Author Topic: If we advance . . .  (Read 3469 times)

If we advance . . .
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:25:34 AM »

Offline biggs1221

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
If we advance on Sunday - which is never a given - does anyone else think a series with Cleveland might be easier than the current one with the Hawks?  I mean, the Hawks have been playing lights out in the fourth quarter of these games, hitting big time shots.  Moreover, the Hawks have shown amazing resolve, going on big runs whenever they get down.  The C's also appear to have been caught off guard by the Hawks, and have been unable to recover.  Cleveland is also a lot slower, less athletic, and not really a shot blocking team.  It seems to me that a  change of scenery might be beneficial.

Re: If we advance . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 01:26:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No. 

Lebron James. 

Better defense.

Better rebounders.

Have already proven they can win in Boston.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 01:28:53 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Sigh...  "if" ...

I agree with wdleehi's assessment. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 01:41:25 AM »

Offline biggs1221

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
No. 

Lebron James. 

Better defense.

Better rebounders.

I agree, and am not saying it will be easy.  Yet while they have a better defense and better rebounders overall, they also play a different style than Atlanta.  Moreover, being able to move on from this series might be such a relief and take some pressure off of these guys.  I just view part of the problem in this series to be the result of a) Atlanta's style; b) an immense pressure not to "choke" once Atlanta pushed them back on their heals.  Its perhaps a lot tougher to lose / messes with your mind more when everyone expects an easy win.  On the other hand, the C's would walk into the next round with everyone, including themselves, expecting a dog fight.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 01:51:11 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Wouldn't surprise me at all if WHEN the Celtics advance they dispatch of Cleveland with much lesser effort. I think the Hawks are a tougher matchup for the C's and are too young and inexperienced to feel that they should have quit on themselves. Cleveland on the other hand will simply get outplayed by the superior team, and will be out in six.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No. 

Lebron James. 

Better defense.

Better rebounders.

I agree, and am not saying it will be easy.  Yet while they have a better defense and better rebounders overall, they also play a different style than Atlanta.  Moreover, being able to move on from this series might be such a relief and take some pressure off of these guys.  I just view part of the problem in this series to be the result of a) Atlanta's style; b) an immense pressure not to "choke" once Atlanta pushed them back on their heals.  Its perhaps a lot tougher to lose / messes with your mind more when everyone expects an easy win.  On the other hand, the C's would walk into the next round with everyone, including themselves, expecting a dog fight.

The Hawks are still in this because the refs send them to the line.

What do the official love to do with James?  Send him to the line. 

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
There a few things we might benefit from in the Cavs series ... not as many young athletic players attacking from all angles,just Lebron.Another thing is the pace would be a little better to our liking.I think we match up better with the Cavs 1-5 and would have a much better chance at beating them,than lets say a Washington Wizard team.Even though the Cavs beat the Wiz in 6,id rather face the Cavs than the Wizards.For some unknown reason to me,the Wizard team always brought their A game to play the Celtics.Maybe the playoffs would have brought a different result,than the regular season,but it was  a relief ,when i saw them lose.