Author Topic: Mavericks (33-15) at Celtics (37-11) 2/4  (Read 64216 times)

Re: Mavericks (33-15) at Celtics (37-11) 2/4
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2011, 11:09:01 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
For 46 minutes we were the slightly better team. The team that looked like they would win. I'm scratching my head over the last 2 minutes. Seeing misses by Rondo, KG and Ray and letting Dallas steal a win when they were clearly losing this game really hurt watching that one end. You hate feeling like a team has something on you, but Dallas is 2-0 against us. It really stings to say that. I haven't felt like anyone has been better than the Celtics this year. Not even them. And yet they swept us. Oy!
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Dallas is a good team and shot lights out. Nothing to see here.

« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2011, 11:22:35 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
For 46 minutes we were the slightly better team. The team that looked like they would win. I'm scratching my head over the last 2 minutes. Seeing misses by Rondo, KG and Ray and letting Dallas steal a win when they were clearly losing this game really hurt watching that one end. You hate feeling like a team has something on you, but Dallas is 2-0 against us. It really stings to say that. I haven't felt like anyone has been better than the Celtics this year. Not even them. And yet they swept us. Oy!

Wiz have had our number in recent years, Hawks have had our number. In the end, it doesn't matter. We won't face Dallas in the spring.

Dallas is a good team and shot lights out. Nothing to see here.

Pretty much sums it up. TP.

« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
My one worry Sunday is if they don't have shaq for like 15 minutes to beat up Dwight

they should not lose to orlando without brandon bass. magic will play small quite a bit sunday
Agreed -- Orlando's big men are seriously weakened by the absence of Brandon Bass.

It's not so much about Bass's quality but the lack of quality of his replacements (E.Clark, M.Allen, D.Orton) and their inability to provide any type of physical presence defensively (which further exposes Ryan Anderson also) ... making Orlando very vulnerable inside.

« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
My one worry Sunday is if they don't have shaq for like 15 minutes to beat up Dwight

they should not lose to orlando without brandon bass. magic will play small quite a bit sunday
Agreed -- Orlando's big men are seriously weakened by the absence of Brandon Bass.

It's not so much about Bass's quality but the lack of quality of his replacements (E.Clark, M.Allen, D.Orton) and their inability to provide any type of physical presence defensively (which further exposes Ryan Anderson also) ... making Orlando very vulnerable inside.
True Bass doesn't have much quality but he did kill us in the first game.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2011, 12:43:09 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Didnt like how we didn't go inside toward the end. Kg was wide open instead of stepping in he jacks up a nearly 3 pointer and Rondo with a long jumpshot.  >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #321 on: February 05, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Celts go up 97-91 after a Perk layup with 2:43 to go and don't score again while allowing Dallas 10 unanswered points to take the win in the Garden - sickening.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #322 on: February 05, 2011, 02:51:02 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Give Dallas credit...played very well in first half, shot great behind the arc, especially in Q1.  We should have won the game, but didn't execute in last 2 minutes...bad shots on last 5 possessions or so, and couldn't connect with wide-open KG at the end.  Still, I think we beat Dallas in a 7 game series, if it came to that (which I doubt, don't think they will come out of the west...).

« Reply #323 on: February 05, 2011, 03:07:22 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
how much time was left when we got the KG steal on Dirk?

also after further thought wasnt Kidd on Pierce almost the whole time ? remember trying to exploit the matchup maybe like once or twice

ugh feels like we gave this one away
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #324 on: February 05, 2011, 03:33:04 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Frustratring loss... We had the game in our hands and blew it away. Too many dumb plays or failed executions down the stretch. Funny that we got killed by an "old man's move" on Kidd's pumpfake, Ray jumped at him, and he made it, the whole scene looked like slow mo and yet it worked.

Pierce was awful on both ends tonight and I'm sure he knows it, Rondo wasn't good either, bad D (Terry open all night? come on now), poor decision making, KG was invisible offensively in the 2nd half, and Ray was excellent along with Perk and Marquis.

« Reply #325 on: February 05, 2011, 05:46:19 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, hopefully this loss reminds our C's that they must do it for 48 min. From what I read recently, weren't we in danger of losing to Sacramento a few days ago - until Ray Allen woke the team up during a rare halftime speech?

I won't fear Dallas if we played them in the Finals, but right now they must have a psychological edge against us. I'd still expect us to beat them in a series, but this win can only boost their confidence.

They were without Caron, too.

I will be so glad to see Delonte back on the floor. Soon, fella, soon. We miss ya.

« Reply #326 on: February 05, 2011, 10:13:31 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Dirk moves around the court like an old man, yet he's a top five MVP candidate. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson