Author Topic: 2019 Draft Day Trades  (Read 5673 times)

2019 Draft Day Trades
« on: June 19, 2019, 11:02:12 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I am starting this an hour early, but with Woj’s announcement about the DET/MIL trade, I figured why not:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn

Milwaukee is trading Tony Snell to Detroit, league source tells ESPN.
Pistons are sending Jon Leuer to Bucks. Bucks are sending 30th pick on Thursday in deal too.
So the Pistons will be have the 15th and 30th picks in the draft on Thursday. Bucks saved $4M in salary this year, and won’t have Snell’s $12M in salary on books for 2020-21.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:08:00 PM by Jiri Welsch »

Re: 2019 Draft Day Trades
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Edit: whoops, just saw you add that in.

Guess I like it for Detroit
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 11:05:15 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

I always feel like I am racing against the clock with these threads!

Yeah, seems like a good salary dump for Milwaukee. I’m sure they can buy into the 2nd round if they covet a particular guy at that point.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:11:40 PM by Jiri Welsch »

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 11:07:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, seems like a good salary dump for Milwaukee. I’m sure they can buy into the 2nd round if they covet a particular guy at that point.
Yeah, which is exactly what they need considering Brogdon and Middleton are about to hit the market.

Detroit need wings and the Bucks need space
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I am starting this an hour early, but with Woj’s announcement about the DET/MIL trade, I figured why not:

Pistons are sending Jon Leuer to Bucks. Bucks are sending 30th pick on Thursday in deal too.
So the Pistons will be have the 15th and 30th picks in the draft on Thursday. Bucks saved $4M in salary this year, and won’t have Snell’s $12M in salary on books for 2020-21.

Well, so much for wanting Malcolm Brogdon.

Bucks can surely match any offer they get at this point.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 11:11:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

This move is about clearing space to sign a FA player, not luxury tax room to sign Brogdon.

Edit: Actually I forgot that Lopez is a non-bird rights FA too. This move is probably about retaining him.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 11:17:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

This move is about clearing space to sign a FA player, not luxury tax room to sign Brogdon.

Edit: Actually I forgot that Lopez is a non-bird rights FA too. This move is probably about retaining him.

With Snell's contract off the books for next year, it should help lessen the blow as far as lux tax implications, won't it?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 11:21:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

With Snell's contract off the books for next year, it should help lessen the blow as far as lux tax implications, won't it?
Oh it definitely will, I just thought they'd be able to keep everyone AND add a FA due to low cap holds. But Lopez isn't a birds rights FA so that doesn't work for him.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 11:25:25 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Oh it definitely will, I just thought they'd be able to keep everyone AND add a FA due to low cap holds. But Lopez isn't a birds rights FA so that doesn't work for him.
thanks for the salary info guys. it is really interesting and useful. a tp for each of you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 06:52:34 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I wonder if Milwaukee might try and sign Horford? They need to clear another $11m in cap space to offer him $25m a year. It'd mean letting go of Lopez and Middleton but imo Horford is worth more than the two of them. Could leave them short on the wing though, they'd have a small amount of cap space left to spend to fill that space.

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 07:19:04 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I wonder if Milwaukee might try and sign Horford? They need to clear another $11m in cap space to offer him $25m a year. It'd mean letting go of Lopez and Middleton but imo Horford is worth more than the two of them. Could leave them short on the wing though, they'd have a small amount of cap space left to spend to fill that space.

No, I wouldn’t expect that at all, unless Middleton quickly signs elsewhere.

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 07:35:22 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Horford absolutely is not worth more than Middleton and most especially not for the Bucks.  Good wings are hard to replace.  Giannis only has 2 years left on his contract and a 35 year old Horford isn't going to get Giannis to re-sign. 

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 08:11:20 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Horford absolutely is not worth more than Middleton and most especially not for the Bucks.  Good wings are hard to replace.  Giannis only has 2 years left on his contract and a 35 year old Horford isn't going to get Giannis to re-sign.

If they got rid of Middleton they lose their spacing which then makes it easier to guard the Freak.....

So I hope this is what they are doing if DA can get us back to competing in the west. LOL

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 08:29:05 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Bucks can now match up to and including 22 million per season.

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 08:30:21 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

It will be replaced with someone else earning more.

It will keep them from being hard capped though. and it technically might make Mirotic more expendable as a bench, floorspacing pf.