Author Topic: HoopsHype's Top 10 SFs  (Read 2993 times)

HoopsHype's Top 10 SFs
« on: August 11, 2023, 02:10:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
10.  Khris Middleton
9.  DeMar DeRozan
8.  Michael Bridges
7.  Brandon Ingram
6.  Paul George
5.  Lebron James
4.  Kawhi Leonard
3.  Jimmy Butler
2.  Kevin Durant
1.  Jayson Tatum

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rankings-top-24-small-forwards-2023-24-season-lebron-tatum-durant/

Do you agree?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: HoopsHype's Top 10 SFs
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 02:19:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
10.  Khris Middleton
9.  DeMar DeRozan
8.  Michael Bridges

7.  Brandon Ingram
6.  Paul George
5.  Lebron James
4.  Kawhi Leonard
3.  Jimmy Butler
2.  Kevin Durant
1.  Jayson Tatum

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rankings-top-24-small-forwards-2023-24-season-lebron-tatum-durant/

Do you agree?

I have Anunoby and Franz Wagner on my list instead of those two.

I have Luka listed as a SF and Durant listed as a PF on my ranking lists. I'd have Luka #1 and Tatum #2. Not sure which way I'd rank Tatum & Durant. So close.

I am not sure about the order of the next three - J Butler, Kawhi and LeBron. I have Jimmy behind the other two. I suppose you could make a case for any order for these three.

So I have the top 2-3 with Tatum, Luka, Durant. Then the next tier of three with Jimmy, Kawhi, LeBron. I had PG13 at PF given that Kawhi was at SF. I would have PG13 just behind that trio if he is listed at SF. Then Ingram. Then the bottom 3 of the top 10 Middleton, Franz Wagner and Anunoby. I suppose Jaylen would slot in around Ingram / Middleton level if we were to list him at SF.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 03:03:49 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
10.  Khris Middleton
9.  DeMar DeRozan
8.  Michael Bridges

7.  Brandon Ingram
6.  Paul George
5.  Lebron James
4.  Kawhi Leonard
3.  Jimmy Butler
2.  Kevin Durant
1.  Jayson Tatum

Do you agree?

I have Luka listed as a SF and Durant listed as a PF on my ranking lists. I'd have Luka #1 and Tatum #2. Not sure which way I'd rank Tatum & Durant. So close.

I am not sure about the order of the next three - J Butler, Kawhi and LeBron. I have Jimmy behind the other two. I suppose you could make a case for any order for these three.

So I have the top 2-3 with Tatum, Luka, Durant. Then the next tier of three with Jimmy, Kawhi, LeBron. I had PG13 at PF given that Kawhi was at SF. I would have PG13 just behind that trio if he is listed at SF. Then Ingram. Then the bottom 3 of the top 10 Middleton, Franz Wagner and Anunoby. I suppose Jaylen would slot in around Ingram / Middleton level if we were to list him at SF.

Even though he's my fellow countrymen he doesnt play even a lick of defense and that's what makes Tatum better.
ok fine

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 03:18:36 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I can’t believe I’m defending Lebron, but I have him above Kawhi. I’d like to see Kawhi actually stay healthy- he hasn’t been available for a full playoff run since the bubble.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2023, 03:32:12 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
10.  Khris Middleton
9.  DeMar DeRozan
8.  Michael Bridges

7.  Brandon Ingram
6.  Paul George
5.  Lebron James
4.  Kawhi Leonard
3.  Jimmy Butler
2.  Kevin Durant
1.  Jayson Tatum

Do you agree?

Even though he's my fellow countrymen he doesnt play even a lick of defense and that's what makes Tatum better.
You're from Slovenia too? Never thought I'd meet a fellow Slovenian here.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2023, 03:34:15 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I can’t believe I’m defending Lebron, but I have him above Kawhi. I’d like to see Kawhi actually stay healthy- he hasn’t been available for a full playoff run since the bubble.

100%. Kawhi is a part time basketball player. Lebron all day.

Luka isn't in my top 4. He's after Lebron, Kawhi, and PG13. Great scorer. He's a defensive turnstyle that just missed the playoffs.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2023, 03:58:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Luka isn't in my top 4. He's after Lebron, Kawhi, and PG13. Great scorer. He's a defensive turnstyle that just missed the playoffs.
he has also been in the CF more recently than PG13 or Kawhi, though.  And they don't have to play with team killer Kyrie Irving.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2023, 04:46:46 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

he has also been in the CF more recently than PG13 or Kawhi, though.  And they don't have to play with team killer Kyrie Irving.

Cmon man. We can admit that we have favorites. Mine are Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. I'll defend those guys, even when I have a weak case.

Kyrie isn't the only problem in Dallas. The rest of the team isn't very good, and Luka is a defensive liability. Not a guy you want leading the way if you're trying to win a ring.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2023, 06:19:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Cmon man. We can admit that we have favorites. Mine are Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. I'll defend those guys, even when I have a weak case.

Kyrie isn't the only problem in Dallas. The rest of the team isn't very good, and Luka is a defensive liability. Not a guy you want leading the way if you're trying to win a ring.
Dallas was 27-25 when they made the trade for Irving and with Doncic they were 27-19 (0-6 in the games he missed before Irving).  The Mavs finished 11-19 after acquiring Irving and they were 8-12 in the games Irving played.  In the games Doncic played after acquiring Irving, they were 7-14. 

The acquisition of Irving killed their season.  They went from a playoff team to out of the play-in, after making the conference finals the year before.  Irving kills every team he is on.  He is the biggest loser in the sport and always has been.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2023, 07:17:21 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

Dallas was 27-25 when they made the trade for Irving and with Doncic they were 27-19 (0-6 in the games he missed before Irving).  The Mavs finished 11-19 after acquiring Irving and they were 8-12 in the games Irving played.  In the games Doncic played after acquiring Irving, they were 7-14. 

The acquisition of Irving killed their season.  They went from a playoff team to out of the play-in, after making the conference finals the year before.  Irving kills every team he is on.  He is the biggest loser in the sport and always has been.

Jason Tatum dragged Irving to the playoffs

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2023, 09:06:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Boston was just as good with Irving missing the game entirely as they were when he played. 

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2023, 09:50:25 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I am not sure how Kawhi and PG can be on this list. They can’t stay healthy and have missed a billion games over the last few years. They are the most underwhelming high paid duo in the league imo.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2023, 10:15:05 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

Boston was just as good with Irving missing the game entirely as they were when he played.

Right....thats the point I was making....Tatum could continue to have success with the team killer, whereas Luka could not.

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2023, 10:43:04 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I can't stand Kyrie, but we should give credit where its due. Irving hit the 3 pointer over Stephen Curry in Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals. I agree with your overall point on Kyrie- he stinks.

Luka is super young and has amazing potential. He has to do more in the playoffs to be ranked higher than Tatum. In my subjective ranking, playoff results matter.

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2023, 05:05:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Right....thats the point I was making....Tatum could continue to have success with the team killer, whereas Luka could not.
Except, Boston did well when Irving missed the playoffs and flamed out in 5 games when Irving played.  And Boston also had Horford, Hayward, Brown, Morris, Rozier.  Much better supporting cast.  I mean Boston lost Irving, lost Horford, lost Rozier, lost Morris and went from a 59.8 win percentage to a 66.7% win percentage (they obviously added Kemba and Theis)