Author Topic: Between Hayward, Tatum and Brown which 2 would you keep?  (Read 3500 times)

Re: Between Hayward, Tatum and Brown which 2 would you keep?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2019, 11:33:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This question doesn't make sense unless we know what's coming back. Brown and Tatum are younger and cheaper, so naturally they'd get more return
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2019, 11:34:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tatum and Hayward

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2019, 11:47:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This question doesn't make sense unless we know what's coming back. Brown and Tatum are younger and cheaper, so naturally they'd get more return

the question is more to do with which 2 would you keep to start vs who brings the most value back

sure if player A brings back more value in return....but now you just weakened another part of the lineup

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2019, 12:00:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

the question is more to do with which 2 would you keep to start vs who brings the most value back

sure if player A brings back more value in return....but now you just weakened another part of the lineup
Which is why I think Tatum would be the guy to move. Theoretically he has the highest value, and I also think he fits our team the worst. He's comfortably the worst passer and defender of the three, and he could bring back the most
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2019, 12:09:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Which is why I think Tatum would be the guy to move. Theoretically he has the highest value, and I also think he fits our team the worst. He's comfortably the worst passer and defender of the three, and he could bring back the most

well if this is true....then jackpot

But if you rewatch the 2018 playoff run.... he was mr ice cold veins in many occasions.  Especially in the 2nd half of games ...while Brown started out hot, but didn't finish "hot" in the 2nd half

not sure what to think of Hayward "playoff" success , thus far in the league
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:19:46 AM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2019, 12:17:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Reminder

Tatum performance in 2018 playoffs. Lots of these points came in the 2nd half/4th quarter

https://youtu.be/UhJawsQYKOk

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2019, 01:37:43 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Reminder

Tatum performance in 2018 playoffs. Lots of these points came in the 2nd half/4th quarter

Watching him in those highlights, it’s almost like a different player vs this year. Way more drives in 2018, way less dribble moves (but more effective, it seems), more off ball movement and less iso’s.

But to be fair, I think Tatum improved defensively and in playmaking this year.
- LilRip

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2019, 06:11:44 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Reminder

Watching him in those highlights, it’s almost like a different player vs this year. Way more drives in 2018, way less dribble moves (but more effective, it seems), more off ball movement and less iso’s.

But to be fair, I think Tatum improved defensively and in playmaking this year.

It didn't seem like he improved defensively. He gets killed alot on switches which is too much for my liking.

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2019, 09:37:25 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

This

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2019, 11:13:46 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Boils down to do y’all want either Smart or Hayward, because one of these 2 have to go in order for the Davis Trade to work.

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
This thread would be more interesting if we changed it to a game of Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., kill, marry instead.

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2019, 09:01:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
For next season

Hayward should come off the bench again

If Hayward is not the "Best" to start....and CBS continues to play teachers pet

Tatum or Brown or both will not want to resign

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
If they really do pull off this deal for AD, Tatum will certainly go. Plus either Brown or Smart. That should be the real question. I don't see Hayward involved at all. Not with his contract. Quite the contrary, Hayward would have a bigger role next year with those other two gone. Then he probably would really have to start. I also expect him to be better next year.

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2019, 09:41:10 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Boils down to do y’all want either Smart or Hayward, because one of these 2 have to go in order for the Davis Trade to work.
Thats if you actually think we can trade Hayward.  I mean, I’m sure we can but he might be a net negative at this point.