that Heat title.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2024, 06:43:02 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Ray is somewhat OCD, so it doesn't surprise me that he had already started looking at potential houses.

In any workplace, you should always care about yourself firstly. Your bosses will get rid of you in an instant and those below you are gunning for your job. That’s how you get stuck in a bad situation(and get paid less). Allen did what any sane person would do: he read the writing on the wall. He was getting demoted on a team that didn’t have great odds in a trending downward situation. Went to a better situation and got money as well for same role. He ended up winning another ring so he was justified in his decision in the end.

I have never understood why so many Cs fans had a major complex with Allen. Big jilted lovers vibes. Out of the big 3, he made the biggest sacrifices, was basically traded by Ainge, was demoted to bench, and butted heads with Rondo. I don’t blame him for leaving at all. If anything, the Cs did him dirty multiple times.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 06:49:39 AM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2024, 06:45:40 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
My question has always been how many proposed Ray Allen trades were rumored his last couple of seasons in Boston and were those the main reason for the unhappiness that led him to look elsewhere . I know Avery Bradley got increased minutes, but was he permanently established as the regular starter at any point ?

Well, yes and no... my memory is a little fuzzy but the numbers are helping me remember: Ray started in more games (46) in that 2011-12 season, but Bradley played in more games (68, 28 starts), and towards the end of the season (when Ray was sitting) he was getting pretty heavy starter minutes, and I remember the team looking pretty good with him at the two. That was also the season Bradley got a little bit of love for DOPY and MIP.

I wouldn't say that the writing was on the wall, though - while I have no insights into the locker room - it's potentially safe to say that being a 35-year-old former All-Star who was alternatively trade bait and effectively 'losing time' to a 21 year old probably didn't help.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2024, 08:22:24 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

In any workplace, you should always care about yourself firstly. Your bosses will get rid of you in an instant and those below you are gunning for your job. That’s how you get stuck in a bad situation(and get paid less). Allen did what any sane person would do: he read the writing on the wall. He was getting demoted on a team that didn’t have great odds in a trending downward situation. Went to a better situation and got money as well for same role. He ended up winning another ring so he was justified in his decision in the end.

I have never understood why so many Cs fans had a major complex with Allen. Big jilted lovers vibes. Out of the big 3, he made the biggest sacrifices, was basically traded by Ainge, was demoted to bench, and butted heads with Rondo. I don’t blame him for leaving at all. If anything, the Cs did him dirty multiple times.

I agree. Ray was definitely not treated like he was in a Big 3 at the end. Probably because he was getting older and didn't deserve it. That being said, he helped us win a championship, and I will always be thankful for that.

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2024, 08:26:31 AM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
First people were mad that he left. But when it was pointed out that he was a free agent and could do what he wanted (after the Celtics tried to trade him no less) then people were mad he went to a rival. As if a player should only go to a city where he wouldn't be a threat to his former team.  Then people decided they were upset that he didn't talk to Pierce and Garnett first about what he wanted to do.  I hardly think that's worthy of fans' animosity toward him.  Now almost 15 years later, Pierce says he was, gasp, looking at houses earlier than he should have been.

At the end of the day, he helped the Celtics win a championship.  After his contract ended and he had no further obligation to the Celtics, he took a pay cut to play a lesser role and help another team win a championship. Personally, I think people are looking for a reason to be mad at Ray.

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2024, 09:12:24 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
 Love Ray the player. But not so much the person.

Could have handled things differently. Doc also. But Doc is a schmuck. Avery Bradley starting. **** Doc.

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2024, 09:54:50 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
If Pierce's story is true, this could be less a function of Ray abandoning the team, and more a function of how so many NBA deals are already agreed to on the first minute of free agency.

If I know Miami is one of a few teams that's going to make me an official offer in about a month, and I'm in Miami with nothing to do, I'd probably look at some houses too.  Doesn't mean I've made up my mind that I'm going to sign in Miami, just means I know it's a possibility, and I like window shopping.

Personally, I've looked up houses near potential new employers before I've had an offer or even knew if I'd accept an offer if one was given.

On the other hand, I can see how just the window shopping could rub some people the wrong way.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 02:16:21 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2024, 09:56:32 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
To me, he'll always be known as Traitor Ray. 

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2024, 02:39:18 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
If this is true, and Ray really was touring houses between games during the series I think we can all agree that it is pretty insane would deserve the animosity. However, I very much have doubts it is true.