Author Topic: All Star game is a joke  (Read 3210 times)

All Star game is a joke
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:01:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I enjoyed it before when it was north america vs world better than this bologny. Players look like they are playing pond hockey and its stinks.

I'd love to see last years stanley cup champ vs this years all star. You could actually count such game as a real loss or win for detroit for example(with the all star team playing for pride).

i think that would be  sikk game

Re: All Star game is a joke
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:29:07 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I didn't like North America vs. the World, and having the Stanley Cup champion play a team of all-stars wouldn't be very compelling (or fair, if it counted as a real game, as you're suggesting).

I'm not sure how you make the games more intense.  Maybe do what MLB does, and tie home ice advantage to winning the all-star game.  Maybe give financial incentives to players on the winning team.  Or maybe a lot of goals is exactly what the NHL wants.

On another all-star related note, what about the NHL's rule that if you sit out the all-star game with an injury, you're suspended for the first game back after the break?  I'm not sure of the exact specifics of the rule, but two Red Wings -- Lidstrom and Datsyuk -- we suspended for one game because the Commish didn't deem their injuries to be real, or at least sufficient enough to miss the game.  Is this a good idea?  Or should players be allowed to take the time to rest?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: All Star game is a joke
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
the commish has a point to do what he did. Fans are #1 in the end. IF these players are really injured they still need to come to the game and show their faces just like an injured player would be with their home team. Exceptions could be understood like they are in a cast but other wise people will be more skeptical to think if they are really injured or not